Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Gamesworkshop [mod edit]

So seriously Guys how yah going to do it? Lol... Let me explain folks, I'm a devote Gamesworkshop Fan, I love 40K, I have two armies and throughly enjoy being apart of such a nerdy community. But I literally have NO faith in Gamesworkshop's ability to produce good games. they have such a pool of lore and ideas they could make a fantastic game, but they NEVER DO!!!

When was the last good 40K game... Dawn of War? dude Dawn of War 2 wasn't even that good, even with horde mode. yeah it was cool to command my forces and all that shit, but seriously... come on it got boring after like an hour of playing it. And 40k spacemarine do not getting me started on the steaming peice of shit.... and I was really pumped for that one too.

Don't get me wrong I excited about the IDEA of a 40k MMO, I'm just not going to hold my breath for a grand product to come out.

Comments

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

OP chances are this game is not going to live up to your expectations.

As a 40k Lore fiend myself (aka read a lot of the novellas), this game will not deliver the story telling experience I crave. I've already realized this, but that doesn't mean this game won't be fun to play if you play it for what it will be. A large scale online shooter with RPG elements

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • OniFeeZOniFeeZ Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by quotheraving

Originally posted by QuickShatter   When was the last good 40K game... 
    Firstly just FYI neither this game, nor the previous 40k games are being produced by Games Workshop. GW simply allow the use of the IP and in return take a share of the profits. They are in no way responsible for the quality of the end product. 

To play devil's advocate, there is no way that is true. Everything that Behaviour Interactive wants to do they have to get it past Games Workshop's team first. It's super important to Games Workshop that the IP is portrayed in a way that does not, at worst case, destroy what they've spent the last 25 years trying to build. Space Marines must look like Space Marines. The Ultramarine's logo must look like the Ultramarine's logo, etc, etc.

So in a way, Games Workshop is responsible for the quality of the end product. However, they trust game developers to create a game, because that's their job. They might not care about what damage values a Bolter has in a particular game that is true, but said Bolter must at least look and fit Games Workshop's vision for it.

Originally posted by quotheraving
    For starters Space Marine was, in my opinion, super linear and lacked a meaningful way of customising your character both of which made it feel very restrictive, but I didn't think it was a "steaming piece of shit" and managed to do a pretty good job of representing how a 40k Space Marine should feel in combat and to me felt like a good 'proof of principle' game that should have been heavily expanded on to meet it's full potential.

I liked it by and large, although I think it could have been closer to the lore and IP of the universe. For example; Captain Titus wasn't really all that... captainy. Where were the other two members at least from his Vet Command Squad?

The gameplay mechanics where rather hit and miss, imo, but that's simply because the health regen system didn't make sense to me since he was an Ultramarine, but in context of another chapter, for example; Flesh Tearers, it would be more sensible. Having said that, I think it would have been better if it followed some sort of principle like his health was always regenerating, meaning a shot had to do enough to kill him to actually... kill him. And not wittle him down or something.

He was also chronically under-equipped for being a Captain imo.

As for Dawn of War. To be honest, when I first got it, I didn't enjoy it. The base building etc to me was completely not in the fluff so I didn't want it. After I had a bit of a hiatus from Games Workshop in general and I decided to play it, I actually really enjoyed it. Dawn of War 2 looks very pretty but imo it wasn't nearly as good for ironically the reason that it delivered what I was looking for in the first one. One problem, the armies weren't really armies imo, but lots of skirmishing units.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Games workshop is doing enough on their own destroying the property they built. Corporate greed at its finest. I digress though, as a shooter it should be fun enough. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    You can't judge until it's in atleast closed beta.  It almost sounds like the OP wants the game to fail.   One thing that pisses me off is so-called fans of GW who constantly badmouth GW yet show up every weekend at their local hobby shops to play GW games.  If these kids are such genius game designers, why don't they design games?  Nuff said.
  • freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    [mod edit]

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    [mod edit]

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Giving this the benefit of the doubt for now and editing the title. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]