Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stretch goals jumped from 22% - 84%! Where is the Sketch?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

I checked last night and they were at 22%, and now its at 84% - Where do I get to see the sketch? And could we at least get a picture of the poster that the SOE attendees get? Many thanks! 

https://www.everquestnext.com/

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

probably will be posted monday on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/everquestnext

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    ppfffttttt there is no way they actually jumped that much legitimately.  They either lowered the numbers needed or just bumped it up.  It was increasing about 5% a day max and there were no giant news articles yesterday to raise that much interest.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

This is what you would call SOE "tooting their own horn."

The number of votes barely went up and all of a sudden we're at 85%. They obviously changed the required votes after realizing the ambitious goal they originally set was almost impossible to achieve, probably because the excitement for more of Gabor's art died down.

So for those of you who any doubt in your minds, this is proof undeniable of SOE fueling the hype-train. They just couldn't bear the sight of the progress bar slowing down as much as it did.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by superconducting

The number of votes barely went up and all of a sudden we're at 85%. They obviously changed the required votes after realizing the ambitious goal they originally set was almost impossible to achieve, probably because the excitement for more of Gabor's art died down.

So for those of you who any doubt in your minds, this is proof undeniable of SOE fueling the hype-train. They just couldn't bear the sight of the progress bar slowing down as much as it did.

SOE didn't change the requirements. There were 6000 new facebook likes yesterday.

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I don't understand why they  are building up hype for this title - unless it's close to release. 
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by froggiestonemmo
    I don't understand why they  are building up hype for this title - unless it's close to release. 

According to Smed it is close to release.  End of year at latest will be the release date for this game.  I would say maybe even September-October, but would more think a November release is likely.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by froggiestonemmo

SoE launches its games within few months from official unveiling.

They did that for EQ2 and PS2

Expect Beta (or better Stress Test) in August, launch in mid September.

On another note......................Facebook is not a popular media to market MMORPGs, that's why the Stretch Goal was so slow.

I really hope EQNext is not integrated with Facebook like ESO...........................

Originally posted by Iadien

SOE didn't change the requirements. There were 6000 new facebook likes yesterday.

I may not have exactly the right numbers here, but what I remember was at ~13% progress, there were something like 12.5K facebook likes. At that point the thing had been progressing quite slowly for over a day.

Next day, all of a sudden 83% progress. And 14K facebook likes reported now.

So you're telling me that's the explanation? Come on, be real. It was clearly manipulated.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by ste2000

I really hope EQNext is not integrated with Facebook like ESO...........................

ESO won't be integrated with Facebook anymore, it was announced at PAX East. Facebook changed their EULA and it can't be incorporated into the game like ZOS wanted to.

I may not have exactly the right numbers here, but what I remember was at ~13% progress, there were something like 12.5K facebook likes. At that point the thing had been progressing quite slowly for over a day.

So you're telling me that's the explanation? Come on, be real. It was clearly manipulated.

By not exactly, you mean no where close to the correct numbers. It was at 24% with 8.5k facebook likes, it is now at 14.3k likes.

And yes, it was clearly manipulated with fake facebook likes, but SOE had nothing to do with that.

By not exactly, you mean no where close to the correct numbers. It was at 24% with 8.5k facebook likes, it is now at 14.3k likes.

And yes, it was clearly manipulated with fake facebook likes, but SOE had nothing to do with that.

Ok fine Jeez no need to be mean, I said I didn't remember the numbers didn't I ? Point is something didn't make sense that's for sure. No WAY it could've jumped that much when it was barely moving earlier.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

The only body with any stake of advantage in manipulating the numbers is SOE.

..unless you are suggesting some other stakeholder has a vested interest here.  The Amish mafia, maybe?

Originally posted by Telondariel

..unless you are suggesting some other stakeholder has a vested interest here.  The Amish mafia, maybe?

Do you think SOE decided to create a ton of fake facebook accounts?

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I'm excited for the game, but in my opinion it was definitely manipulated.  As it's been said it was creeping up at a snail pace and then all of a sudden does some giant jump, coincidentally with nothing new going on news wise with the game.

It was for sure manipulated in some way.

Too bad all of the unlocks are mediocre. =(

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Telondariel

Do you think SOE decided to create a ton of fake facebook accounts?

I'm pretty sure I, and others, answered that multiple times.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The lack of integrity shown by this manipulation is troubling.

What if a shitty corporate giant created a great game... can I love EQN and hate SOE? Hmmm... I guess I'll soon find out.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    In the bag of fluff and assorted goods, here let me get that for you....
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    When the same thing happened with Defiance pre-orders on Steam, everyone was like "well, it's a great game and absolutely possible that it shot from 0 to 100 over night".

• JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Volgore
    When the same thing happened with Defiance pre-orders on Steam, everyone was like "well, it's a great game and absolutely possible that it shot from 0 to 100 over night".

Actually Defiance did sell a crapton of copies on steam, it was right after open beta prior to launch.

It had nothing to do with the quality of game, it had to do with people actually preordering, steam sales do not reflect quality, just copies sold.

There is no way to manipulate Steam sales with fake accounts as you actually have to complete the purchase.

*Quoted for Excellence in Wordsmithery and Logic

+1 Internets for you sir.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Well its up to 100 now, I am wanting to see some art and black box videos, come on SoE!
  • ahrounahroun Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by thedood123
    Well its up to 100 now, I am wanting to see some art and black box videos, come on SoE!

Me too!

• ZiezoZiezo Member UncommonPosts: 45

Woootttt!! 100% VIDEO! Hahahahahaa Can't wait! Gimme ~NEXT~!

Playing: TESO (great!)
    Most looking forward for: Everquest Next
    Have Played: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest 1, EverQuest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion, CoH, Loong, Dragon nest, LoL, Alods, Diablo 3, NWN, Tera, Poe, Guild Wars 2, Rift
    Most favorite; Everquest online Adventures (EQOA, 2003, PS2)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    nothing on the facebook site yet -- guess need to wait until 9am Pacific time
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

LOL!

Did everyone who is waiting for the black box video actually read what the video is going to be about? It's not anything from the game, that's for August 2nd.

Here's a snippet from everquestnext.com.

• Go Inside the Black Box-When we reach this goal, Sr. Producer Terry Michaels will give a guided video tour of the Black Box where EverQuest Next is being made!

Not that I want to burst everyones bubble, but there it is. :)