Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your one worry about EQN?

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    My biggest "worry" about EQN is that they will go the typical western MMO route of trinity, quest hub, gear grinds, and raids as their main form of progression.  However, since it's f2p I can just test it out and if I don't like it I can just admit it isn't for me and NOT troll on a game forum on a game I don't even play or like.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    That the PvP will be instanced. Actually, instancing in general. I hate it.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    cash shops

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 Member Posts: 36
    Not what they let us know on Aug 2nd, 2013........but the release date of Aug 2nd......2014 (omg)
  • ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172
    My one worry, my greatest fear... is that EQNext will be more like EQ2, than EQ1.  EQ2 is an abomination that needs to be erased from MMO history with fire, napalm, laser beams, asteroid impact, Nagafen's breath.. etc
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    To much catering to PvP players. Balancing classes around PvP is the true death. 
  • GholosGholos Member Posts: 209
    My greatest fear is that EQN will be a GW2 clone, with all that this imply.

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    For me it is whether or not I will have my new PC put together by the time the game is able to be played. Other than that I will just wait and see what comes about after the reveal. Why worry now when we don't have any facts?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    That it won't be an exact copy of EQ1 with updated graphics.
  • ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    I have about three main concerns. If I had to pick one, it would be the cash shop. They are always slightly pay to win, immersion breaking, and anything sold in a cash could (should) have been crafted by a player.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

For me it is the SC Shop. Just looking at Vanguard and EQ2 with the SC Shop being ridiculous in both of them. I worry that EQN is going to have the " in your face " SC Shop that offers to many shortcuts.

In Vanguard the SC Shop offers gear and even killed off crafting because of some items that only crafters could make that you would need you can now buy in the shop.

Been awhile since I played EQ2 and honestly I have bought cosmetic items on the SC Shop. But the shop had sooo many things listed that it was ridiculous.

I would be ok if EQN had cosmetic items or keys to unlock chests and the like but not anything that would hurt crafting and especially gear.

This is a good point, I worry more that the 'forum whiners' will make this an all access easy mode game, which is exactly what the genre does not need at this point...or ever again imo.  I feel like it may be a bit early to start worrying about my issue, as we have not even seen an alpha demo yet.  Only time will tell.

That would be bad.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

This is a good point, I worry more that the 'forum whiners' will make this an all access easy mode game, which is exactly what the genre does not need at this point...or ever again imo.  I feel like it may be a bit early to start worrying about my issue, as we have not even seen an alpha demo yet.  Only time will tell.

That would be bad.

it will happen, it always happns, they always win, ruin a game then move on to the next title which needs urgent carebearification.

Let's hope there will be a couple of months vanilla EQN to play until they slowly adapt it to please the loudest complainers, PvP haters, "the game is too hard" folks and anyone else who never spends a dime in the cash shop

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

us$20 instead of us$10 per month subscription.

• BerrianBerrian Member Posts: 5
    ........Posts like this will keep popping up......................

..........Oh, you thought you banned me...............

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    That dungeons will be the more modern style where you go in with a group, clear from start to finish, then leave.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

My top worry (one of many) is that this will be another "month and done" MMO that is so focused on combat that the rest of it suffers. That the game will "start" at end game.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Shadowguy64

you don't really expect that, do you?

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by baphamet

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was...

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by baphamet

no

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

My greatest fear is that its going to be so easy that there is no challenge.

Max level in 1 day . Best gear in a week . Dying is used as teleport and holds no actual meaning .

Pvp is just another WoW BF gear grind .

Crafting is click a button and watch bar fill up.

Combat is  Tank presses taunt button once  and goes AFK .

Healer has pet which automatically heals while healer does dps .

Dps just spam 11111 and macro does massive damage which kills hardest monster within 20 seconds .

yep it could be bad

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Zaradoom

I have seen WAY worse cash shops then the SoE ones. Don't exactly get what the issue here is. Actually i think the hybrids SoE offers are the best ftp models i saw up to now. This is the only reason i even consider playing EQ Next, even tho it is said to be FTP.

That being said: i HATE free to play models. Really hate them. I don't want a cash shop, AT ALL. So i guess my biggest fear will come true and i have to deal with it. Hoping the game is good enough to forget about the cashgrabbing.

The next biggest flaw an MMO can do? Consoles... really. Dumbed down controls, annoying UI and all that stuff while playing ON A PC just makes me scream and log off for good.

This. 1000 times, this.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

My main worries:

-cash shop

-it's just turns out to be a bad game, the gameplay / graphics etc are terrible

-there's no community, or the community is bad

-max level in a week

-it's a multibox fest after 2 weeks

-there's no PVE servers

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Grailer

My greatest fear is that its going to be so easy that there is no challenge.

Max level in 1 day . Best gear in a week . Dying is used as teleport and holds no actual meaning .

Pvp is just another WoW BF gear grind .

Crafting is click a button and watch bar fill up.

Combat is  Tank presses taunt button once  and goes AFK .

Healer has pet which automatically heals while healer does dps .

Dps just spam 11111 and macro does massive damage which kills hardest monster within 20 seconds .

yep it could be bad

yupp, my fears as well. You just described about every mmo with a holy trinity.

Also, the cash shop could be a problem if they have the same model as Vanguard, EQ and EQ2 with limitations. At least Planetside 2 has a much better model but an mmorpg has a bagillion more features than Planetside 2 so im sure they will screw EQN with lots of limitations for free players. (itll be a f2p game from the ground up but i heard they will have a subscription option, so they most likely will limit free players progression, money, mails, gear tier and skill level, just to make them sub). Thats a game killer (swtor, im looking at you).......

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Mine probably ties in with yours, OP. It's SOE, there hasn't been a single game they've had that they didn't ruin yet.  Maybe Planetside 2, but that's new, you have to give them time.  SOE is one of the slowest companies after all lol.

I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't charge you real money for repairs or to be rezzed or to learn skills or to buy the highest gear.

I completely disagree that SOE does a bad job with their cash shops.  The amount of content you get for zero dollars is quite high, and if you feel you should be able to play more than what they offer for free without throwing them a small monthly sub, or spending $20 or $30 in the cash shop, then I don't know what to say.

When I started playing EQ again, all I did was pay for a sub and bought the expansion for about $30, which included a ton of previous expansion I didn't even have.

And that's all the money I spent on the game and it gave me access to just about everything I wanted.  The one or two extra things I wanted ended up being bought with the +SC you get from just having a monthly subscription.

I haven't played EQ2 in many years, but from what people tell me on what you get for free and how much the cash shop costs for a reasonable player is more than fair from what I have heard, much cheaper than other F2P games anyway.

Vanguard has a much healthier population now than when back when I stopped playing (when it was P2P).  The game has a lot more content, much more polished and offers most of it without a single dime.  They saved VG, and the F2P model there is extremely respectable.

PS2 is by far their best/cheapest system because you can earn every weapon, suit upgrade and vehicle enhancement without paying a cent.  I think the only things you can't "earn" are little cosmetic items (I could be wrong though).  The cert bonus from the subscription and the SC monthly credits it gives is also well worth the $15.

Frankly, I've played lots of games, P2P that went F2P, and straight F2P games, and so far the most reasonable ones I've seen have been from SOE.  I don't think people have any room to complain on this matter.  All the people I've seen complain about SOE's F2P model seem to suggest that they expect the games to be played to the fullest without ever spending a dime.  It's not realistic at all. 

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

My one worry about EQN is that they will push graphics and in game assets too far and create too high of system requirements for the average PC gamer.  My wife and I have insanely nice gaming rigs ( Mine having 3770k OCed to 4.9ghz, 8GB of ram, 3x 670 GTXes, and a 240GB SSD's...  My wife has 2500k OCed to 5.0ghz, 8GB of ram, 2x 770 GTXs and a 240GB SSD.)

I have no doubt that we'll be able to handle EQN with zero problems, but EQ2 suffered from too high of system requirements and it hurt their player base drastically.  

PS2 looks great, and runs smooth for me even in large battles, so that's comforting... but you never really know.

As much as I love companies pushing graphics, physics and other systems to the max, but I want it to run smooth and be accessible for lots of people to enjoy.  That's my only real concern at this point.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL