Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please close or delete. (Trion resolved issue)

Comments

• Hmmm, yeah Multiboxing is one thing. Like if you're running 3 different characters in a game that is slow paced like old EQ, it's doable. What 3rd party BS  that guy is using is obviously against almost every TOS. By pressing 1 key it makes all those characters do something, otherwise this guy has like 5 hands. There are macros in RIFT, I think, but none to control multiple characters. 

I agree though, why pay more to play a mmorpg by yourself? Never made sense to me.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

While I initially opened this thread with the mindset "oh another troll who got killed in pvp" I was surprised to find such a valid article.

I am totally against multi-boxing because like others have stated, why would you play an MMO by yourself? I think this is economy breaking and gives too much of an edge specially in pvp based situations.While I have never experienced this first hand in PvP, I have in PvE and it is extremely disappointing to know that even reporting that person is a waste of time. Someone multi-boxing in PvP could completely turn a "battle ground" in that teams favor because team work is really all that is required in these types of games.

On another note you brought up, I see so much racial/sexual talk in games like WoW and Tera (who has one of the worst general chats I have ever seen, but all in all a game I really enjoy). It is weird how trolling has become the norm instead of the occasional jerk that we can all ignore. Everyone is a troll know and communities are suffering from this.

Anyway, I don't think it was right for you to get banned from the forums for simply stating what I would consider an opinion that wasn't aggressive or provoking. Sorry to hear that what I had assumed was a great company is no better than EA/Blizz/Activision

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

In that video of the OP, at a certain point his box goes down and you can see his background...he's using ISBoxer, which is a hack tool that taps into the game and sends commands to different instances of the game.

He's a hacker, not just a multiboxer.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Isboxer a hack tool ?
    its a tool that allows you to setup multiple accounts for games dude.
    Its alowed and fine in all mmo's where multi boxing is alowed.
    You pay 5 dollar a month to use that, and its mostly used to Eve Online / WoW and offcourse them Free to Play games where it doesnt cost 1 cent to make mutiple accounts.

But please dont call it a hack tool its a multibox software program.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Isboxer a hack tool ?
    its a tool that allows you to setup multiple accounts for games dude.
    Its alowed and fine in all mmo's where multi boxing is alowed.

right..I'm sure it is....using ISboxer instabans you  if the game uses gameguard and hackshield, it crashes the game

there are always people who QQ in those games for getting bans

And ISboxer IS a hack tool, since it taps into the games to allow you to send different commands to different game instances.

Also, Lavish software are the people behind Macroquest...which is a known hack program for EQ and EQ2.

Macroquest allowed people to one-shot raid bosses and warp accross zones

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52

I've been playing RIFT for quite some time lately, but hearing about this just ruins it for me. I sure hope they change this garbage. 

I don't mind someone multi-logging, but having five characters played from one keyboard and mouse is pathetic.

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Master.Ryu

I've been playing RIFT for quite some time lately, but hearing about this just ruins it for me. I sure hope they change this garbage. 

I don't mind someone multi-logging, but having five characters played from one keyboard and mouse is pathetic.

How about 10?

And yes, i agree. It angers me more that as soon as someone replies to the "complaint" post on the official forum that can construct a cohesive arguement gets banned. It really, really, really makes me mad. It almost makes me want to divulge other important yet pathetic details about Rift, but im still pondering on how much i want to say.

And like it or not, Waterlilly is absolutely correct.

Edited to take out additional info because apparently i can be offensive when not knowing so and id rather not get my thread locked and/or deleted and/or banned with a link to a "rules of conduct" page that doesn't even exist, as i did on Rift official forums.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Uhm ISboxer can be used normaly in most mmo's and games buddy.
    Its alowed in WoW and Eve Online and some other AAA mmo's, maybe not in games with Gamegaurd, but thats the most shit hack prevention tool in the history of gaming.

You think Blizzard and CCP woulnt ban you for using hacks ?
    Check some forums and read what is does....

Its a program that lets you send keystrokes to multiple accounts at the same time instead uf using 5 mouses and keyboards.
    You setup your hotkeys like you would in any normal mmo and ISboxer will send that command from 1 mouse and keyboard.

You think its lame or hacking, i think its not.
    But to say its a hacking tool is a little stretched m8.

In Eve its kinda normal to multibox as most people i know have 3 to 8 accounts.
    Itsa nightmare in Eve to target Enemy npc's or players, after you have setup ISboxer life becmes much more easier to farm some isk.

I will say that its kinda lame in PVP mmo's like WoW and Rift, but for PVE i see eno harm other then people being upset they can farm faster and do more things solo.
    I woulnt mind this tool disabled for PVP purpose.

But do not say its a Hacking tool as that shit is way diffrent then a simple tool that makes life easier.
    A hacking tool tabs into the game and makes your aim 100% or disable the global cooldown or whatever shit hackers do.
    Aimbots
    Speedbots
    farmbots
    automated scripts
    macro abuse
    that stuff i consider hacking

As long as CCP and Blizzard have no problem with this stuff you can bet its not a hacking tool :)

ISboxer is not used in most mmo's lol. Only by people that like to undermine gameplay and risk their account(s).

Multiboxing =/= ghost programs.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by tristanryan
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    You realize games like WoW have allowed this for years and years now right? Its not remotely prohibited by any real games that I know. There is a difference between exploiting and multi-boxing.

Watch the video.

It requires 3rd party software, which is against the TOS. (3rd party software is also against the TOS in World of Warcraft). The difference here.. Blizzard doesnt ban multiboxers because WoW is a subscription based game on its last leg. Rift is F2P and there is absolutely zero reason to allow this filth.

Third party software that allows you to be away from the keyboard and still do tasks unattended would fit the TOS.  If he is at the keyboard and pressing keys it is fine..... sorry buttercup.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Play EVE if you want to see how pro's do multi boxing. image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Once again, what i consider multiboxing, and what you consider multiboxing must be two wildly different things.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Once again, what i consider multiboxing, and what you consider multiboxing must be two wildly different things.

What you consider multiboxing and what i consider multi boxing is actually the same thing. Unless the person in question is gold seller.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Funniest part is the person links it on twitch and uses "owning" to describe what there doing lol. I would feel like such a sucker playing any game like this and would damn sure be ashamed to admit it let alone broadcast it. I can understand why a sub game would let this slide as the person would be paying for all those accounts but at the same time how many players would you loose do to this cheating. In a tab target game this is just as cheesy as an aimbot imo.
  • SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

I played Rift when it released and my memories of PvP center around an infestation of  AFK people and bots farming battlegrounds for points. PvE was just as bad with mostly terrible players that couldn't work together or communicate if their life depended on it.

What you showed is vastly more enjoyable.  Multiboxing, actually makes me want to play Rift again. 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    You realize games like WoW have allowed this for years and years now right? Its not remotely prohibited by any real games that I know. There is a difference between exploiting and multi-boxing.

Watch the video.

It requires 3rd party software, which is against the TOS. (3rd party software is also against the TOS in World of Warcraft). The difference here.. Blizzard doesnt ban multiboxers because WoW is a subscription based game on its last leg. Rift is F2P and there is absolutely zero reason to allow this filth.

Hmm... I used to multibox WoW many years ago and I never used any third party software and the game wasn't even at it's peak, research is fun...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

Is multi-boxing wrong? No

Is using macro and bot software to control a second char wrong? yes

Games should actively discourage this sort of game play out of principle. If they build a game with character dependency then they should also build a mercenary system into the game that allows only one merc at a time so that if a server is low population or the content area level you are going through has nobody else around, you can still progress and have some fun until you get into an area with groups again

I would also want to see your Merc auto despawn when you enter a higher population area. This way grouping is always first and formost on player's mind if they want to overcome certain objectives.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Karble

Is multi-boxing wrong? No

Is using macro and bot software to control a second char wrong? yes

Games should actively discourage this sort of game play out of principle. If they build a game with character dependency then they should also build a mercenary system into the game that allows only one merc at a time so that if a server is low population or the content area level you are going through has nobody else around, you can still progress and have some fun until you get into an area with groups again

I would also want to see your Merc auto despawn when you enter a higher population area. This way grouping is always first and formost on player's mind if they want to overcome certain objectives.

You are unrealistic.  Such a policy, would lose the company how the extra "boxes" of the multiboxer even if such as system could be inforced.  There isn't any compensation for this loss of revenue. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Only problem I have with Rift multiboxing is now that the game has gone F2P I see quite a few people multiboxing ridiculous amounts of characters.  

Ran into someone just last night running 10 clerics.  Kind of silly if you ask me.

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I hate to bring this up, but what do you think xpect in a free to play game?
    Seriously, people cried for free to play and now that you got it these are the kind of players that inhabit free to play games exploiters cheaters jerks ne'er do well this is what you get in subscriber games you get policing community support and active countermeasures again this side of things but again none of you want to actually pay for a game you just want to play for free.

Ftp games are entirely about money generation, devs don't make ftp games to make you happy, they make them to MAKE Money.

Therefore everyone is welcome. Sorry, but that's unfortunately how it is, not that it's right.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• thegreatestagainthegreatestagain Member Posts: 35

mmorpgs are tricky.  besides the impact on pvp, the more multiboxing and botting is allowed , the more players will be required to do it to stay 'productive' (unless there is activity that cannot be botted that gives better rewards for active only play, although players will always try find a way to multi or bot these) 

but the less it is allowed, the more gold sellers will control the games economy, limited only by the open world pvp nature of the game and not always then (darkfall 1, for example, had no botting but yes multiboxing, although gold sellers were able to successfuly farm enough to supply many players)

you might have your SB1 buff/summon bots, the AC1 unattended combat macros, eve online belt farming, market botting (true control of eve), 

in my opinion, the best system for me is one where players can multi box and can bot for good rewards , xp and loot, but are limited only by a fully open world pvp system.  i realize this is not everyones ideal system.  i can and do enjoy other kinds of games.

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

It basicly comes down to bad game design.

I begin to see why some people dislike tab targeting so much.

Sure,  a company could take a zero tolerance stance on 3rd party software.. But Im sure clever people could circumvent that by using hardware in some way.. Even that that too is disallowed it is harder to prove.

If you dont have to make a unique key stroke for every single action on every single character, then it is the most extreme example of paying to win. Even for games without an item shop or subscription. Worst case the company recieves no extra money from all of these accounts and they are driving paying customers away. When I said Pay to Win I was referring to paying for 3rd party software or an elaborate hardware setup. (Although in the case of subscription based games or essential items from the item mall, there would be some money going to the game.)

I've multiboxed in a few games. But I have never cloned my keystrokes or automated what wasnt already automated, like passive shield block, autoattacks, /follow or autopilot. Ok I jammed a key with a piece of paper to allow my shaman to keep casting heal.. which incidently allowed, or forced, due to aggro from over healing, 2 of my shamans to tank pretty much anything in DAoC PvE.  

Anyways, I have found multiboxing to be quite enjoyable at times and down right necessary at other times. But I would think this keystroke cloning would soon lose its allure for me. 

Multiboxing isn't how the games are supposed to be played, but in most cases it only has a slight influence on the ingame economy. What was presented by the OP is gamebreaking. Sure "a coordinated group could take them down." But how often do you run into one of those in MMOs these days. Especially when the choices offered are: Join solo/duo and get farmed. Try to organize a group and get farmed. Spend weeks getting farmed trying to train a guild group. Or pay 5 dollars per month for some 3rd party software and pwn newbs all day long and maybe get owned back once a day.

argh.. Im just rambling on THE END

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    At least, n00bs got a chance to own in PVP. In Wow  lvl 90 multiboxers still own in world pvp... in Outland.
  • WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by thegreatestagain

you might have your SB1 buff/summon bots, the AC1 unattended combat macros, eve online belt farming, market botting (true control of eve), 

I have no problem at all with this sort, provided you can kill them for profit. Although as far as I know that only applies to the macro miners of EvE.. But those I saw as NPCs that paid for for my enjoyment twice. once to CCP for game time and once ingame for me to get a better ship. 

Ofcourse they did their part to ruin mining as a career. It was dull enough to begin with.. But since minerals were much easier to get from missions it hardly mattered. Mission macroers or belt ratting macroers were not part of my personal experience, so I wont speak to the effect of that.