Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Taun Tauns Headed to SWTOR

Comments

• residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I thought tauntauns were only on Hoth? Bioware...
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Originally posted by orionblack
    Wow look ..another Cartel Item...why I unsubbed to begin with, love how that Market is getting way more attention than the freaking game itself.

Indeed Taun Taun's are back but players won't be coming back to ride them.

hahahaha true

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by velmax
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

A mount?

I thought mounts were for games with actual worlds?

Just look at the background of the screenshot. They include an endless bliss of water to spark the imagination of, "what can I find out there?" Too bad screenshots don't pick up invisible walls...  then people will understand how small and linear this game really is.

They should fix the Space Combat, that's the only chance to get some extra players

Super space project might fix this.

A bit offtopic but the SSSP is in an early playable state as of the cantina tour in San Diago. Quote below.

The Super Secret Space Project question was asked, and Damion Schubert was ready for it. He said the project is now in an early playable state. That’s all he would go into on the matter.

source - http://ootinicast.com/

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Taun Tauns are great, looking forward to having one of these.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by BadOrb

A bit offtopic but the SSSP is in an early playable state as of the cantina tour in San Diago. Quote below.

The Super Secret Space Project question was asked, and Damion Schubert was ready for it. He said the project is now in an early playable state. That’s all he would go into on the matter.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If Bioware stopped doing Tauntauns and other cash shop money grabbers, maybe they would have finished the SSSP long time ago.

That shows EA priorities...............just saying.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If Bioware stopped doing Tauntauns and other cash shop money grabbers, maybe they would have finished the SSSP long time ago.

That shows EA priorities...............just saying.

I have a feeling we'll all be let down once we see the SSSP in action. 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman

I have a feeling we'll all be let down once we see the SSSP in action. 

I am done with SWTOR but I really hope EA understand how important this is for the future of the game.

It doesn't look like they are in a hurry though................

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I hope their turning circle is small enough to cope with the corridors.
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    I hope their turning circle is small enough to cope with the corridors.

I was more worried about their height as I might not be able to run under trees etc , If you mean't the TaunTaun that is.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

Originally posted by Ehliya

I have been unsubbed from SWTOR for awhile, but I still remember the excitement leading up to launch.  By the Force, what happened?

Original SWG had a devoted following.  Then they destroyed their own creation. They tried again with one of the greatest IP in world history.  With SWTOR had the name and reputation of Bioware behind the work.  Now it is in the Cash Shop Masquerading As A Game death spiral.

It is like reverse alchemy - turning gold into lead.

Ehliya,

SWTOR was fun...I even went to the launch party in NYC....

but your reverse alchemy comment has me rolling...LMFAO

Remember this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRmJh2Qw0HU

This game had so much potential...it was impossible for it to live up to the hype...

• KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63

I have been unsubbed from SWTOR for awhile, but I still remember the excitement leading up to launch.  By the Force, what happened?

Original SWG had a devoted following.  Then they destroyed their own creation. They tried again with one of the greatest IP in world history.  With SWTOR had the name and reputation of Bioware behind the work.  Now it is in the Cash Shop Masquerading As A Game death spiral.

Actually swg fans ruined swtor cuz it wasnt swg2. Swtor was awesome and if anything the worlds were too big took forever for world pvp. Only bad thing about the game was alts cuz u did all the quests before. Sad tho swg was never ever considered a success but now the few 100 ppl who played it come on these forums all the time and just talk about how wow is horrible and going free to play swtor was worst game ever created and sandbox are the only real mmos 

Originally posted by Kalstark

Actually swg fans ruined swtor cuz it wasnt swg2. Swtor was awesome and if anything the worlds were too big took forever for world pvp. Only bad thing about the game was alts cuz u did all the quests before. Sad tho swg was never ever considered a success but now the few 100 ppl who played it come on these forums all the time and just talk about how wow is horrible and going free to play swtor was worst game ever created and sandbox are the only real mmos 

SWG fans didn't ruin SWTOR...Bioware did.

First, they made the stupid mistake of creating a "Story Driven MMO." Most MMOs can't even deliver content on time much less Story driven content...Bioware played themselves with this comment because they have to do real work....

Now the "Story Driven" is a cash store...lets see what other items from ST: ANH, ST:ESB, ST: ROTJ "appears" in SWTOR.

Tauntauns are only on Hoth, you dolts...http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tauntaun

I never played SWG...

I was looking to get a piece of the Star Wars action at the ground level(new mmo - 10 year lifecycle)...that was the appeal of SWTOR.

I was a fool...there's no other way to say it.

I bought into the hype....Damn Bioware Marketers...

Choose your side...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWE6ZcW68nU

For closing comments, Bioware couldn't satisfy everyone. They made design decisions for growth and the extra large maps, the complexity of the game should have worked but it didn't. I think they underestimated how demanding the gamers are.. Also, F2P was coming and they didn't build the game with that consideration. It was like a total re-engineering. It hard to win when things are changing so fast...so many parties to try to satisfy. 

The other thing that hurts them. I watched all the cutscenes on youtube for all the characters, why should I play this game now?

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    I know when I think SWTOR I think a game that needs more mounts.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by residentx

SWG fans didn't ruin SWTOR...Bioware did.

First, they made the stupid mistake of creating a "Story Driven MMO." Most MMOs can't even deliver content on time much less Story driven content...Bioware played themselves with this comment because they have to do real work....

Now the "Story Driven" is a cash store...lets see what other items from ST: ANH, ST:ESB, ST: ROTJ "appears" in SWTOR.

Tauntauns are only on Hoth, you dolts...http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tauntaun

There is new story content coming in 2 week then 1 week later then October the 1st. Plus story in FP's and OP's. We have space ships , so after training a tauntaun to take a saddle just pop him/her on our spaceships , or better still teach him on the space ship with a toy saddle from a tauntling , many ways. So why the triple post ? Edit is not your friend ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• alstreamalstream Member Posts: 14
    I haven't play in earlier parts but thisone looks amazing, I hope I can start from it.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Originally posted by orionblack
    Wow look ..another Cartel Item...why I unsubbed to begin with, love how that Market is getting way more attention than the freaking game itself.

Indeed Taun Taun's are back but players won't be coming back to ride them.

Do not have to. They are ALREADY there. Full of them and in any part of the swtor world. Game is lively more then ever. Despite trolls and haters.

You forgot to add "because I said so," to the end of your statement.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So many have fallen to the Dark Side.

I think when Vader and the Emperor said "Give into your anger", they meant embrace it.

Not try and  f*** it to death like some psyco twisted love-hate relationship.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

lol how did 100 people ruin a game that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make? That's hilarious

Originally posted by Hokie

I think when Vader and the Emperor said "Give into your anger", they meant embrace it.

They meant: use only the more primitive parts of your brain near the brain stem so I can control you easier.

Dog is Hungry, dog eats

Dog is threatened, dog bites

Man acts like Dog, Man is a slave

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by Kniknax

Sorry, but its Tauntaun. One word.

Yup.  It's one word.

Taun Tauns are breasts in Star Wars lore if I'm not mistaken, usually in reference to cantina dancers and their large bosoms. 

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by ignore_me

They meant: use only the more primitive parts of your brain near the brain stem so I can control you easier.

Dog is Hungry, dog eats

Kinda of my point. These people have gone beyond base emotions of hate, anger, fear.

Instead its some kind of twisted obsession.

Im passionate about some things gaming. Maybe there is a fine line between passion and insanity, I dont know? Either way most of their responses are LOL-worthy.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Originally posted by ignore_me

Dog is Hungry, dog eats

Kinda of my point. These people have gone beyond base emotions of hate, anger, fear.

Instead its some kind of twisted obsession.

Im passionate about some things gaming. Maybe there is a fine line between passion and insanity, I dont know? Either way most of their responses are LOL-worthy.

Ah I wouldn't read too much into it. Takes 2 minutes to write a response, and anonymity makes theatrics the norm.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by Terranah
    Originally posted by Kniknax

Sorry, but its Tauntaun. One word. {edited}

Yup.  It's one word.

Taun Tauns are breasts in Star Wars lore if I'm not mistaken, usually in reference to cantina dancers and their large bosoms. 

Correct, as in "Check out the Taun Tauns on Leia."   Or, "Tauntauns may smell bad but they sure are tasty."

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.