Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Your one worry about EQN?

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,697Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scarecrow83

I'm curious how many of you people have actually played an SOE game and used the cash shop. I've played several SOE games (Planetside 2, EQ, EQ2, DCUO) and rarely felt the cash shop was in the way. 

Stop please...........

I had to subscribe to play the game as intended, could not use Master Spells, Legendary/Epic equipment, tight Gold restriction, and AH restrictions, you can't really play the game as intended with those restrictions.

I unsubscribed after 2 months after I discovered that in order to play the end game I had to buy the last expansion (an an optional one to use the mercenaries)

F2P my arse...............

SoE revenue model is the worst out there.

But I spent money on Rift cash shop, because I didn't feel like I was forced to use it................

They didn't have any of that silly EQ2 restriction and I spent money on cosmetic items.

There you go.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by arieste

I'm curious how many of you people have actually played an SOE game and used the cash shop. I've played several SOE games (Planetside 2, EQ, EQ2, DCUO) and rarely felt the cash shop was in the way. All I've ever seen in SOE's cash shop is cosmetic items and xp boosts and stuff like that. 

+1.  As much as i'd like to have the game be entirely sub based and P2P, we know that's not happening.  In the world of lesser evils, I'll gladly take EQ2's cash shop with its cosmetic items, mounts and other things that have virtually no gameplay impact. 

I think these may have significant impact on gameplay depending on the game design.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• KrimzinKrimzin Fort Worth, TXPosts: 545Member Uncommon

Originally posted by TribeofOne
    i worry that it will be ffa pvp with no separate PVE servers.

This will Never happen.
    SOE isn't stupid enough to force PvP on anyone.
    There will be both PvP and PvE servers as well as some type of PvP Flag system and probably even dueling of some kind.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.

It's an Orange thing
  • ariestearieste toronto, ONPosts: 3,308Member Common
    Originally posted by coretex666

I'm curious how many of you people have actually played an SOE game and used the cash shop. I've played several SOE games (Planetside 2, EQ, EQ2, DCUO) and rarely felt the cash shop was in the way. All I've ever seen in SOE's cash shop is cosmetic items and xp boosts and stuff like that. 

+1.  As much as i'd like to have the game be entirely sub based and P2P, we know that's not happening.  In the world of lesser evils, I'll gladly take EQ2's cash shop with its cosmetic items, mounts and other things that have virtually no gameplay impact. 

I think these may have significant impact on gameplay depending on the game design.

Well, i look at it this way - if me riding an SC-purchased Sabretoothed Squirrel Mount with no stats is going to be "significant to gameplay", then I'm not going to play the type of game anyway.  Therefore it's a non-issue for me :)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2
    Currently Playing: EQ2, Firefall

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by coretex666

Well, i look at it this way - if me riding an SC-purchased Sabretoothed Squirrel Mount with no stats is going to be "significant to gameplay", then I'm not going to play the type of game anyway.  Therefore it's a non-issue for me :)

I meant the xp boosts (marked red).

The Sabretoothed Squirrel Mount would be no problem for me either :). Cosmetics, mounts, etc dont have impact on gameplay, but the xp boosts are different story.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• LokeroLokero Posts: 374Member Uncommon

Wow, there's so many things that could go wrong. But, I'll just list a couple.

1. They are trying to please everyone.  I worry that means the game will have lots of different pools, but they will be shallow end only.

2. Crafting/housing/shops, etc.  This is pretty much an issue with all MMOs outside of UO/SWG.  MMOs always neglect the tradeskill/merchant side of things.  I think SoE can do housing well enough, but the instanced housing is a sloppy, underwhelming, quick-fix system that needs to be replaced.

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member

1. Their super special new sauce will be one I don't care for. 

2. f2p model, I do not care to pay a sub, but I am not very tolerant of a cash shop that I view as being p2w.  I dislike xp potions, gold/gear/loot boosts...I prefer a cash shop to be cosmetic only, but when you make a mmo f2p, I think that has conflicts.  I will have to wait and see.

3. Over instanced (hope housing is not instanced).

• rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon
    My biggest "worry" about EQN is that they will go the typical western MMO route of trinity, quest hub, gear grinds, and raids as their main form of progression.  However, since it's f2p I can just test it out and if I don't like it I can just admit it isn't for me and NOT troll on a game forum on a game I don't even play or like.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• newbinatornewbinator LA, CAPosts: 780Member
    That the PvP will be instanced. Actually, instancing in general. I hate it.
  • TheJodaTheJoda chicago, ILPosts: 467Member
    cash shops

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 austin, TXPosts: 36Member
    Not what they let us know on Aug 2nd, 2013........but the release date of Aug 2nd......2014 (omg)
  • ReehayReehay ftgdfgd, NVPosts: 172Member
    My one worry, my greatest fear... is that EQNext will be more like EQ2, than EQ1.  EQ2 is an abomination that needs to be erased from MMO history with fire, napalm, laser beams, asteroid impact, Nagafen's breath.. etc
  • UtinniUtinni Richmond, VAPosts: 380Member Uncommon
    To much catering to PvP players. Balancing classes around PvP is the true death. 
  • GholosGholos GenovaPosts: 209Member
    My greatest fear is that EQN will be a GW2 clone, with all that this imply.

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    For me it is whether or not I will have my new PC put together by the time the game is able to be played. Other than that I will just wait and see what comes about after the reveal. Why worry now when we don't have any facts?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    That it won't be an exact copy of EQ1 with updated graphics.
  • ClassicEQClassicEQ alta loma, CAPosts: 145Member
    I have about three main concerns. If I had to pick one, it would be the cash shop. They are always slightly pay to win, immersion breaking, and anything sold in a cash could (should) have been crafted by a player.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,469Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

For me it is the SC Shop. Just looking at Vanguard and EQ2 with the SC Shop being ridiculous in both of them. I worry that EQN is going to have the " in your face " SC Shop that offers to many shortcuts.

In Vanguard the SC Shop offers gear and even killed off crafting because of some items that only crafters could make that you would need you can now buy in the shop.

Been awhile since I played EQ2 and honestly I have bought cosmetic items on the SC Shop. But the shop had sooo many things listed that it was ridiculous.

I would be ok if EQN had cosmetic items or keys to unlock chests and the like but not anything that would hurt crafting and especially gear.

This is a good point, I worry more that the 'forum whiners' will make this an all access easy mode game, which is exactly what the genre does not need at this point...or ever again imo.  I feel like it may be a bit early to start worrying about my issue, as we have not even seen an alpha demo yet.  Only time will tell.

That would be bad.

• DocBrodyDocBrody EldridgePosts: 1,820Member
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

This is a good point, I worry more that the 'forum whiners' will make this an all access easy mode game, which is exactly what the genre does not need at this point...or ever again imo.  I feel like it may be a bit early to start worrying about my issue, as we have not even seen an alpha demo yet.  Only time will tell.

That would be bad.

it will happen, it always happns, they always win, ruin a game then move on to the next title which needs urgent carebearification.

Let's hope there will be a couple of months vanilla EQN to play until they slowly adapt it to please the loudest complainers, PvP haters, "the game is too hard" folks and anyone else who never spends a dime in the cash shop

• bhugbhug earth, FLPosts: 1,033Member

us$20 instead of us$10 per month subscription.

• BerrianBerrian Newport News, VAPosts: 5Member
    ........Posts like this will keep popping up......................

..........Oh, you thought you banned me...............

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob lexington, KYPosts: 871Member
    That dungeons will be the more modern style where you go in with a group, clear from start to finish, then leave.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

My top worry (one of many) is that this will be another "month and done" MMO that is so focused on combat that the rest of it suffers. That the game will "start" at end game.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,836Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Shadowguy64

you don't really expect that, do you?

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,469Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Shadowguy64

you don't really expect that, do you?

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was...