Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game's dying.

NeutronicsNeutronics Member Posts: 5

After 3 months from its launch, I join countless others to say, "Enough is Enough".  Uncontrolled, rampant botting, utter lack of in-game support has made it unplayable me.

Naturally, there are hardcore players out there that can turn a blind eye to this; Ive NEVER support goldbuying from farmers.  And competing on an un-level playing field with mindless 24/7 bots just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, ghost towns are starting to appear.  Kidnap bots are snapping whoever dats left.  And I dont see this game growing at all; new players would never want to be in a game where they skill with time; there is NO WAY someone can ever catch up to another who just play a week earlier, short of skilling with gold.  I guess the only exception to this is Eve Online.

Good luck to the rest.  Hope you enjoy the game to its inevitable end.

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Problem is the OP has only two posts... that leads people to believe something's fishy with the poster.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I played Wushu in beta and I thought the game was pretty fun but it was built in such as way that it did not have high production quality and there was little things that made it not fun.  In much the same way Fallen Earth was IMO.  Both good games that would of been tremendous under a Triple-A studio.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Neutronics

After 3 months from its launch, I join countless others to say, "Enough is Enough".  Uncontrolled, rampant botting, utter lack of in-game support has made it unplayable me.

Naturally, there are hardcore players out there that can turn a blind eye to this; Ive NEVER support goldbuying from farmers.  And competing on an un-level playing field with mindless 24/7 bots just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, ghost towns are starting to appear.  Kidnap bots are snapping whoever dats left.  And I dont see this game growing at all; new players would never want to be in a game where they skill with time; there is NO WAY someone can ever catch up to another who just play a week earlier, short of skilling with gold.  I guess the only exception to this is Eve Online.

Good luck to the rest.  Hope you enjoy the game to its inevitable end.

Did not see this thread prior to posting in another thread, but this is the reason that I quit with almost 50 days left on a VIP account.

Your 2 count post means nothing to me, due to the fact that I can verify what you have posted to be true by similar experience.

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Problem is the OP has only two posts... that leads people to believe something's fishy with the poster.

Games bad,  OPs complaints are legit.  I don't have a ton of posts but feel free to comment that I made this account 9 years ago just to post this.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Tried it, tried to like it. Gave it 3 hours. Good concept but not what I'm looking for even though wushu ma is cool and everything.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by retiredmj

Games bad,  OPs complaints are legit.  I don't have a ton of posts but feel free to comment that I made this account 9 years ago just to post this.

And on 4/20 nonetheless so you must be a stoner too! Hooray for forum logic.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by retiredmj

Nice! Happy anniversary :)

Edit. I thought today was 4/20, but it's actually 7/20.

I am not stoned  just old :)

• Reza82Reza82 Member UncommonPosts: 40

I also tried it, and tried to like it for a month and some..  At first it was nice and fresh, but as time went on, I found myself logging on less and less.  The parts that make it immersive are quickly wiped away by other features - seeing a bunch of people b-lining on auto walk...  But it is more than that though, I don`t hate it or feel the need to bash it, I just wasn`t having fun.  Kept me busy for that short time though.

edit: Yes the bots.  Nothing more exciting then waiting around assembling a team-practice only to have fail-bots in the group.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    OP is not wrong here. Played the game about two months, and it is just too buggy, bots are rampant and the Viets are too damn rude.
  • Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I have played this game as well and I don't have the number of post that you have because I don't troll all day long on this website but this game is going down the drain.  There is nothing keeping this game a float with all of the bots and the non existent support from the GM's so I myself with basically all of the people that were in the guild I was in have quit and that was about a good 120 members plus people from our alliance so the game is dying and it just keeps dying.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Oh please guys, who would mind the bots when they just added something so cool that everyone will want to play  the game?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390461/Nonconsensually-PvP-HA-NONCONSENSUAL-CASTRATION.html

Harbinger of Fools
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DMKano

OP is correct in one thing - AoW is struggling hard as far as popularity in the west, its been the case since the launch.

IMO the big issue is that its not a high fantasy setting, that is what is absolutely killing Wushu outside of Asia.

The game is fine it has very interesting elements - the biggest hurdle is wuxia lore and setting, I know I couldn't care less for it.

The second big issue is SnailUSA - they simply don't have the financial support from SnailChina to run the game properly.

I doubt that SnailGames is overly concerned about the games success in the West, as long as they can make it work in Asia. They'll probably shut it down here if it becomes unprofitable to run it with minimal effort. 

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Play on Age of Wulin, the game is just getting out of beta. Bug free, good translation etc.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Play on Age of Wulin, the game is just getting out of beta. Bug free, good translation etc.

How about Age of Whogivesacrap

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Watched Red Cliff 1 and 2 the other day and broke down and decided to try this game out finally... I had heard some horror stories about it and being busy with other games I gave it a pass initially.

I'll say it definitely has some things going for it. The setting, and the complexity of the various systems is nice. The problem of course is they don't do a particularly great job explaining anything, which is compounded by the fact that there is some pretty atrocious localization going on. That being said, I was into it enough to sink a solid 36 hours or so into it in the first several days. I just wish that it had better localization, more action-based combat and better bot and gold seller policing. People will decide in the first hour or two or less whether or not they are going to stick with an MMOG, and if it wasn't for my tenacity this game would have lost me before the first hour was up. They really need to take better care of this game or they might as well close it up. Oh and the free-to-play features are way too restrictive for an MMOG in the Western market. The daily caps and crap like that need to go. There are way better ways to make money for the game. So much potential squandered IMO.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by DMKano

OP is correct in one thing - AoW is struggling hard as far as popularity in the west, its been the case since the launch.

IMO the big issue is that its not a high fantasy setting, that is what is absolutely killing Wushu outside of Asia.

The game is fine it has very interesting elements - the biggest hurdle is wuxia lore and setting, I know I couldn't care less for it.

The second big issue is SnailUSA - they simply don't have the financial support from SnailChina to run the game properly.

I doubt that SnailGames is overly concerned about the games success in the West, as long as they can make it work in Asia. They'll probably shut it down here if it becomes unprofitable to run it with minimal effort. 

That's what I feel when I first play the game 8 months ago, they care very little about the West version and it feels like a fast cash grab. The amount of effort they put into this version is minimal at best and many people saw that, that's why server population is so low right now.

Furthermore, SnailUSA said it themselves that they have most staffs working on another games which they try to release soon, so whatever support they have before, they barely have enough people to even work on this game now.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

That's a first if true, I assumed it would be like most EU server versions of asian mmos, and played US, but how long till the problems with Wushu come over here?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by zevni78

That's a first if true, I assumed it would be like most EU server versions of asian mmos, and played US, but how long till the problems with Wushu come over here?

lmao they are on their way. SnailUsa just shut down a major bot ring within the last two days. This is coming from one of the RICH (but no power, we dumped them from our allies) chinese guilds said they "shut down the factory. The factory is heading to Wulin"  I have nothing to back this up, only that these guys have no reason to lie. They said that certain are going to skyrocket (good for farmers, bad for them?), so they are leaving aswell. 

It's taken snailusa 3 months to get the "new game bots" somewhat under control. You remember the GW2 bot infestation? How long did that go on? Wushu had (has kinda) the same type of things going on. It hasn't been nearly as damaging to the economy though, kinda like how WoW has absorbed them. 

SnailUsa is far from perfect, but they are 3 months into finding solutions. Hopefully gpatato will be able to get some of the anti moduals without having to creats them.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

lmao they are on their way. SnailUsa just shut down a major bot ring within the last two days. This is coming from one of the RICH (but no power, we dumped them from our allies) chinese guilds said they "shut down the factory. The factory is heading to Wulin"  I have nothing to back this up, only that these guys have no reason to lie. They said that certain are going to skyrocket (good for farmers, bad for them?), so they are leaving aswell. 

It's taken snailusa 3 months to get the "new game bots" somewhat under control. You remember the GW2 bot infestation? How long did that go on? Wushu had (has kinda) the same type of things going on. It hasn't been nearly as damaging to the economy though, kinda like how WoW has absorbed them. 

SnailUsa is far from perfect, but they are 3 months into finding solutions. Hopefully gpatato will be able to get some of the anti moduals without having to creats them.

Huh? 3 months? More like 8 months, 3 is for official OBT, but the bot infestation has been happening for far long than that and SnailUSA has barely doing anything for months.

As for your statement that SnailUSA is doing all this? That is just wishful thinking. Bots are everywhere even in CN servers, they just get here to make money and when the population decline so much, they want a greener place and thus Age of Wulin is that place.

To say SnailUSA is doing anything to shut down this bots ring is wishful thinking and blatantly false information. Age of Wulin comes out, they move to different server to get fresh supply of new players.

Age of Wushu has major population declines for months, but somehow you don't think SnailUSA has anything to do with that. Bots move to new location all the time, Age of Wulin is that location and Age of Wushu is not profitable to stay anymore, barely have anything with SnailUSA by going with their track records.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by bcbully

took Anet 10 weeks, and by that time they dealt a much much much great blow to botting than Snail has in the same amount of time.

time for history to repeat with bc damage controlling the floppage of his game crush till he gives up and moves on to the next.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

You expect it to be a succes?   I always thought that this game could have been really good until i figured out it would be GPOTATO publishing the european version.  I didnt even play the game cus of that reason alone.

Gpotato never had costumer support. The most shitty cash shops, updates are always far behind, servers never function properly.

Originally posted by Onigod

You expect it to be a succes?   I always thought that this game could have been really good until i figured out it would be GPOTATO publishing the european version.  I didnt even play the game cus of that reason alone.

Gpotato never had costumer support. The most shitty cash shops, updates are always far behind, servers never function properly.

I play Rapplez from Gpotatoes as far back as 7-10 years ago. I also tried some others Gpotato games and never like the way they operate.

However, like i said 4 months ago, if you think Gpotato or Nexon are really bad, then SnailUSA is even worst. Yes, this is no longer even "too negative" opinions on my part, but given facts based on months of their records.

So, comparing between Gpotato vs SnailUSA in this case, Gpotato is a success and so far seems to be a much better company between the two...

• AlesteAleste Member Posts: 64

Way too much negativity in here.

The game is certainly not casual friendly, whether its the open sandbox design (AKA Skyrim) or some of the long names for skills. But coming from a person who played MMOs for so long, god forbid I ever return to the old theme-park, go from A to B formula that is so common now.

I see way many people mention Bots, is there a single successful MMO without bots ? you can visit any MMO forums and see how many Bot complaints you,l find. Bots never stopped World of Warcraft from being successful and the Bots there are even doing PVP battlegrounds.

Other games may hide bots in instances so they are not apparent but they are always there, as long as there is demand there will always going to be someone to supply.

My advice is that if you are not a casual player, and are looking for an MMO where you can start exploring and playing in the entire game world from day 2, then try Wulin, its always better to judge things yourself.

Improve Aion's Graphics with a simple text file that you can create by yourself:

-Increase in-game Field of View to 175% or more

-Increase view distance for players to 100 meters with camera at max distance

-Lots of other settings

Learn how by reading this guide at Aionsource

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html