Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40+ full articles on what Age of Wushu is, and what it's becoming. Gaming sites are buzzing!

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Thupli
    Originally posted by bcbully

I support original games. When one as fresh as this comes along, I want everyone to know. They may be in the same spot I was in. 

Naw, this game is no different than any themepark, wow, gw2, arr, rift.  Nothing original to it and certainly nothing to grab you, so to speak.

Lies!  You can jump really high.  Can you do that in those other games??

You can aslo have guid wars for territory control, and collect any skill in the game. You can make guild alliances, and build up your guild keeps, and tax the land you own. Hell you should call Wushu Guild Wars.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I support original games. When one as fresh as this comes along, I want everyone to know. They may be in the same spot I was in. 

Naw, this game is no different than any themepark, wow, gw2, arr, rift.  Nothing original to it and certainly nothing to grab you, so to speak.

You can aslo have guid wars for territory control, and collect any skill in the game. You can make guild alliances, and build up your guild keeps, and tax the land you own. Hell you should call Wushu Guild Wars.

I never cared about guild territory wars, though they're an interesting concept.. however I do like the sound of being able to collect every skill in the game.  It makes for a lot of different styles of play I imagine.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Yeah, City of Heroes totally let you jump super high.  And fly.  And run around like the flash.  It was also my favorite MMO of all time.  And its gone.  So, now I feel sad.  You were making funny and now I'm sad.  SUPER sad.  I had a character on that game called Hungry Hungry Hobo and he fought with the the severed femur of his victims.  NO GAME WILL EVER LET ME DO THAT AGAIN!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    it's back!

With a slightly different, less derogatory slant in its presentation.

"Proper reporting" was in the first title.... There's been heavy detailed coverage like the articles above, across the gaming sites for the past year. 

There's not much coverage at all here. I do see how those two words could be taken as a slap against mmorpg. It wasn't ment as a dis, this is my site, but it was meant to draw distinction between the coverage of other sites and what the Wushu community has here.

I counted 48 articles written by MMORPG.com for AoW.  That's 40+ right here on this sight alone.  Not bad for a f2p Asian game.  I take it you want just as much as coverage for AoW as there is for GW2 on this site?

This is me and you talking man. What we've been getting here are two paragraph press releases. What I linked are in depth detail columns, that I even learn from. Go ahead and compare, I'm sure you have already ;p

Hmmm let's talk about your third sentence. Would you agree there are many more complex systems in AoW? Would you also agree that there are more players playing Wushu worldwide? I think a good argument can be made for equal coverage. At the same time, this is more of a GW2 kinda site, and I understand mmorpg appealing to it's members. Geez though, Wushu has a lot to talk about. 

I know where you coming from, but I don't think it's as much as a conspiracy as you think image.   A lot of those articles you linked are also only 1-2 paragraph press releases as well.   I'm not so much into trying to prove myself right by clicking on each and every clip that each of us linked, however granted there are some short news clips here at MMORPG.com about AoW with links back to the official site, but there are also full blown articles.  As much as Massively's?  Probably not, however I wonder how many GW2 articles/press releases they have? 

Yes AoW has more systems than GW2 and for now is probably played by more just because of China, however this is an English language site and are going to tend to cover what is more in demand and I'm sure the Chinese MMO site equivalents probably give AoW it's fair share of coverage.  I'm also sure you realize that GW2 is a bigger game in NA than the 4 NA servers of AoW.   Also, keep in mind that GW2 will soon hit China too, so we will see how many players they scoop up with that.  It's not like NCsoft is a stranger and doesn't know how to do business in Asia as opposed to Snail being all thumbs here in the west.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Gishgeron

Yeah, City of Heroes totally let you jump super high.  And fly.  And run around like the flash.  It was also my favorite MMO of all time.  And its gone.  So, now I feel sad.  You were making funny and now I'm sad.  SUPER sad.  I had a character on that game called Hungry Hungry Hobo and he fought with the the severed femur of his victims.  NO GAME WILL EVER LET ME DO THAT AGAIN!

Oh God, I'm sorry!  :(  *hug*

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287
    Originally posted by Gishgeron

Oh God, I'm sorry!  :(  *hug*

Consider yourself forgiven.  You cannot be held accountable for the actions made, in haste, by a board of directors seeking the ever growing profit margin. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I'm jealous. I mean that. I am.

AoW isn't for me. But I have nothing bad to say about it. At the same time, BC has been able to maintain his enthusiasm over AoW for months. It's great that he has his game.

I can only hope I'll get what I am looking for. At this point. I think my last hope for this genre rests in FF14. I am done with B2P/F2P/Freemium models. If I turn into a raging fanboi, I'll be ok with that since it means, Iv'e gotten mine to. But I'm also realistic. In this genre, they just don't make em like they used to.

Anyway, GG BC, I'm glad you have your game. I hope it continues to deliver for you for many months to come.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Lol, what utter nonsense, name me another mmo that has an offline features like Age Of Wushu? Come on tuff guy let's put your pathetic claim to the test. Anyway, for those that care, do not download this American version of the game , it's a translation mess. You should download Age of Wulin which is the European version of the game. It kicks the American version all over the place for English translations and has just entered open beta two days ago.

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Lol, what utter nonsense, name me another mmo that has an offline features like Age Of Wushu? Come on tuff guy let's put your pathetic claim to the test. Anyway, for those that care, do not download this American version of the game , it's a translation mess. You should download Age of Wulin which is the European version of the game. It kicks the American version all over the place for English translations and has just entered open beta two days ago.

Yeah dl Wulin it does need more players :p jk/jk if you are looking for a pvp/crafting focused mmorpg you can't go wrong with either one. Just don't expect Blizzard like customer service. 

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Anarchy Online 13 years and counting. CoX (  gone ) and DCU being a couple others. Next?

Seasons that effect farming crops, day/night/weather cycles that effect skills. A faction (whole set of skills and rules) you can't get into if you character is ugly, when a boss summons adds real players pop out and try to wipe you. Voluntary castration and forced (by other players, hold you down this is permanent type) castration

your turn!

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm jealous. I mean that. I am.

AoW isn't for me. But I have nothing bad to say about it. At the same time, BC has been able to maintain his enthusiasm over AoW for months. It's great that he has his game.

I can only hope I'll get what I am looking for. At this point. I think my last hope for this genre rests in FF14. I am done with B2P/F2P/Freemium models. If I turn into a raging fanboi, I'll be ok with that since it means, Iv'e gotten mine to. But I'm also realistic. In this genre, they just don't make em like they used to.

Anyway, GG BC, I'm glad you have your game. I hope it continues to deliver for you for many months to come.

I'm with you there, I wanted to like Age of Wushu and stick with it, and for a while I thought I might!  I frankly loved almost everything about the gameplay.  The game is almost nothing like anything else on the market and it has this wonderful depth to it that is just sorely lacking from so many MMOs these days.

It may not be for everyone, but with so many crappy remakes of every other game we've played before in the MMO market i'm not going to spend my time bashing one of the few original, worthwhile gems to hit the market this decade.

I only wish it was being run by a better company with either the resources or capability to give the game the attention it deserves.

Anyways, thanks BC and others for keeping us up to date on the game!

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Tried the game for about 1 month. Bought the $20.00 starter pack which gave me 60 days VIP.

Quit and uninstalled.

I could not mine/harvest. Too many bots to compete with.

Kill the bots you get penalized and they res and come right back.

Don't want to pay to play a game when the company that is taking my money makes no effort to police their own game

That's my only complaint. I found the game somewhat interesting.

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Anarchy Online 13 years and counting. CoX (  gone ) and DCU being a couple others. Next?

Seasons that effect farming crops, day/night/weather cycles that effect skills. A faction (whole set of skills and rules) you can't get into if you character is ugly, when a boss summons adds real players pop out and try to wipe you. Voluntary castration and forced (by other players, hold you down this is permanent type) castration

your turn!

Except those are not in the US version yet, heck by going with the update, it took us 8 months of almost getting to official release in CN server (which expansion of Mount Hua).

So going from the release days, those features you said would be in game would take around 1 more years or more. We are not even sure the game will last that long until then.

If you want to talk about features, how about character trading system where you can buy the highest levels character on first day if you spend enough money on gold.

Or how about auction bidding on items and weapon skin where you can only use gold for them, yes that also include Ancient Taiji Fist Rage which currently the most OP skills and most expensive skill. It also lead to people who spent 16000 dollars to buy Dragon Sabre in CN server or couple thousands of dollars for less famous weapons.

Your turn.

Edit: What you said about skills and day/night cycle and Moon Phase, I am sure FF11 and FF14 has something similar. However, the problem is those features are not in AoW right now and will be more than a year since they just release in CN server and US version is not more than 1 year behind CN server in term of updates.

August 8th for the US version.  two and a half weeks.
    August 8th for the US version.  two and a half weeks.

And that is only official launch in China, but expansion on US. The long awaited TP protection took 8 months to finally get here.

However, most features you said earlier just come out in CN recently and that is after 4 internals skill, so expect at least a year to get them by going to update schedule in CN.

• uggeh12uggeh12 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I'm starting to think that SnailGames is holding bcbully's family at gunpoint and told him that if he ever wants to see them again he has to single handedly sell the game to North American gamers.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

40-50 full Articles over the last 5 months, on what Age of Wushu is, and what it is becoming!

Another amazing, fantastic, incredible. award-winning, genre-changing omg fanboy glee viral-marketed game that I still have absolutely not a gram of interest in? :checking: Yes, that is correct.

Originally posted by uggeh12
    I'm starting to think that SnailGames is holding bcbully's family at gunpoint and told him that if he ever wants to see them again he has to single handedly sell the game to North American gamers.

The evidence might be accumulating. But he's drooling all over EQN, too. So....headscratch.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    There has not been a major game released in some time, and there is really not much else to talk about. Basically, if there are a lot of articles coming out, it just means there is not much else to write about, so AoW is getting some attention by default, not because it is good. Personally, I played AoW for several weeks and found it lacking in many areas before I uninstalled. Plus, yeah, it is overrun with bots and gold spammers.
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    i wish it wasn't against the rules to bump the similar topics he made about TSW. 
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    There has not been a major game released in some time, and there is really not much else to talk about. Basically, if there are a lot of articles coming out, it just means there is not much else to write about, so AoW is getting some attention by default, not because it is good. Personally, I played AoW for several weeks and found it lacking in many areas before I uninstalled. Plus, yeah, it is overrun with bots and gold spammers.

40-50 ariticles he said, I know about them since I have been keeping track of them for months. They are not full articles, some of them are just couple updates from the main site and the gaming sites just copy/paste them.

Additionally, 20+ of those articles are just ingame features that has been mentioned before the game even entered CBT2 stage. They have a general article of them before, then they did individual indept one by one to artificially bump up the news cycle.

Some features has been in game for months, nothing news, just recycle news and they have been doing that for months to generate top news.

The rest of the news are just new feature from CN server that will likely take more than 1 year for it to come to the US. Like Character Trading that few here even want to mention it.

I wonder what Wushu did to that one guy. He seems really angry image I hope he will be okay.

Anyways some games add dungeons, quest and battle grounds. Wushu adds that too. Unlike those other games Wushu adds even more systems. Systems driven by players.

read up! 

Some people get so upset for silly reasons. 

The game has a lot of stuff system on top of player driven system. It's all in the link in OP. I wish it was made by a Western dev too, but it wasn't. There is no excuse for companies like blizzard making hundreds of billions a year and can't come up with something better than pet battles.

gogo Wushu!

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

I played beta up until some d-bag used the divination bug & sapped a chunk of my funds. It was the last straw for me.

Items & mounts expire to quickly for my taste & the number of loot ninjas was astounding. It almost had me. Maybe it's better now?

Oh well. Good ruck to those still praying.

I wonder what Wushu did to that one guy. He seems really angry image I hope he will be okay.

Anyways some games add dungeons, quest and battle grounds. Wushu adds that too. Unlike those other games Wushu adds even more systems. Systems driven by players.

read up! 

Actually, you are the one that need to read up. Like I said, half of the articles mentioned are just recycle news, and not all of them are even full articles.

Lots of them are just copy/paste from news on official site, if every games did this, they would have hundreds of artificially news to bump for top news for every little details in their games.

As for instances, besides the assasins as players, the rest are just mind numbling boring and PvE is the weakest part of this game.

Battle Ground sucks, besides joining the first couple day, I never spend any time there due to crappy queue up and most of the time it doesn't wait for 2 sides to have equal numbers so you most often end up with 1-2 vs 4-5.

What's more system you speak of? Notice most of the features you mentioned are not even in the US version, just like character trading feature which you seem to neglect to mention which a really big deal for most players.

• NeutronicsNeutronics Member Posts: 5

Face it, fanbois, this game is already in a unrecoverable spin of death.  Reasons as follow:

It will never be able to attract new players in.  Why?  Cos no matter how smart or how good a new player is, there is NO WAY he can compete with some idiot who happen to join a week earlier, in term of cultivation/skill pts.  Short of using gold to add to the martial arts practice, there is just no way.

Many of my friends, both in-game and in RL, left cos of the ever-evolving, and ever-enveloping rampant botting.  Kidnap bots were the last straw for me, personally.  If Snail bothers to act on this expediently, we'd probably still be around.  Nah, they chose to drag their feet, so fruck it, there are other games out there more deserving of my dollar.

So wats left for the deluded hardcores left?  Scripts stealing?  Sad to say, the only scripts worth using are not the active skills of the other sects, but rather just those handful of buffs and passives.

Dead towns abound.  Dont be fooled by CD's apparent lack of stall spots; most are reserved by automated bots.

Crappy contents.  When I first played AoW, I was amazed by the scenery and the sandbox feel to it.  Delve into it further, I realised the vast majority of the NPCs and whatnots are just passive objects.  Gets boring after a while, u know?  Cant do shite to them than to kill or ignore.

Expansion just seems like a desperate, death-throes money grab to me.

My 2 cents.