Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Hanging Out at 60 Episode 1 "Are you not entertained?"

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Are You Not Entertained?

Ok this is the first time, I did something like this for Rift. Normally for games I do a sit down and just talk to the community. It's meant to be informative fun and just being real. With things how I see them. None of what I say is law or set in stone. Just my opinion as a long time gamer of 15 years.. Yea it's been that long sigh...Things I covered in this sit down.

Engine Performance, Conquest System, Free2play, Casual vrs Hardcore, Cleric Souls, Player Made PVP Content, Cash Shop Done Excellent.

Sit down enjoy have fun and I'll see you next vid.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The graphics settings are horrible...

Either get a better system or stop promoting this game in videos,  you make a gorgeous game look awfull

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Hey Scion..I enjoyed the video..keep them up ill be waiting for episode 2.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Lord Bachus stop being a drama queen. You're like the only person period who complained. Also you have no standing status to suggest anything. So tuck that ego back into your pocket and have a seat.

And sure thing Arden glad you like it. I'm doing them once a week.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I had been grumping at my failing vid card. I kinda wanted to give Rift another go.

But....for the first 4 minutes all I hear is.."Game optimization is crap, COnquest is crap....." Am I to assume Rift is Crap?

If you want to sell a game, don't spend the start of your vid bashing it. I stop watching after you spent a quarter of your time on wrongs....

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I had been grumping at my failing vid card. I kinda wanted to give Rift another go.

But....for the first 4 minutes all I hear is.."Game optimization is crap, COnquest is crap....." Am I to assume Rift is Crap?

If you want to sell a game, don't spend the start of your vid bashing it. I stop watching after you spent a quarter of your time on wrongs....

It's not exactly crap. I have no problem with the game optimization, there are good things about the game like it's raids and some of the zone bosses. But.. it lacks zest. Conquest is crap though.

I'm not going to sell you a game by lying to you about it. You can check the Rift Forums about how bad the optimization is right now. Also the video isn't about selling anyone on the game. It's about kicking back and talking about the pro's and con's. I'm not a fan boy I show both sides of the fence. You don't gain respect in the gaming industry by lying about a game. If it has flaws it's better to be real.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Good video as always. You know i love your mumbling! ;)

Too bad i can't find a way to get into the game and really get hooked, as it SEEMS to make alot of things right.

Since you are very involved into all things Rift, maybe you are interested in checking into this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389341/Why-Do-I-Find-Rift-Bland.html and get a drift as to why some people really want(ed) to love Rift, but couldn't. Perhaps that's even a topic for another video to make :)

I mean each person has their own reasons for gaming. I can say for sure though Rift at the end is rather grindy. They need to do something about that.
  • PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Are You Not Entertained?

Ok this is the first time, I did something like this for Rift. Normally for games I do a sit down and just talk to the community. It's meant to be informative fun and just being real. With things how I see them. None of what I say is law or set in stone. Just my opinion as a long time gamer of 15 years.. Yea it's been that long sigh...Things I covered in this sit down.

Engine Performance, Conquest System, Free2play, Casual vrs Hardcore, Cleric Souls, Player Made PVP Content, Cash Shop Done Excellent.

Sit down enjoy have fun and I'll see you next vid.

You are my kind of gamer. Enjoyed your video (and did the events and quests you did)

Wish we had more like you, expressing their enjoyed rather then bashing for the sake of bashing(unfortunately often voicing valid concerns)

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152
    Great video! Thanks a lot for sharing!
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

I'm not going to sell you a game by lying to you about it. You can check the Rift Forums about how bad the optimization is right now. Also the video isn't about selling anyone on the game. It's about kicking back and talking about the pro's and con's. I'm not a fan boy I show both sides of the fence. You don't gain respect in the gaming industry by lying about a game. If it has flaws it's better to be real.

I am going to check out the forums on this issue.  I just started playing again after a long hiatus.  Just upgraded my video card to a GTX 670, 4GB and bought a 2250 x 1440 ASUS 27 inch monitor to boot and RIFT is absolutely gorgeous with everything turned up.