Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I don't usually craft, but when I do, it's in Darkfall.

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

This is a link with all of the crafting options for the crafter folks. Its an impressive spread imho. FYI I rarely craft in MMOs, but in DF I find it more fun and worth while, so I craft, and enjoy doing it. If it can make a non crafter like crafting, then maybe some of you crafter folk would REALLY enjoy it ;) As stated elsewhere it is possible to NEVER PVP and NEVER LEAVE A SAFE ZONE, and liv a long happy fulfilled crafting life.
http://www.darkfallunholywars.info/crafting/#

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member

Not again this undeserved praise for DF' crafting.

The fact that you dont usually craft in  in other games just proofs that DF's crafting is not designed to attract real crafter.

You doing it to grind PP in safe zones to build up your combat toon or to support your combat with gear.

Everyone in DF crafts all the crapy DF stuff...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• BiskopBiskop AvalonPosts: 709Member
    These frequent posts about DFUW being some kind of crafter's paradise are puzzling. The original game had very lackluster crafting and since everyone could craft everything, there was no need for dedicated crafters. Thus, crafting was merely another grind that you had to do, on top of the skill grind and the stat grind.

Now people portray the new game as a crafting nirvana all of a sudden. What has changed?
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    Originally posted by Biskop
    These frequent posts about DFUW being some kind of crafter's paradise are puzzling. The original game had very lackluster crafting and since everyone could craft everything, there was no need for dedicated crafters. Thus, crafting was merely another grind that you had to do, on top of the skill grind and the stat grind.

Now people portray the new game as a crafting nirvana all of a sudden. What has changed?

Well crafting has become more shallow in DF:UW .

The parts with the most complexity (if you can call them complex) has been removed from game (Enchanting, Bloodcrafting).

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

It is the fact that you actually need, and find use for crafted items, from the very start, that most like about the crafting in DF:UW.

Need a mount, gear, weapon, food? All crafted, very little of use at a vendor, except for gathering tools.

For many crafting in other games is all grind, salvage, sell to vendor, level crafting to max, to craft 1 or 2 items that  are worth a damn, then get a drop that makes them junk. DF:UW is not like that, the crafted items have worth.

Now don't get me wrong DF:UW has a rather shallow, grind filled craft design.

But those items, actually are worth wearing/using instead of JUST junk.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Not again this undeserved praise for DF' crafting. The fact that you dont usually craft in  in other games just proofs that DF's crafting is not designed to attract real crafter.You doing it to grind PP in safe zones to build up your combat toon or to support your combat with gear.Everyone in DF crafts all the crapy DF stuff...

You dont know me! I was a tailor in, SWG! SWG is well known for being the best of the best when it comes to crafting and harvesting in MMOs, why hadn't I done it since? None of them interested me. I love being able to gather such a wide variety of stuff, then make things out of it that I really need. That is what makes crafting in a game like DF and SWG special.

• DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    Not again this undeserved praise for DF' crafting.

The fact that you dont usually craft in  in other games just proofs that DF's crafting is not designed to attract real crafter.

You doing it to grind PP in safe zones to build up your combat toon or to support your combat with gear.

Everyone in DF crafts all the crapy DF stuff...

You dont know me! I was a tailor in, SWG! SWG is well known for being the best of the best when it comes to crafting and harvesting in MMOs, why hadn't I done it since? None of them interested me. I love being able to gather such a wide variety of stuff, then make things out of it that I really need. That is what makes crafting in a game like DF and SWG special.

Mortal Online has deeper crafting than this... if you're in for pure crafting then that's the game (considering what others said about the community I can safely assume you're not doing it for any other reason than just doing it).

Originally posted by Four0Six
    It is the fact that you actually need, and find use for crafted items, from the very start, that most like about the crafting in DF:UW.

Need a mount, gear, weapon, food? All crafted, very little of use at a vendor, except for gathering tools.

For many crafting in other games is all grind, salvage, sell to vendor, level crafting to max, to craft 1 or 2 items that  are worth a damn, then get a drop that makes them junk. DF:UW is not like that, the crafted items have worth.

Well said. Like I said above, crafting for me is about making goods out of materials that I can use. In WOW I would just grind up a proff to make 1 thing and never use that proff again. It was just a money sink. GW2 seems pointless as well. SWTOR-dont get me started. Its nice to NEED to use the things I make again, which is funny because you would think using the things you made was the point of crafting in MMOs...silly themeparks and their strange idea of what crafting is for. I enjoy the feeling that after a couple hours of killing stuff I can take all the things I got and get use out of them through crafting. It makes just playing the game seem more meaningful to me. Grind, sell to vendor repeat as I did in theme parks just never felt the same.

Mortal has a bit too much wrong with it for me. I've followed it forever, I just feel it needs some more time in the oven before I can commit.

• DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member

Originally posted by Four0Six

Well said. Like I said above, crafting for me is about making goods out of materials that I can use. In WOW I would just grind up a proff to make 1 thing and never use that proff again. It was just a money sink. GW2 seems pointless as well. SWTOR-dont get me started. Its nice to NEED to use the things I make again, which is funny because you would think using the things you made was the point of crafting in MMOs...silly themeparks and their strange idea of what crafting is for. I enjoy the feeling that after a couple hours of killing stuff I can take all the things I got and get use out of them through crafting. It makes just playing the game seem more meaningful to me. Grind, sell to vendor repeat as I did in theme parks just never felt the same.

Mortal has a bit too much wrong with it for me. I've followed it forever, I just feel it needs some more time in the oven before I can commit.

"In Mortal Online, there are 142,662,744 different possible weapon combinations." - that's just the weapons (there are 3 different classes of armour, light, laminated and plate/heavy) and there are other crafting skills (cooking, critical due to the hunger system,  alchemy for potions, etc). Also besides books and starter items every item in the game is crafted as well :P.

• MardukkMardukk Posts: 1,556Member Uncommon

I like the crafting because it is useful.  I will not be running to a an NPC vendor and buying this stuff.  Also often times getting the mats is highly dangerous.  I'm loving this game, it feels like the true successor to the old school MMO's.  You definitely need the help of others from time to time, clans are important again.  I sometimes question a few things about the game (why is this full loot rather than inventory looking, why so few PvE spawn points) but overall it really feels like a virtual world (at least more than anything else out there).  I really enjoy making my own goals in a large world setting and this is the best game out there for this.

Hell, I don't even like PvP and I'm enjoying my time with the game.  I can't believe this game isn't bigger than it is.  It's hard to believe that full loot has scared this many people off, but I think it has.  This game would be twice or three times as big if it was inventory looting, but I'm sure there are reasons why they went full loot with it.  

Edit:  I recommend the game to old school MMO'ers that like a little grind and like to make their own goals.

• NiburuNiburu BerlinPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Biskop

What changed from DF:

-No more Mobdroped items besides potions and Modules for Ship Building/City Building, everything is crafted. Mobs drop now broken items that you have to salvage

-masteries are very expensive so not everyone spends the 10k for them

-each crafting is connected to several other crafting professions and if you need higher ranked materials you need many masteries which means many points, even refining has now a mastery.

Example Armor Smith: To create any meele weapon that usses those rare essences you need 1xWS Mastery 1xSmelting Mastery 1xWoodcutting Mastery 1xLeatherworking Mastery

So thats 40k prowess points to make meele weapons yourself, This is also the amount you need to get your first role PvP ready.

"-each crafting is connected to several other crafting professions and if you need higher ranked materials you need many masteries which means many points, even refining has now a mastery."

exactly

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Austin, TXPosts: 360Member

"-each crafting is connected to several other crafting professions and if you need higher ranked materials you need many masteries which means many points, even refining has now a mastery."

exactly

Auction House has been a blessing. You can buy the missing mats if needed.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"