Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Taun Tauns Headed to SWTOR

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Our friends over at Dulfy.net are reporting that Taun Taun mount images are circulating around San Diego Comic Con right now. Attendees of the event's little SWTOR setup are receiving a flash-drive with images showing players riding the iconic mounts.

The Flash-drive also had a bunch of other assets pertaining to upcoming 2.3 and 2.4 content for SWTOR, including views of the new flashpoint and of the PVP arena set on Tatooine.

Thanks to Dulfy.Net for sharing!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Wow look ..another Cartel Item...why I unsubbed to begin with, love how that Market is getting way more attention than the freaking game itself.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by orionblack

Wow look ..another Cartel Item...why I unsubbed to begin with, love how that Market is getting way more attention than the freaking game itself.

Indeed Taun Taun's are back but players won't be coming back to ride them.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

A mount?

I thought mounts were for games with actual worlds?

Just look at the background of the screenshot. They include an endless bliss of water to spark the imagination of, "what can I find out there?" Too bad screenshots don't pick up invisible walls...  then people will understand how small and linear this game really is.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

LOLZ Dauzqul, but the screenshot is accurate of gameplay. - empty.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Wonder how much they will charge for this.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Every single item in cartel packs are avilable on the GTN. So nope you don't need to spend any real life cash to get it. I would understand your complaints about these fluff items if real cash was the only way to get it.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Hey Bill you made my day , maybe even month :) I want one now thank you very much. Rank 3 taun taun mount , it might even stop my friend from joking about taun taun hot pot every time i get my pet one out.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• warbot7777warbot7777 Member Posts: 110

SWTOR was really fun. I enjoyed it for a while. What killed it for me was the daily quests. That's why I left World of Warcraft. If they found a way to make end game more fun(in any game) instead of just grinding non stop, i'd probably come back.

Welcome to max level.

Time to grind reputation.

Time to grind commendations.

You have left the game!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Well, this just might save the whole game...  /rolls eyes

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I'll only come back if I can slice it open to log out inside it's smelly guts for for a exp bonus. And when log back in it will be as good as new! Just to repeat the process. If I can't do that I don't want one nor would I come back.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Tierless

Originally posted by Dauzqul
    A mount?

Just look at the background of the screenshot. They include an endless bliss of water to spark the imagination of, "what can I find out there?" Too bad screenshots don't pick up invisible walls...  then people will understand how small and linear this game really is.

NICE! I didn't notice. They know the game is so bad they put in fake backgrounds to make it seem like a real mmo instead of a rat maze with quests.

Even if you could go in that water, the whole thing is about shin deep all the way across...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

A mount?

NICE! I didn't notice. They know the game is so bad they put in fake backgrounds to make it seem like a real mmo instead of a rat maze with quests.

If you look closely that actually looks like Ord Mantell and you can indeed go to that island through the water to do 2 Heroic  2 quests. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

A mount?

They should fix the Space Combat, that's the only chance to get some extra players

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by ste2000

A mount?

They should fix the Space Combat, that's the only chance to get some extra players

Super space project might fix this.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Sorry, but its Tauntaun. One word.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

QFT.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

I have been unsubbed from SWTOR for awhile, but I still remember the excitement leading up to launch.  By the Force, what happened?

Original SWG had a devoted following.  Then they destroyed their own creation. They tried again with one of the greatest IP in world history.  With SWTOR had the name and reputation of Bioware behind the work.  Now it is in the Cash Shop Masquerading As A Game death spiral.

It is like reverse alchemy - turning gold into lead.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

A mount?

Even if you could go in that water, the whole thing is about shin deep all the way across...

lol, so true, why the heck is there all the water in the game like a kiddie pool. It kills the immersion in a game when they take away things like that. 

Funny how the people who don't visit the SWTOR section on here appear , Anyways people we don't know how we are going to get the mount yet. Geez tell 'em Bill.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    SWTOR was doomed to fail from day 1...It is simply too story driven to have much of a lasting effect for a MMO.......This style might work for Dragon Age (even though what happened in DA2?) but it just fails as a MMO.
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    This makes me miss my CuPa from SWG. I had a lot a battles with that little guy. That pet system was phenomenal.

i know i soooo cant wait for this

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

A mount?

Can't think of a game where I was so happy to finally get a mount. So much running back and forth. This world would benefit from being smaller, given the games design.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

Indeed Taun Taun's are back but players won't be coming back to ride them.

Do not have to. They are ALREADY there. Full of them and in any part of the swtor world. Game is lively more then ever. Despite trolls and haters.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I left this game purely for the poor character models, designs and lack of creativity. If you want to play a theme park game other than this and World of Warcraft then I suggest Rift or Everquest 2
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Why does everyone complain when they add something to this game?  I still go back and play it occasionally.  It still is one of the better MMO's out there even if it is nothing close to what SWG was at one time.  The way to play this game is to not rush to endgame.  Play a couple classes on both sides and enjoy it.