Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40+ full articles on what Age of Wushu is, and what it's becoming. Gaming sites are buzzing!

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/age-of-wushu/

If you are wondering what Wushu is, and what it's about, don't take my word. Read up!

40-50 full Articles over the last 5 months, on what Age of Wushu is, and what it is becoming!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I clicked on your link and all it did was take me to the .jpg picture that you have embedded in the post.

Edit:  You beat me to it and fixed it while I was typing.  Damn these abnormally large keyboard unfriendly fingers!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The mmorpg gaming sites are buzzing with Wushu information. You name the site, there is dedicated coverage of Wushu. Weekly, bi-weekly, all the time.
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I clicked on your link and all it did was take me to the .jpg picture that you have embedded in the post.

Edit:  You beat me to it and fixed it while I was typing.  Damn these abnormally large keyboard unfriendly fingers!

image enjoy!

it's back!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by bcbully
    it's back!

With a slightly different, less derogatory slant in its presentation.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad.
    /uninstall

Originally posted by Foomerang

I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad.
    /uninstall

just curious, what feature? Invert mouse or something?

Originally posted by Kyleran
    it's back!

"Proper reporting" was in the first title.... There's been heavy detailed coverage like the articles above, across the gaming sites for the past year. 

There's not much coverage at all here. I do see how those two words could be taken as a slap against mmorpg. It wasn't ment as a dis, this is my site, but it was meant to draw distinction between the coverage of other sites and what the Wushu community has here.

Originally posted by Foomerang I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad. /uninstall

I could not find a toggle run on/off button. Best I could find was toggle walk/run. ANd I could not assign it to a side mouse button. If I overlooked something, and its actually there and able to hotkey to my side mouse button, please let me know and I will install it again :)

• moribito02moribito02 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Originally posted by Foomerang I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad. /uninstall

I could not find a toggle run on/off button. Best I could find was toggle walk/run. ANd I could not assign it to a side mouse button. If I overlooked something, and its actually there and able to hotkey to my side mouse button, please let me know and I will install it again :)

Auto run exists, it's called move forward or something and it's default is Numlock if that's what you're asking for.

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

bc, as much as I enjoy reading your posts and stories about your adventures in the game, could cut down on marketing spins a tad? It really detracts from taking you and the game seriously at times and creates an illusion that you are simply a paid shill to spout praises for the title.

I was a wondering soul looking for a game. I wasn't alone. There's been a number of people I've met in game that said they knew nothing about the game and dl'd because of the info I posted. 

I support original games. When one as fresh as this comes along, I want everyone to know. They may be in the same spot I was in. 

When something better comes along, I'll be there too. Until then, I'll continue to show Wushu's answer to the issues we've had over the past 8 years i.e. How to make a civil FFA world.

I do understand where you're coming from though ;) 

Originally posted by moribito02
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by bcbully Originally posted by Foomerang I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad. /uninstall
    Auto run exists, it's called move forward or something and it's default is Numlock if that's what you're asking for.

can I bind it to a side mouse button? I found that I was unable to do so with other actions.

Originally posted by moribito02

can I bind it to a side mouse button? I found that I was unable to do so with other actions.

It's called "Keep Ahead" lmao yeah, I know. Yes it can be rebound. I use a logitech with 12 on the side. The only thing I'm aware of that cant't be bound it the middle mouse button.

esc - button setting - operations - Keep Ahead

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by moribito02 Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by bcbully Originally posted by Foomerang I downloaded this game a couple days ago. The very first feature I check to see if I will keep playing, and this game does not have it. Its too bad. /uninstall
    It's called "Keep Ahead" lmao yeah, I know. Yes it can be rebound. I use a logitech with 12 on the side. The only thing I'm aware of that cant't be bound it the middle mouse button.

esc - button setting - operations - Keep Ahead

nice! I will revisit. Thanks!
    Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by angelknight4

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru bc, as much as I enjoy reading your posts and stories about your adventures in the game, could cut down on marketing spins a tad? It really detracts from taking you and the game seriously at times and creates an illusion that you are simply a paid shill to spout praises for the title.

[mod edit]

Your personal issues with him and his behavior aside, what annoyed me of a sorts is the last sentence of the thread title. Gaming sites are buzzing! Two concepts came to mind right away when I saw that, paid shill and astroturfing. And my next desire was simply to report him for that crap. (Seems someone did already :C)

Maybe I'll start acting then... Really though that may have been a lil much. I'll give you that. To be fair, I didn't have that line in the first title :p 

At the same time that line is no type of violation, maybe corny, but no violation; further more it's true and for good reason imo. What I linked are full blow articles on systems the genre has not seen, they work too. They work so well, at times I think they got lucky. 

I mean this is a site for gamers. What's wrong with some pub from us for a change?

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I support original games. When one as fresh as this comes along, I want everyone to know. They may be in the same spot I was in. 

Naw, this game is no different than any themepark, wow, gw2, arr, rift.  Nothing original to it and certainly nothing to grab you, so to speak.

Originally posted by Thupli

Naw, this game is no different than any themepark, wow, gw2, arr, rift.  Nothing original to it and certainly nothing to grab you, so to speak.

The slat on your post isn't that original. I don't think I would trust your judgment on originality. I would probably read the threads in this forum, and click the link in this thread to check it out for myself. 

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308

The slat on your post isn't that original. I don't think I would trust your judgment on originality. I would probably read the threads in this forum, and click the link in this thread to check it out for myself. 

If you are really interested in keeping the gaming community informed about this game then you also need to be warning everyone about SnailUSA and their incompetence.  It's not that they are undermanned or overworked, they are incompetent and have no customer service skills whatsoever.  The game also has no security features.  You will get hacked if you play long enough and SnailUSA will do diddly to help you.  The game is fun and has some original features but it wasn't enough for me to put up with SnailUSA and their lack of concern for the players.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I've got only one thing to say, that keeps me from playing this game...

...the business-model of F2P with P2W-cashshop.

And yes, I've actually tested this game and I don't want to pay for every little thing I need to compete with the other players who do spend lots of money on the game.

Originally posted by ElirionLoth

If you are really interested in keeping the gaming community informed about this game then you also need to be warning everyone about SnailUSA and their incompetence.  It's not that they are undermanned or overworked, they are incompetent and have no customer service skills whatsoever.  The game also has no security features.  You will get hacked if you play long enough and SnailUSA will do diddly to help you.  The game is fun and has some original features but it wasn't enough for me to put up with SnailUSA and their lack of concern for the players.

Oh I've said many times, that I feel me and 7 or 8 of my friends could do just as good a job as the SnailUsa 10 (maybe) man staff lol.

As far as security there is a security program that pops up when you load the game. It's still your responsibility to keep your account secure. I was hacked once in WoW, and once in GW2 when Anet said 10k (I think it was a lot more) people were hacked. Blizzard did a full restore. Anet did not, SnailUsa will not either. We have a 400 man guild. Early in the game we may have had 2 or 3 people who were hacked. 

Fortunately I have only need CS for one thing. I can count on 1 hand how many times I've needed CS in my 8 or 9 years though. They responded, made me send an email, then the next day a GM popped up behind me and handed me the item I needed. It does suck, no CS on the weekends, and that they will not respond if it's not a bug, especially since there is so much crazy stuff in the game. A friendly hey, this is not a bug would be nice.

Oh, and this month when I tried to pay the 9$ ViP, they couldn't accept my payment for 3 days! So yeah, snailusa has it's issues. There is no competition for wht the game offers right now. Here's looking to EQN, or a western dev like Blizzard to clone the game. Until then, I'm stuck. image

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Oh that would have been helpful. I found out exactly what Age of Wushu was the hard way... boring as watching grass grow. Which is probably one of the skills I can learn to help build my meditation.  ooooh watch the grass grow alongside 30 other PC clones of my toon all trying to sell me gold, thrilling.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by Dauntis
    Oh that would have been helpful. I found out exactly what Age of Wushu was the hard way... boring as watching grass grow. Which is probably one of the skills I can learn to help build my meditation.  ooooh watch the grass grow alongside 30 other PC clones of my toon all trying to sell me gold, thrilling.

Duantis - "Soooo yeah, I personally like quests and having a purpose. Sandboxes don't hold my interest. I think the majority of people on this site (which is a minority of actually MMO playing people) wouldn't really enjoy a true sandbox game and would be bitching about a lack of things to do, and no end game etc."

Not surprising you didn't like Wushu ;) I hope you do find what you're looking for.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    it's back!

"Proper reporting" was in the first title.... There's been heavy detailed coverage like the articles above, across the gaming sites for the past year. 

There's not much coverage at all here. I do see how those two words could be taken as a slap against mmorpg. It wasn't ment as a dis, this is my site, but it was meant to draw distinction between the coverage of other sites and what the Wushu community has here.

I counted 48 articles written by MMORPG.com for AoW.  That's 40+ right here on this sight alone.  Not bad for a f2p Asian game.  I take it you want just as much as coverage for AoW as there is for GW2 on this site?

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by rodingo
    it's back!

I counted 48 articles written by MMORPG.com for AoW.  That's 40+ right here on this sight alone.  Not bad for a f2p Asian game.  I take it you want just as much as coverage for AoW as there is for GW2 on this site?

This is me and you talking man. What we've been getting here are two paragraph press releases. What I linked are in depth detail columns, that I even learn from. Go ahead and compare, I'm sure you have already ;p

Hmmm let's talk about your third sentence. Would you agree there are many more complex systems in AoW? Would you also agree that there are more players playing Wushu worldwide? I think a good argument can be made for equal coverage. At the same time, this is more of a GW2 kinda site, and I understand mmorpg appealing to it's members. Geez though, Wushu has a lot to talk about. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Lies!  You can jump really high.  Can you do that in those other games??