Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Top Five Jobs to Add to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Well, they have 13 games to pick and choose from and maybe some newer additions we haven't seen yet.  I for one want to see all FFXI jobs again, like Corsair, Puppetmaster, Beastmaster, Dancer, Dark Knight and so on.  Man I love FF, even though FF12 and 13 sucked!
  • Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

I want to play Kefka or Gilgamesh ... :(

• arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Who doesn't want to be a ninja? I mean it's a freaking ninja!
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    No votes for Mime *sad face* lol

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    ladybug cute and stylish

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Samurai,  hand down.  Best class
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

List needs Red Mage for sure.

They also need to add the Musketeer class. There is already a place for them in Limsa

All die, so die well.

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    Would love to see the engineer or dark knight come into play!
  • dragonsidragonsi Member UncommonPosts: 74

I was Red Mage to begin with, very first class, when FF11 opened up on PS2. I bought it opening day, and first person in line, back in March 2004.  I then went with Summoner as main job after that.

I would like to see Chemist, or Alchemist, Beastmaster, Geomancer, and Puppeteer.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I really want Blue Mage and if they do add it I hope they keep its Persian Immortals theme to their story from FF11, I really liked the design of their AF armor.

And a Job that uses guns would be great too like an Engineer or Gunner.  Gunblades would be too awsome.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Well hearing they don't have a dark knight job kills one idea i was planing on doing. I was planing on leveling a marauder + THM to create a form of SK (EQ class ) which the dark knight would have been closest to.  However if thats not even possible I may change what I do when I start playing outside of beta, no point in leveling both classes if it doesn't even lead to what i want. Oh well.

Hopefully they do create a class similar to it, makes sense to me.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Aussie77Aussie77 Member Posts: 21

I'd love to see Dancer, Beastmaster and a gun based job like Alchemist or Engineer.

I'm sure SE has got a few in planning already but they'd rather have the game shipping =D

• warbot7777warbot7777 Member Posts: 110
    Blue Mage please
  • reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I'm down for Red Mage and Dark Knight
  • hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    Thief---ninja----politician
  • ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179

vorpal bunny-every game needs one

cosplay girl-heck why have any classes just play one.

• SwippSwipp Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Ranger with bows and gun use. Make a true "Bard" class that uses instruments as their primary weapons. I like the harp idea but not attached to a bow. Rangers are scouts and it would not be very tactical at all; playing a harp while aiming for a snipe shot on a target. This is a major bust for ranged non-magical DPS. If you are crying about noise from a gun in a party, use earmuffs and duck; you're too close.
  • umayroseumayrose Member Posts: 3

They probably will add Dark Knight to the game some time in the future, and as for other classes I would like to see

Red Mage, Beastmaster, Blue Mage

• whiteimpwhiteimp Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by victorbjr

Musketeer + X = engineer? 

That said, this is an amusing and altogether worthwhile round up of wishes!

More like Musketeer + X = Red Mage

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928
    Just to let everyone know Musketeer is a class and not a job, the Musketeer guild was/is in Limsa Lominsa. Musketeer will most likely unlock Corsair and Gambler classes. ARC/MSK will most like unlock Ranger. WAR/THM will most like unlock Dark Knight for sure. Geomancer will most likely be THM/ARC combo. Red Made = CON/ARC. I speculate a thief type class will find it's guild's home in Ishgard, and as speculated will unlock THF and NIN. I believe two more classes will be released with the release of Ishgard, which is expected to come out with the first expansion--so it makes sense. I would also expect Blue Mage to be a combo of a caster class, probably THM? and the thief class, probably going to be called Rogue--but who am I to say?  Basically if you can think of a logical combo that would create a final fantasy job in FFXIV it will probably happen.
  • mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Man, I would love Blue Mage, Dancer, Beastmaster, Mimes... At the moment, I think the only main classes are the conjurer and summoner for me.... 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by umayrose
    They probably will add Dark Knight to the game some time in the future, and as for other classes I would like to seeRed Mage, Beastmaster, Blue Mage
    Dark Knight is being considered.

They want each Profession to split into 2 Jobs. Arcanist is the first which can become into Scholar and Summoner. So, Marauder would become into Warrior and Dark Knight.

Musketeer Profession should be added soon.

• stevemcrob23stevemcrob23 Member Posts: 1

I vote for a Blue Mage. its always been my favorite in the ff series. It would be really fun learning enemy skills out in the world and then being able to use them yourself.

A Geomancer would work great for this game. It could be like a conjurer with more offense.

Ninja and Theif i think would fit in too. it would be fun to be able to steal or dual wield and it would get people to stop talking about not having a rogue class.

Lastly, i think a Dark Knight class would fit right in. since there's a paladin and a dragoon it feels like dark knight should be included. there needs to be at least one more tank class too IMO.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    I vote Blue Mage.

I agree with Blue Mage, by far one of the coolest jobs imo. Even with abilities and skills mixed together unlike FFXI this job could easily fit in FFXIV.

In FFXI abilities and skills were separate, except in a few small cases. This makes it hard for support jobs like RDM and BRD to find their spot in the party since other jobs have poison, slow, gravity, and DoT's. We have BRD but it's pretty much a walking refresh, I'm not a BRD so I could be wrong.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236
    Red before Blue.