Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perpetuum is not shutting down. (Re:Is perpetuum shutting down?)

GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Pleas read the lastest DEV Blog post here

You will noticed they talk about Steam and more. They are talking the time to make sure they have all their ducks in row before releasing on Steam and updating a few features in the game.

Comments

• gibogibo Member Posts: 25
    Gremrod is right read the latest dev blog. The rest is just speculation from players who got banned for cheating and want to get back at the devs. There is still some PVP and activity going on just not in the starter areas.
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Wasn't there one conglomerate(guild?) that ruled all the pvp islands on that game?
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    Wasn't there one conglomerate(guild?) that ruled all the pvp islands on that game?
    NO
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by gibo
    Originally posted by Drolkin
    NO

At release there was. (M2S) Bunch of GoonSwarm Wannabes. Most were in beta and used their knowledge of the game and a very unadvertized perk for pre ordering of getting extra points. It was just enough for this group to establish their foothold in the game. It was all they needed. It didn't last and I think in the end that ended up hurting the game given a group of beta testers had an advantage right from launch.

I picked this game up during it's 1st week. I wanted to like it, I really wanted to like it. but I ended up leaving after a month.

There were 2 reasons. 1st, I was constantly getting an error that the remote host (The Perpetuum Servers) were forcibly dropping my connections. Don't know who was to blame there, It was an over seas connection and it could have been any of the ISPs involved, I don't know, but I could not maintain a connection to the game and there was nothing I could do about it. Disappointing for sure, but regardless of the cause, random connection drops in an FFA PVP game is a deal breaker.

The other issue I had, was that Perpetuum was very much fostering a game environment where multiple accounts were advantageous. I'm all for a sub. But don't push two on me.

GameGeezer,

I know what happened I was there.

There were other corps aside for M2S with the same knowledge about the game. M2S although, at one time had control of more islands and had the most political power there were not the only corporation controlling islands, you have to give them merit for being such a successful corporation at that time.

They found a  way to make insurance fraud; where you deliberately destroy mechs for a higher payout than it's true value, they informed the Devs about this, and were told it was intended mechanic therefore not an exploit, other corps also started doing this too, but not on a large scale like M2S.

Suddenly the Devs didn't think this through well enough about allowing this, as the insurance fraud was getting out of control, so they took away all ingame money form everyone involved, M2S took the largest hit, but were not the only ones.

About Perpetuum's connection I have had no major problems, that make the game unplayable in PVP, the usual happens from most MMO's disconnects here and there but its much more stable now. I have to agree Eastern Europe is not an ideal location for a server, but I know people that play from Australia to south America.

Mulitple accounts does not make you a good player it just makes you do stuff faster ,Eve has same system and it is a successful game, it can be enjoy with 1 account just as well.