Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bring Back The Newbie Log In Nektulos Forest!!!

SlavakkSlavakk Member Posts: 36
Bring Back all the Newbie Start Zones in their respective areas!!!

Comments

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    I don't know what you mean. When a game launches, it has to have have newbie zones. What game have you played that had zero zones for level 1-10 characters?
  • DizeyDizey Member Posts: 4
    A lot of games that come out these days go the cheap route and only have 1 or 2 starting zones.   It pretty much sucks.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Slavakk

I predict there will be one newbie (ie start zone) There will be less races and classes then EQ1 or EQ2 (ie only one type of elf race etc)

EQN is a game being made on the cheap with less development time as well. They will consolidate and dumb it down ie remove un-needed extras and choices that would otherwise require more money and development time. 

Hope I'm wrong but this is SOE and that's always the way they and Smed have rolled.

• SlavakkSlavakk Member Posts: 36
    It was starting city depending on Race... and adjacent were the newbie zones.. I played mostly KOS races DE, Iksar... but jumping in eq1 shortly after launch I remember the most awesome times I had starting out a new toon in Nek Forest or Cabalis.. But my first toon was a DE Shadowknight and back then it was considered the "Newbie Log"... or the FoB next to Cab was great as well... I remember jumping into Kurn's Tower!! oh the crazy times we had then with a damn spell book in your face lol.. But props to people who actually remember the good ole Newbie Log in Nek Forest!!!
  • wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by Slavakk

I predict there will be one newbie (ie start zone) There will be less races and classes then EQ1 or EQ2 (ie only one type of elf race etc)

EQN is a game being made on the cheap with less development time as well. They will consolidate and dumb it down ie remove un-needed extras and choices that would otherwise require more money and development time. 

Hope I'm wrong but this is SOE and that's always the way they and Smed have rolled.

To be fair, older games took longer to develop generally because the tech to support them did not exist.  With SoE collaborating with their Forelight team, and storybricks for rolling quality content out fast, I could see their development times being a lot shorter.  Not to mention their decade worth of software development.  Many systems may already be in place, and just need a bit of tweaking.

Sadly I never stayed in Nek forest as a newbie.  I was either in GFay or freeport - even with a dark elf character.  Most of my buddies were very much interested in crushbone -  every time, until 10+.  After level 10 or so, we would branch off to ec, wc, or a variety of other places.  Even though I didn't spend a lot of time there, it should still exist.  Having a game with too much content is more appealing to me than not enough.  Finding out that someone has progressed in a completely different way is wonderful.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

The newbie log is being replaced with the newbie totem.   it looks exactly like a shaman totem from WoW, just to troll people =P.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    The game will have as many classes as EQ that has already been confirmed.   You can bet we see the same number of races or close to it with maybe others coming in future content.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    It's funny I remember the newbie log in Nek, Orc Hill in GFay and the wall in Crushbone with real fondness. In the MMO's I've played since EQ the newbie areas are a blur; they hold no memories for me.  I suppose this is mostly due to never staying in one area for any amount of time.  The only exception is the newbie areas in LOTRO.  I hope EQN does not follow the yellow brick road route of other MMO's.