Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Please close or delete. (Trion resolved issue)

Comments

• tristanryantristanryan Elkton, VAPosts: 233Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems like a serious problem to me..

However in general people do not get banned because of what they say, but how they say it...

And this is particularly why it pissed me off. I log on to find my post deleted with a warning on my account. I then simply stated i think the community can agree we need a new ambassador that is for the community and not for personal gain. 27 minutes later i was banned from the forums.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tristanryan
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems like a serious problem to me..

However in general people do not get banned because of what they say, but how they say it...

And this is particularly why it pissed me off. I log on to find my post deleted with a warning on my account. I then simply stated i think the community can agree we need a new ambassador that is for the community and not for personal gain. 27 minutes later i was banned from the forums.

Well to outsiders it might look like you turned your anger in a personal attack against that ambassador.  Not saying you meant to, but just saying how other people might have felt about it.

Anyway, wether your banned or not, does not solve the problem in the video as that clearly excists and should not be possible in any game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Hmmm, yeah Multiboxing is one thing. Like if you're running 3 different characters in a game that is slow paced like old EQ, it's doable. What 3rd party BS  that guy is using is obviously against almost every TOS. By pressing 1 key it makes all those characters do something, otherwise this guy has like 5 hands. There are macros in RIFT, I think, but none to control multiple characters. 

I agree though, why pay more to play a mmorpg by yourself? Never made sense to me.

• SinakuSinaku Austin, TXPosts: 481Member Uncommon

While I initially opened this thread with the mindset "oh another troll who got killed in pvp" I was surprised to find such a valid article.

I am totally against multi-boxing because like others have stated, why would you play an MMO by yourself? I think this is economy breaking and gives too much of an edge specially in pvp based situations.While I have never experienced this first hand in PvP, I have in PvE and it is extremely disappointing to know that even reporting that person is a waste of time. Someone multi-boxing in PvP could completely turn a "battle ground" in that teams favor because team work is really all that is required in these types of games.

On another note you brought up, I see so much racial/sexual talk in games like WoW and Tera (who has one of the worst general chats I have ever seen, but all in all a game I really enjoy). It is weird how trolling has become the norm instead of the occasional jerk that we can all ignore. Everyone is a troll know and communities are suffering from this.

Anyway, I don't think it was right for you to get banned from the forums for simply stating what I would consider an opinion that wasn't aggressive or provoking. Sorry to hear that what I had assumed was a great company is no better than EA/Blizz/Activision

• WaterlilyWaterlily parisPosts: 2,973Member Uncommon

In that video of the OP, at a certain point his box goes down and you can see his background...he's using ISBoxer, which is a hack tool that taps into the game and sends commands to different instances of the game.

He's a hacker, not just a multiboxer.

• MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

Isboxer a hack tool ?
    its a tool that allows you to setup multiple accounts for games dude.
    Its alowed and fine in all mmo's where multi boxing is alowed.
    You pay 5 dollar a month to use that, and its mostly used to Eve Online / WoW and offcourse them Free to Play games where it doesnt cost 1 cent to make mutiple accounts.

But please dont call it a hack tool its a multibox software program.

• WaterlilyWaterlily parisPosts: 2,973Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Isboxer a hack tool ?
    its a tool that allows you to setup multiple accounts for games dude.
    Its alowed and fine in all mmo's where multi boxing is alowed.

right..I'm sure it is....using ISboxer instabans you  if the game uses gameguard and hackshield, it crashes the game

there are always people who QQ in those games for getting bans

And ISboxer IS a hack tool, since it taps into the games to allow you to send different commands to different game instances.

Also, Lavish software are the people behind Macroquest...which is a known hack program for EQ and EQ2.

Macroquest allowed people to one-shot raid bosses and warp accross zones

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Death Valley, NCPosts: 52Member

I've been playing RIFT for quite some time lately, but hearing about this just ruins it for me. I sure hope they change this garbage. 

I don't mind someone multi-logging, but having five characters played from one keyboard and mouse is pathetic.

Originally posted by Master.Ryu

I've been playing RIFT for quite some time lately, but hearing about this just ruins it for me. I sure hope they change this garbage. 

I don't mind someone multi-logging, but having five characters played from one keyboard and mouse is pathetic.

How about 10?

And yes, i agree. It angers me more that as soon as someone replies to the "complaint" post on the official forum that can construct a cohesive arguement gets banned. It really, really, really makes me mad. It almost makes me want to divulge other important yet pathetic details about Rift, but im still pondering on how much i want to say.

And like it or not, Waterlilly is absolutely correct.

Edited to take out additional info because apparently i can be offensive when not knowing so and id rather not get my thread locked and/or deleted and/or banned with a link to a "rules of conduct" page that doesn't even exist, as i did on Rift official forums.

• MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

Uhm ISboxer can be used normaly in most mmo's and games buddy.
    Its alowed in WoW and Eve Online and some other AAA mmo's, maybe not in games with Gamegaurd, but thats the most shit hack prevention tool in the history of gaming.

You think Blizzard and CCP woulnt ban you for using hacks ?
    Check some forums and read what is does....

Its a program that lets you send keystrokes to multiple accounts at the same time instead uf using 5 mouses and keyboards.
    You setup your hotkeys like you would in any normal mmo and ISboxer will send that command from 1 mouse and keyboard.

You think its lame or hacking, i think its not.
    But to say its a hacking tool is a little stretched m8.

In Eve its kinda normal to multibox as most people i know have 3 to 8 accounts.
    Itsa nightmare in Eve to target Enemy npc's or players, after you have setup ISboxer life becmes much more easier to farm some isk.

I will say that its kinda lame in PVP mmo's like WoW and Rift, but for PVE i see eno harm other then people being upset they can farm faster and do more things solo.
    I woulnt mind this tool disabled for PVP purpose.

But do not say its a Hacking tool as that shit is way diffrent then a simple tool that makes life easier.
    A hacking tool tabs into the game and makes your aim 100% or disable the global cooldown or whatever shit hackers do.
    Aimbots
    Speedbots
    farmbots
    automated scripts
    macro abuse
    that stuff i consider hacking

As long as CCP and Blizzard have no problem with this stuff you can bet its not a hacking tool :)

ISboxer is not used in most mmo's lol. Only by people that like to undermine gameplay and risk their account(s).

Multiboxing =/= ghost programs.

• BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    You realize games like WoW have allowed this for years and years now right? Its not remotely prohibited by any real games that I know. There is a difference between exploiting and multi-boxing.

Watch the video.

It requires 3rd party software, which is against the TOS. (3rd party software is also against the TOS in World of Warcraft). The difference here.. Blizzard doesnt ban multiboxers because WoW is a subscription based game on its last leg. Rift is F2P and there is absolutely zero reason to allow this filth.

Third party software that allows you to be away from the keyboard and still do tasks unattended would fit the TOS.  If he is at the keyboard and pressing keys it is fine..... sorry buttercup.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,530Member Uncommon

OP - Isboxer is not a hack tool, it is not against the TOS afaik, yes it is cheesy in PvP *BUT* a well organized group will WTFPWN a multi boxer every time.

I multi box EQ1, been doing it for years, I find it very fun, but I don't use isboxer or any other tool to coordinate attacks, frankly I don't need it.

bottom line - this is not exploiting, you can petition Trion to change their rules, that's your best bet.

Starting threads with inflamatory titles on MMORPG will not help your cause.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Play EVE if you want to see how pro's do multi boxing. image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Once again, what i consider multiboxing, and what you consider multiboxing must be two wildly different things.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member

Once again, what i consider multiboxing, and what you consider multiboxing must be two wildly different things.

What you consider multiboxing and what i consider multi boxing is actually the same thing. Unless the person in question is gold seller.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• DaezAsterDaezAster new york, NYPosts: 803Member
    Funniest part is the person links it on twitch and uses "owning" to describe what there doing lol. I would feel like such a sucker playing any game like this and would damn sure be ashamed to admit it let alone broadcast it. I can understand why a sub game would let this slide as the person would be paying for all those accounts but at the same time how many players would you loose do to this cheating. In a tab target game this is just as cheesy as an aimbot imo.
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Almost all multiboxers use INNERSPACE and ISBOXER, which allows them to send commands from one instance to the next without swtiching.

Innerspace and ISBoxer is made by Lavish software. Lavish software are hackers, they created macroquest which allowed people to hack in Everquest for over a decade. 

They try to hide this fact now, but MQ, or Macroquest was made by them.

If the person is not automating then that is allowed.  If they are automating then it is not allowed.  Automation can be done with Logitech software.  Trion doesn't yet take a negative stance against macro or multibox software and has explicitly said they are not going to police the use of this software.  They will police automation and have methods to detect such.

Multi-boxing doesn't violate the TOS.  Botting (automation) does.  Trion doesn't consider syncronization software to be automation.

That's the answer so far.  And I've seen this guy on the Rift forums.  It turned ugly when he didn't get his way.  The community ambassador can't delete or edit posts and they are free to voice their own opinions and argue how they will.  If he got banned from the forums it was because he violated the TOS which I find ironic considering his complaint.

• SentimeSentime Chicago, ILPosts: 272Member

I played Rift when it released and my memories of PvP center around an infestation of  AFK people and bots farming battlegrounds for points. PvE was just as bad with mostly terrible players that couldn't work together or communicate if their life depended on it.

What you showed is vastly more enjoyable.  Multiboxing, actually makes me want to play Rift again. 

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    You realize games like WoW have allowed this for years and years now right? Its not remotely prohibited by any real games that I know. There is a difference between exploiting and multi-boxing.

Watch the video.

It requires 3rd party software, which is against the TOS. (3rd party software is also against the TOS in World of Warcraft). The difference here.. Blizzard doesnt ban multiboxers because WoW is a subscription based game on its last leg. Rift is F2P and there is absolutely zero reason to allow this filth.

Hmm... I used to multibox WoW many years ago and I never used any third party software and the game wasn't even at it's peak, research is fun...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• KarbleKarble San Diego, CAPosts: 741Member

Is multi-boxing wrong? No

Is using macro and bot software to control a second char wrong? yes

Games should actively discourage this sort of game play out of principle. If they build a game with character dependency then they should also build a mercenary system into the game that allows only one merc at a time so that if a server is low population or the content area level you are going through has nobody else around, you can still progress and have some fun until you get into an area with groups again

I would also want to see your Merc auto despawn when you enter a higher population area. This way grouping is always first and formost on player's mind if they want to overcome certain objectives.

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,474Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Karble

Is multi-boxing wrong? No

Is using macro and bot software to control a second char wrong? yes

Games should actively discourage this sort of game play out of principle. If they build a game with character dependency then they should also build a mercenary system into the game that allows only one merc at a time so that if a server is low population or the content area level you are going through has nobody else around, you can still progress and have some fun until you get into an area with groups again

I would also want to see your Merc auto despawn when you enter a higher population area. This way grouping is always first and formost on player's mind if they want to overcome certain objectives.

You are unrealistic.  Such a policy, would lose the company how the extra "boxes" of the multiboxer even if such as system could be inforced.  There isn't any compensation for this loss of revenue. 

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon
    .. Blizzard doesnt ban multiboxers because WoW is a subscription based game on its last leg. 

i chuckled.

• nickster29nickster29 Holmen, WIPosts: 486Member

Only problem I have with Rift multiboxing is now that the game has gone F2P I see quite a few people multiboxing ridiculous amounts of characters.  

Ran into someone just last night running 10 clerics.  Kind of silly if you ask me.