Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant wait to try this

GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

anyone else think these graphics look a lot like Team fortress 2 ?

haha that's not a bad thing. If this has some rpg elements to it,this game could be awsome

Comments

• SarcasticShitSarcasticShit Member Posts: 6
    Looks like someone got a hold of some older technology and making a quick stab
  • ChochChoch Member UncommonPosts: 157

I don't know anything about this game but so far it looks like you scavenge for things during the day and then defend your base at night from zombie attacks.

Sounds pretty cool to me!

• wysiwygwysiwyg Member Posts: 1
    It was about time for Epic to pull a MMORPG out of their hat, using the Unreal Engine (4 hopefully). The game looks a bit like Unreal Tournament, so I hope it will make a hype at least as big as the one UT did in 1999.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Sounds like a fun idea to me. There's plenty of games similar to this that focus on PvP, but this sounds like it'll be more PvE/Co-op which would be great.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by sschrupp
    Sounds like a fun idea to me. There's plenty of games similar to this that focus on PvP, but this sounds like it'll be more PvE/Co-op which would be great.

Yea that even impressed me just watching that intro video.  I even like the graphical style.   

Looks very innovative to me.    Certainly worth keeping an eye on this.  Thanx!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Does anybody know what the server setup/structure will be?

Will there be individual servers similar to that of an MMO where many people are on the same server together?

Do you build your fortress in the same world as many other players?

Is everything instanced based?

What's the end-game objective? Bosses? World bosses? Bosses that raid your fortress?

There's like zero information about this anywhere
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

Will there be individual servers similar to that of an MMO where many people are on the same server together?

What's the end-game objective? Bosses? World bosses? Bosses that raid your fortress?

1) Server structure is P2P in Network, match-making based, you can make your own parties.

2) It's all part of the server that then runs the missions in an instanced manner.

3) The game is not open-world, see something like Warframe here, you enter the mission yourself or with other players and do the goals.

4) Yes, instanced based.

5) End-game here is just harder missions and some new type of missions, resources to collect and gear to craft (as you upgrade stuff), the skill trees are quite big and will require a long time to fulfill them, as well of upgrading everything you can upgrade, from weapons to traps, to specific heroes, survivors, squads, etc...

The game is said to get more content, so talk of bosses for endgame stuff, or even dungeons is all ideas thrown around to see if the developers pick on.
    mgilbrtsn
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    MaxBacon said:

1) Server structure is P2P in Network, match-making based, you can make your own parties.

2) It's all part of the server that then runs the missions in an instanced manner.

3) The game is not open-world, see something like Warframe here, you enter the mission yourself or with other players and do the goals.

4) Yes, instanced based.

5) End-game here is just harder missions and some new type of missions, resources to collect and gear to craft (as you upgrade stuff), the skill trees are quite big and will require a long time to fulfill them, as well of upgrading everything you can upgrade, from weapons to traps, to specific heroes, survivors, squads, etc...

The game is said to get more content, so talk of bosses for endgame stuff, or even dungeons is all ideas thrown around to see if the developers pick on.
    Thank you for all the info. I appreciate it!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was looking at this game quite awhile ago,i sort of like what it has going on.

However today i was turned off,i saw on twitch quite a few viewers but the reason was not on game merit.The reason was because noted named streamers were streaming,obviously FREE game given to them so they could advertise it.

I really feel for those people paying subscriptions to some nobody and his/her channel,shakes head,they need some waking up but whatever ,it's their life.

So i thought i'll watch a bit anyhow even though i detest using named streamers to promote your product.So with thousands watching on i hear this Lirik punk talking like some 12 year old,i was like wtf am i doing in this room.So then i notice pokkett,most remember her,i thought should be ok room,pfft she seemed to not really be all that interested in the game,so yeah,obviously free game marketing.

There is ONLY one way,advertise your game and give people a free look see,if even one day that is all we need,don't try and convince me to play just because some punk named  streamer is playing,that will turn me off more than convince me.
    So now i am on the fence, a game i was looking forward to trying now has me not wanting to bother with it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.