Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game - Great Video Summarizing What to Expect

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Meh. You guys can have your raids. You can find me at my shop selling my wares, or my house tending my crops, or the beach fishing up some dinner, or the golden saucer racing my chocobo, or the... ;)

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Meh. You guys can have your raids. You can find me at my shop selling my wares, or my house tending my crops, or the beach fishing up some dinner, or the golden saucer racing my chocobo, or the... ;)

You and me both with this!  Housing and the like have always been my favorite end game content.  Hoping that we will be able to purchase a house in each area as I wouldn't be able to choose.

Will likely get my AF and Relic weapon and then skip the 24 man raid content and just stick with the eight man content.  Though I'll be busy for the next six months at least with what I have planned.  Then it will be all about housing, making gil and possibly joining a RP linkshell / free company or two.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Raiders need to eat somewhere! :D

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Sephrinx

So from what I understand, the endgame will consist of your typical gear treadmill, which isn't much of a big deal. There are a few outdoor world boss type encounters, there is an 8 man raid, and 'hard mode' dungeons, that are supposedly DIFFERENT from the normal dungeons, not just bigger numbers and more fire that the normals. Sounds pretty normal of an MMO.

But what kills me is they are going to try and spoonfeed content via the endgame raids? What the hell kind of shit joke is this? Not having access to the entire raid is just dumb. Sure, it gives the illusion that the game will last longer and there will be 'more to do' when they in actuality making there less stuff to do by putting even more walls into the game and preventing you from accessing the content. I am fairly sure that once you acquire your Relic Weapon which will, take lets say one month, and get your first set of either labyrinth or crystal tower gear, which will probably be acquired during the same time as your Relic Weapon, there will be nothing else to progress until they remove the locks on said raids. Sure, you can get your other classes Relic Weapons and get geared for them, but why? If you are a tank, you are going to want to tank. If you are a healer, you are going to want to heal. I know I'm not going to want to constantly switch roles. Especially with how weak the combat in this game is, tanking is the only thing that makes the battle feel remotely decently paces. I don't know, this entire video pretty much confirmed everything I had originally thought about the game, that it's not going to be very good. 5/10 over all, that's being nice.

Unless they do something to drastically improve the fun-factor in this game, I'm not going to buy it... I would like to, I love the FF series and have always enjoyed them. (Except for any subsequent game following FFX, they all sucked ass, FFX was the last one that was good.) The fact that this is a FF game doesn't mean shit. It could be hello kitty island meets dora the explorer for all I care, labels mean nothing to me. I'm not paying for a label or a name, I'm paying for quality entertainment. I find this game very boring, and the main reason is the terrible combat. It's the king-pin of MMO games and is a huge determining factor as to whether or not the game will succeed in the long run.

So you are assuming that you can level a character from 1-50 and get your relic weapon in one month. You also assume that you will be able to grind endgame raids while you are working on your relic.

Completely wrong.

First off getting your relic weapon will not be easy. Its going to be a grind. Also Yoshida has mentioned that players will need to have multiple lvl 50 jobs to be affective in 24 man raids.

Secondly, you cant raid with a relic weapon. Its not powerful enough. You need a primal weapon. And you cant get a primal without a relic.

Third, youre going to need a real good, tight group of 24 to raid. If they are as good and tight as you would want them to be, then they are going to expect you to have your basic raid setup. Multiple 50s, and multiple primal weapons.

So realisticly its going to take you a good 2-3 months just to get ready to raid. (Lets not forget you need to materia up all your gear)

Then you should know that these raids are not easy. Yoshida has said that these raids were designed to out right kill players. He said your average group will need to wipe 7-8 times before they figure raids out. So say you raid 2 nights a week( which is average in mmos) You wipe twice a night... That's two weeks of failure before your guild even figures things out!

Lets also not forget these raids are Towers and Labyrinths. Its going to take time to get to the end. And you have to beat the Tower, in order to gear up for the Labyrinth.

So at best its going to be 4-5 months before a good percentage of players clear the endgame at release.

Funny thing.... Yoshida said they will do major updates every 3 months. So by the time you get to end of endgame there will already be two updates worth of endgame for you to continue on with.

Just more proof that when people who don't know what they are talking about, talk.... they look like idiots.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

You and me both with this!  Housing and the like have always been my favorite end game content.  Hoping that we will be able to purchase a house in each area as I wouldn't be able to choose.

Will likely get my AF and Relic weapon and then skip the 24 man raid content and just stick with the eight man content.  Though I'll be busy for the next six months at least with what I have planned.  Then it will be all about housing, making gil and possibly joining a RP linkshell / free company or two.

Good point - I somehow keep forgetting that there will be player housing (communities even) in this game - and that's huge.

And I can attest to the fact that being a crafter/gatherer feels like a whole game unto itself; I could see people staying entirely on that side of the game and having a great career in it.

• Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66

The battle system is really boring though...

The amount of content sounds really great, but it's hard to enjoy these things with the terrible combat.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

I feel really bad for linking to the video.  I thought maybe it's a public service announcment for people who had no idea what's waiting for us.  However, it looks like people on this thread have decided to go the video and start posting some really offensive comments to the creator of the video.

I kinda feel bad about it now.

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Thunder073

I kinda agree with Seph.

I was really hoping for more than a gear grind. Sure the epics will be fun to earn, but you can only get one for your "primary" class. With such a rich history of Final Fantasy I'm so very disappointed that there won't be an "Alternate Advancement" style in place. Now i know FF doesn't have AA's but they have something better!

I remember having so much fun leveling up my materia or espers in previous Final Fantasy games (yes i know materia is in the game but its used ONLY for crafting purposes). OMG would it be fun to find/farm/quest/grind to try and find espers or materis and level it up for you character after you hit character level cap. For instance in addition to the normal end game they are providing you would be able to still have something to level up, like espers or materia to help you character grow in power!

To me this sounds amazing. It's not a gear grind or an exp grind. But continual character advancement. I dunno about how you all feel about this but to me it sounds like heaven.

Here's to hoping...

Youre forgetting this is not a 1 player game. Its an mmo.

What level would your esper be after you found him? ( you wouldn't "find" him because you could just google where it was a week after release) Level 1? Level 50?

No level 50 player wants to level a lvl 1 esper. That's just dumb. If youre 50 and lvling a lvl 50 esper, how high would it go? 50 would have to be the cap or the game would be unbalance. You cant run around at lvl 50 with a lvl 60 pet.

Secondly espers (summons) are only for summoners. It would be the only job that could use youre genius idea. Again unbalanced.

Leveling and finding materia is just as bad of an idea. The only way you could "find" materia is through a quest and doing that over and over would be just boring.

Getting new spells and abilities as you level materia is also silly. Why not just level your job? Once you hit 51 or 52 you get new abilities.

How would you tell level 50s apart? You'd be checking to see what level their materia was before you partied up with them.

Maybe you should stick to one player games.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Yet another raid focused MMO, whoopee.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by ZizouX
    I feel really bad for linking to the video.  I thought maybe it's a public service announcment for people who had no idea what's waiting for us.  However, it looks like people on this thread have decided to go the video and start posting some really offensive comments to the creator of the video. I kinda feel bad about it now.  
    You cant hold yourself responsible for crappy people on the internet. They are what they are, nothing you can do about it. Im sure the guy that has that channel is very used to it.
  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

I feel really bad for linking to the video.  I thought maybe it's a public service announcment for people who had no idea what's waiting for us.  However, it looks like people on this thread have decided to go the video and start posting some really offensive comments to the creator of the video.

Meh - hardly your fault if people get off on spewing venom all over the internet. The rest of us appreciated the link.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by drivendawn

No reason to feel bad, haters gonna hate. Unfortunately for some reason some stick around to hate longer for no reason. 

........TROLLS  there i said it.

Man I don't see what you are talking about Zizoux, all i see on youtube is:

Sephyrix:

This comment has received too many negative votes (show the comment)

hmmmmm No I have read enough from Sephyrix today.

Would be nice if we could downvote posts on this forum to make them auto hide after a certain ratio was reached with an option to open them if you still wanted to.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154

No reason to feel bad, haters gonna hate. Unfortunately for some reason some stick around to hate longer for no reason. 

Indeed.  It's truly sad i doubt they even watched/finished the video, with the assertion early in the thread of 8 man raids at launch (not 24 like the video confirmed).  Not to mention 2-3 Months to accomplish near completion and ensue boredom was asserted?

Unless you already did the work yourself in 1.0 for a year or bought an account, i'd love to see you get ALL or even the majority of class's not only 50, but tailored with the best endgame gear and weapons. Which includes not just your grind for the relic weapons, but the 24 man raid gear as well that will take time to learn/progress through on all those roles, while your crafting, Coliseum pvp gear grind...(Did you watch the video)?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Two most common said words in a failed MMO:  End game.

• simulacrasimulacra Member CommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Murugan

Sephyrix:

Would be nice if we could downvote posts on this forum to make them auto hide after a certain ratio was reached with an option to open them if you still wanted to.

I wholeheartedly agree

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

FFXI, EQ, EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, all "failed MMO's".

As opposed to those gems that don't have end game so.... sandboxes like Mortal Online or EvE?  The only two non-"failed" MMORPG's ever to exist.  Or does a game just not have to have high level content in order to not fail?

Honestly as soon as a developer or fans of a game start the whole "We won't have an ENDGAME because the whole game is the journey"  I tune out.  As if endgame actually means a finite experience, I mean I guess eventually once they stop adding content that is true.  Until then endgame is just synonymous with "fun content". 

To me at least it is fun, others may prefer to get to level cap and quit and play a different MMORPG.  But that would make a horrible subscription MMORPG (as many recent attempts at P2P that did not have enough endgame found out).

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by simulacra

Sephyrix:

I wholeheartedly agree

+1 After having actually read the comment that was hidden, I'm glad it is, was offended by their language and their lack of ability when it comes to describing things negatively.

Thanks for the video OP, showed it to some friends already, great vid.

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Really? I could have sworn those 2 words were Sand box.

Anyone looking for the most common three words in a failed mmo? Free to Play

In all seriousness, I wish they had gone a different direction with the combat too. That being said, this game will not fail or got F2P. Now it may be true for some to say that the game didnt meet their expectations or requirements, but that doesnt mean other people dont like it or that it will fail to meet the minimum subs required to sustain. The story is awesome, the dungeon mechanics are very nice, and there will be plenty to do. You guys must not be familiair with SE MMOs either?.......... LMAO you wont be getting a relic in a month you silly things. the casual side of this game WILL be very casual including the leveling dungeons. The higher level dungeons, raids and other encounters will be hard and as they increas in level probably only for the elite. And by elite I mean godly geared FCs that know how to play 2-3 classes (at least) like rock stars. Mark my words some of it will be ragequit hard, and some people wont be able to handle it. and some people might get their feelings hurt and have to go to a f2p mmo so they can feel special again with handed out epics.

Now here are some true things about people who dont like the game:

You dont like the game for one of several reasons because the game doesnt fit what you need/like.  And its as simple as that! Maybe cuz its not a sandbox? or because its tab target, etc etc. There is nothing wrong with that. But that means JUST that. This in no way will be a WoW killer but you are dilluding yourself if you thiink SE isnt going to make a killing on this. Either that or you dont understand just how extreme the fan base is. Did you not see how many people stayed even durring 1.0?

Sorry about the cheap shot sandboxers, but you know as well as I do most sandboxes are just piss poor in implimintation (Partly imho because they always seem to be ffa pvp nightmares, and what the sandbox genre really needs is a AAA PvE title). Id like to say as much as I love giving sandboxes a hard time. I really do like some of them. I hope Everquest Next turns out to be all sandboxers and EQ fans hope. I myself am heavily invested (kickstarter) in Pathfinder Online. But hey I dont have a philosophy that didctates that an MMO should always be "this" way. Themepark, sandbox, doesnt matter. The only thing I see is fun or not fun.

I wont be sorry about the f2p comment though. Anyone who wont support a game simply because its got a sub is either a naive child or a cheap bastard. If a naive child at least you have an excuse. If a cheap bastard have no respect for you. YOU are ruining the genre by supporting the F2P frauds. Get a fucking job everything since the begining of time has always cost money. If you actually are too poor to P2P then find a different hobby. I already have to pay taxes to support the poor. I sure as hell dont want to support mmo welfare.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Not to derail my own thread... but as a father of two... it cost me $80+ dollars to watch Despicable Me 2 with my wife and two boys.  I know the value of money and entertainment.

P2P games, done well are the cheapest forms of entertainment for dollar per hour of entertainment.  I've also had enough of the F2P market...

• SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by Foomerang Meh. You guys can have your raids. You can find me at my shop selling my wares, or my house tending my crops, or the beach fishing up some dinner, or the golden saucer racing my chocobo, or the... ;)
    I sincerely hope you are joking with that statement.

So you are assuming that you can level a character from 1-50 and get your relic weapon in one month. You also assume that you will be able to grind endgame raids while you are working on your relic?
    Completely wrong.
    First off getting your relic weapon will not be easy. Its going to be a grind.
    Of course they say that. If it's true, and it doesn't just take 2 weeks, then awesome. I hope you are right, the more content the better, the more I feel like I am actively and purposefully working towards a goal, the better.

Also Yoshida has mentioned that players will need to have multiple lvl 50 jobs to be affective in 24 man raids.
    Why? You can't cross job. Why would it matter if you only have one job? I don't understand how having two or more jobs would be more effective than having just one job. Care to enlighten me on this? It's kinda unclear..

Secondly, you cant raid with a relic weapon. Its not powerful enough. You need a primal weapon. And you cant get a primal without a relic.
    An iLvl 90 weapon isn't powerful enough to raid? Where are you getting this information by the way, I am quite curious. I have dug through the beta forums for days and haven't found any of this information. Also, if you are going by the 1.X model, I think things are just a bit different.

Third, you're going to need a real good, tight group of 24 to raid. If they are as good and tight as you would want them to be, then they are going to expect you to have your basic raid setup. Multiple 50s, and multiple primal weapons.
    So realisticly its going to take you a good 2-3 months just to get ready to raid. (Lets not forget you need to materia up all your gear)
    I don't believe you... First off, I hit the level cap of 35 on the beta in two nights of playing. I played maybe 6-9 hours each sitting. And at that time I had literally no idea what I was doing. If I were to play again, I could easily hit level 35 in a solid day of playing, from dawn to dusk of course, since I would know where to go, what areas are the most efficient and will net the most Exp/Hour. I would also skip cutscene's and ignore the BS. I am quite confident I could hit level 5 in 4 days. So getting multiple classes to level 50 is no big deal, especially since you earn bonus exp for alternate classes.

Then you should know that these raids are not easy. Yoshida has said that these raids were designed to out right kill players. He said your average group will need to wipe 7-8 times before they figure raids out. So say you raid 2 nights a week( which is average in mmos) You wipe twice a night... That's two weeks of failure before your guild even figures things out!
    Why would you stop raiding after two wipes tho? Back in my day of progression, we would raid till our eyes bled and we couldn't take it anymore. Not "Well, we tried twice, lets call it good." that is just silly lol. And two nights a week? Try 5 nights a week. Two night raid schedule is like, super casual and not hardcore in anyway.

Lets also not forget these raids are Towers and Labyrinths. Its going to take time to get to the end. And you have to beat the Tower, in order to gear up for the Labyrinth.
    Cool Tower first, then Labs.

So at best its going to be 4-5 months before a good percentage of players clear the endgame at release.
    I think you are underestimating hardcore gamers man. I used to play hardcore, like, 80+ hours a week, on a relaxed schedule. I do not fall into the "good percentage" category of casual mmo hoppers.

Funny thing.... Yoshida said they will do major updates every 3 months. So by the time you get to end of endgame there will already be two updates worth of endgame for you to continue on with.
    Awesome. More content is always good. But spoonfeeding raid progression is asburd.

Just more proof that when people who don't know what they are talking about, talk.... they look like idiots.
    I do know what I am talking about. Everything I am saying is based, mostly on my own personal opinion of what I have seen/heard/read/experience in the game. Also, if you would site your sources for all of this information, it would be quite nice. I skimmed through the youtube Videos of Mr Happy or w/e his name was, and most of them were about classes, and crafting and materia and what not, and not many of them pertained to the actual game and its content. Thanks tho. If what you say is correct and the game will provide deep and meaningful progression, awesome. I hope it does. But the combat still sucks ass, and it's boring to play. Unless that changes... idk. I know "Don't like it don't play it." I've heard that a thousand times. I also know "they can't cater to everyone" and I understand that. It's fine. I'm just saying, my own personal taste for what makes an MMO fun, stem from the combat system.

imageimageimageimage

Originally posted by Arcticnoon

Youre forgetting this is not a 1 player game. Its an mmo.

What level would your esper be after you found him? ( you wouldn't "find" him because you could just google where it was a week after release) Level 1? Level 50?

Your Esper would be level one, and they would be acquired through a series of quests and dungeons, starting at level 20. It's not pokemon, you don't just be going out and picking them up like a Mineral Deposit. Espers then gain Exp from combat and quests, just like you would. Of course the amount they gain and how fast they level, as well as their level cap, would be entirely determinable by SE. They could only go from level 1-10, they could go up to level 100. Who knows how they would implement it. I could go on about how i would do it, but I'll spare you the read.

No level 50 player wants to level a lvl 1 esper. That's just dumb. If youre 50 and lvling a lvl 50 esper, how high would it go? 50 would have to be the cap or the game would be unbalance. You cant run around at lvl 50 with a lvl 60 pet.

How is it dumb? If I had the chance, I would jump all over it, I don't get it.  It's not a pet, it's more of an item. Think of it like a Soul Crystal. Each player would get one Esper slot. Each esper has their own innate attribute bonuses and abilities they grant you from equipping them. It's not a pet.

Secondly espers (summons) are only for summoners. It would be the only job that could use youre genius idea. Again unbalanced.

You obviously don't understand what I am trying to convey with the system of Espers. I will break it down for you. This is all simply rhetoric and is completely made up off the spot right now, bear with me. Each esper is unique to a class trainer. Once you are level with that class, you can accept the first quest and get your first esper from each respective class trainer. Every 10 levels you are presented with a new available esper. As well as at level 50, as well as each hardmode dungeon has their own Esper Quest. Each esper requires a different task and materials to obtain. Below is an example. 

Mike the Conjurer hits level 15. He goes back to his Class Guild leader, and the present him with a quest, "Espers and Advancement." He accepts the quest, and is now off to a Dungeon to search for magical fairy dust, and crystalized mana. Once he has obtained the required materials, he heads back to town and talks to his Class Trainer. He then recieves a "Hollow Esper" that can be augmented, and enhanced by the follow up quest, "Esper-gize." He goes out to the next dungeon, and obtains certain materials and more crystallized mana. Upon return, the Class Trainer channel a magical incantation, and creates a fully revived Esper. Let's say he got the Carbuncle Esper. Congrats Mike the Conjurer! You can now equip espers and accept quests from various Class Trainers!

. Once able to equip an esper, and Item Slot in your Character screen opens up. You then are able to select from a drop-down list of espers you have obtained. Each esper starts at level one, and gains exp through combat, only while it is equipped. Depending on the espers level, it grants bonus stats and abilities. Each esper is unique and is bound to the player. It is not a pet. It cannot be summoned, unless you are an Arcanist, in which case Espers would be even more badass.

I hope that cleared things up a bit.

Leveling and finding materia is just as bad of an idea. The only way you could "find" materia is through a quest and doing that over and over would be just boring.

Getting new spells and abilities as you level materia is also silly. Why not just level your job? Once you hit 51 or 52 you get new abilities.

How would you tell level 50s apart? You'd be checking to see what level their materia was before you partied up with them.

Maybe you should stick to one player games.

You are hopeless lmao. No one said they should implement FF7 Style Materia. So I'm just going to ignore this part of your post.

imageimageimageimage

Then it should come as a complete shock to you that Tera went free to play.

No, not really. It's a fun game, with brilliant combat, but it lacks a lot of other stuff that is essential to an MMO's success and longevity. It was fun tho, I enjoyed it. 

Mr. Happy is a really good guy.  Has a nice even keel personality and uses his time to provide the community who likes FFXIV with information.  It's aimed at people who are coming into it fresh for 2.0, not necessarily people like me who have Legacy characters.   Like I said before, you seem to be very sure of what you like and don't like, which begs the question, why troll forums of a game that you CLEARLY know isn't for you?

I don't have any legacy characters either. I am as fresh to this game as possible. I'm not trolling any forums. I'm just discussing my ideals and getting other peoples opinions as well. It's called communication. At no point have I ever said anything rude or obtuse. I have stated my own opinions and with reasons behind my opinions as to why I hold them. If you disagree, that is fine, if you agree, awesome, I'm glad we have similar views on the subject.

Even if you don't like the game, i don't see why you feel it's necessary to go and post inflamatory language in a youtube video that's only trying to give people information.  That speaks more about you than the video.  Quite frankly no one cares what you think, nor do they care what I think.  At least with me, I try not to be overly pushy about it.

I am looking in my comment history right now, and the last thing I commented on was a League of Legends video talking about Riven QoL changes. Why would you accuse me of doing such a thing? That just doesn't make sense lol. And if you don't care what people think, and no one cares what you think, why are you hear? Leave the forums. I don't know if you know this, but forums are a place for people to discuss things and have conversations and debate about stuff. At no point in the agreement does it say that you have the right to not be offended or that people are not allowed to argue or disagree with your views or ideals. So yeah, again, why did you say that I posted inflammatory language on this guys youtube?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found what you are talking about. This is what I said in case people were curious. 

"5 hours a day is pussy shit. If it's a good MMO and I don't have a busy work schedule, I will play that shit 10 hours a? day easy. I WILL have a guild and I WILL hit level 50 within a week. I hit 35 on the beta in TWO NIGHTS taking about 16 hours total."

This is a game you either like or don't.  Play if you do, move on if you don't.  Don't stir the pot and escalate the level of the language because you're bored.

This just says that you are unable to speak and communicate with people who have different views than yourself, and rather than trying to do so, you deject them and push them away because you don't know how to deal with it. I can not like the game, and I can talk about it and what I think would make it better, or I can like the game, and talk about what I think would make it better. Your arguments hold about as much as a sifter.

imageimageimageimage

Sephyrix:

This is a lie, I didn't post anything on his youtube. And you didn't spell Sephrinx right either time, and you obviously just made this up. I don't get it. 

imageimageimageimage

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Very informative and well made video. Linked it to a couple of my pessimistic friends :)

Thanks.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

I play for combat too, specifically group play.  This game has the best.  My opinion.  Want to argue it is "boring" make some points if you are even capable of that.  Give me a comparison to some other MMORPG you think has better group play.  You say you are hardcore, you say you raid, but let's see some evidence of that in your post other than the typical:

Ok, here are a couple complaints about the combat system...

• 1. It is slow
    The combat in this game is incredibly slow. It may have something to do with the fact that most attack and spell animations are less than 1.5 second long, which leaves a large window during combat where your character is just standing there doing nothing, waiting for either their auto attack timer to swing, or their Global Cooldown to refresh. The GCD hold back the pace of combat to an even more immense level. 2.5 seconds is very long time for a GCD. I know there are a handful of abilities that aren't moderated by the GCD, they also aren't exactly 'instant' cast, it still takes a few mashes of the button in order to get them to activate, and they also share their own internal cooldowns among Non-GCD Reliant abilities. 
    • 2. It is shallow 
    The combat is far too easy and simple. The basic rotations for all the classes, from my experience, (Each class to level 20, GLD to level 35) were all basic and static. There was very little incentive to switch to a different rotation or throw in a different spell, unless I needed to stun an enemy to prevent it from casting or something similar. The amount of complexity and depth of the combat system can be measured in milligrams. It's shallow and non-intuitive. There is very little variation from playing a GLD, MRA or PUG in the way that their abilities, TP management and play styles work. It's all about just finding the rotation and keeping it going, while managing your TP. Most rotations only consist of 3-4 abilities at the most as well. There are too many abilities that have 60second + timers on them, which really drags the combat down even more.

• It is boring
    With the combination of points 1 and 2, and the little differentiation between classes, the games combat system just doesn't feel right. There is no flow or fluency between most abilities and spells. There are no interesting spell/abilities mechanics, nothing makes me feel powerful, or stand out from another class.

"I'll beat the game in a week" "I play 800909 hours a day"

Ok? Not sure how to reply to this.

Also spoonfed raid progression?  Meaning what exactly?  That it is easy?  How do you know that?   Keep acting like you are some authority based on your supposed accomplishments in VIDEO GAMES, I can't downvote your posts here maybe like everyone did on youtube but I will mock the fact that you seem to rely only on your authority as some kind of expert on fun to make your arguments.

By spoonfed, I mean that they only give you a little bit at a time. Like when you feed your baby with a spoon. You don't give them the entire cup of applesauce, you have to give them little baby spoonfuls. And that is what SE is doing with their raid design. Only allowing us access to a spoonful at a time of the cup of proverbial applesauce. They should just give us the damned jar of applesauce. We are big kids, we can handle it. We won't choke on ourselves or make a mess. They need to just let us have 100% access too all of it. And if we are able to progress and complete them, awesome, kudos to those who are able to. But not being able to even try is almost insulting.

I can't think of anything more subjective, and because I don't see myself as being anything like you your idea of fun means zilch to me.

Ok. You know, you don't have to read my posts. Don't like it? Don't read it!! Baahahahah!! 

imageimageimageimage