Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmorpg/rpg are you currently playing?

Comments

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE Online. It never gets old :-)

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Rifts, Aion And The Secret World at the moment. Probably be headed back to Eve soonish.
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86

Rift very, very casually atm, but will probably pick GW2 back up soon.

I started Wurm Online to see what it was about, jury still on on that one...

I just cancelled my LoTRo account, so I'm not subbed to anything anymore. Not that I don't like sub models, just that there are no games out there that are worth paying a sub for past the first 30 days.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Guild Wars 2, exclusively now. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Over the last few weeks skyrim,a friend told me about Skyre and i must admit its the best overhaul i tried so far and it mad eme stuck with skyrim again since its a whole new expirience (especially combat and skill trees).Started yesterday Icewind Dale 2  also..
  • djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

GW2

Dishonored

Tomb Raider

Could argue that those last two aren't rpgs but they definitely have some rpg elements and I have been immensely enjoying them, much more so than a mmorpg.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Anno Online and Anno 2070, best MMO ever :D

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Diablo 3 HC/SC i wanted to try back in WOW i stop to play  with Wotlk and i need to pay around 35 euros to upgrade ..pass i will wait for next modern sandbox mmo

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91

currently playing rift online on and off. 

you may want to check out AION as well since they've launch recently a huge patch. :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    After 2 years of nothing else being any good to play, I went back to WoW last week.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am still playing FFXI,nothing comes remotely close to being as challenging.

I find normal mobs in ffxi harder than many games bosses and FFXI bosses could make me quit they are so difficult.

Try fighting a mob you are 10 levels above with say a friend.This mob uses a move that can charm a player and have him attack the other player ..lol.There are mobs you could be 20 levels higher and it can use an ability to petrify you,making it so you can't do anything but watch your hp slowly dwindle away and hope you come out of it in time to save your ass.

In FFXI Magic damage is boss,even if a mob is lower level than you,if he links with a couple other nukers ,you could very well say good bye and kiss the dirt.Most games out there i can walk around anything my level eating a full plate of spaghetti while watching Sports desk and petting puppy on the floor beside me and talking to my honey on the phone.

Oh yes and there are mobs that will aggro from far away if your hp's drop into yellow.They are the undead mobs you might get 1/2/3/4/5 or more all aggroing your hit points,again ..DIRT here i come.Some mobs aggro if you cast magic or use a class ability,so here you all cool and thinking everything is easy,stop to cast invisible then BAM ,Elemental aggros you,starts nuking your ass.

I absolutely love the work that went into cut scenes and all the stories,i actually do sit and watch them and read them,they have feeling put into them.

Classes? oh man i never get bored,you can play any class on the same player and i love all the classes,i never have enough time in a day to play as many as i like to.

For a game designed for the PS2,it just amazes me at how much more effort went into it than all the PC games out there.I guess the only wish i could have had was that FFXI was released today with better standards,but then cost of development might have held it back,who knows.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    After 2 years of nothing else being any good to play, I went back to WoW last week.

Well if you enjoyed WoW in the first place than no big deal right?

Nothing wrong with playing something you like.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Yah, was burned out on the raid/arena grind, not even gonna do that this time.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Zzad
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Zzad

Only MMORPG i´m currently playing is Guild Wars 2

along with other games: Dishonored, Xcom enemy unknown & Defiance.

I finished Dishonored & Xcom EU .. those are great games. Much better than most MMOs.

BTW, which version of Xcom did you play?

I like it most on my ipad .. because of the touch controls. Touch controls is perfect for turn-based tactical games.

I´m playing Xcom Enemy Unknown for PC! Just bought it in Summer Sales in Steam ;)

The PC version has better graphics .. but i do like the ipad controls better. Either way, the game is great.

• niiniichanniiniichan Member Posts: 15
    Uhmm... ragnarok 2! image

Play now! Sleep later...

• bigfootsbigfoots Member Posts: 198

Firefall Open Beta!

And the very enjoyable non-mmo, X-COM Enemy Unknown.

Proud Master CH -
    Sorry,
    Proud FORMER Master CH...
    my toon was untimely converted into something more Star Warsy

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    SWTOR. I'm bored beyond belief with medieval MMOs and their samey worlds.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• SacriaSacria Member Posts: 53

nothing but I have tried so many different this spring and they all seem soo flawed lately.

Eve, boring beyond anything I've tried since superman for the n64.

Rift, way to grindy. And combat is so boring because you basically spam 2 macroes.

Tera. No endgame, terrible enchanting system other than that perfect imo

guildwars 2, #1 was way better and I didnt even like the first one that much.

defiance, non scaling weapons = nothing to do after completing the story line.

Firefall extremely buggy constantly having to reset the game to try to fix a quest got to me.

Neverwinter, terrible combat no class variety (biggest disapointment imo)

Secret world, just not my style, I dont find it that funny.

Dragons prophet, I dislike the combo system it makes the combat feel clunky. Also cant dual wield.

etc etc.

Nothing good on the horizont either from my pov, with what they released from wildstar combat it will be exactly like the neverwinter catastrophé. TESO, unless they drastically improve the combat from skyrim its not even close to worth it.

Archage could be but I think it will be a very niche game and therefore empty.

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

Wartune...I don't know why but I like the simplicity and its playable for 30-45 minutes a day and you can still make good progress over time.

FF13 - surprised at how challenging some of the fights can be.  Story is ok.  I just like the FF franchise.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    GW2, and I know it probably doesn't count but I'm pretty addicted to Puzzle Quest 2 (steam sale ftw).
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Sacria

Secret world, just not my style, I dont find it that funny.

I don't think TSW was supposed to be a comedy.

• Princess.ClaudePrincess.Claude Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Currently just playing vindictus, just started it and i guess i'm late to the party, but it's good casual hack n slash fun image
  • CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

No MMO's atm. Took a break from EvE that has turned into a retirement I think. I just can't for some reason bring myself to purchase DF:UW. I read the forums, watch the youtube vids, read more forums...sigh, it's like that ex that you had the best 6 weeks of your life with..but you know if you called her you would be bankrupt or sitting in a thai prison somewhere.

I guess I'm stuck playing Sleeping Dogs, which is awesome by the way, and all of these other single player games I accumulated with the July 11th-July 22 Steam sale. 

If World of Darkness is what I think it will be...I will definitely be back for that. Having said that, I can't help but see the last 65 posts are all about EQNext on here. I never played EQ or EQ2 but if it's a sandbox with PvP and player driven economy...I might have to drop in and have a look.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

Im not playing any games atm. In the last years I would log in to a MMO and get bored after a couple of hours sometimes a week. Then I would switch to a new MMO and do the same. Sometimes I would not play any game for weeks and lately I finally realized that gaming isnt so much fun anymore.

The only single player games that I have finished in the last 5 years is Dragon age origins and Syphon filter on psp. I know they say age(Im 34) hasnt something to do with it but nevertheless Im bored with MMO/games.

The only game Im semi interested in is TESO.

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Playing Neverwinter and GW2 now and then. Waiting for FFXIV ARR and other open world games with great graphics, to put my computer to the test. ;) I know I can run A Realm Reborn, but I don't know if I can run for example Black Desert.