Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: First Act of Fatal Error Arc Launches

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The Champions Online team is pleased to announce that they're launching the first act of the Fatal Error story arc in the popular F2P Superhero MMO. Read on for more details.

Heroes will learn about the threat to SOCRATES, and with the help of super-intelligent gorilla Dr. Silverback (voice acted here for the first time), they’ll digitize themselves into her mainframe. They’ll need all their skills to defeat the viruses in virtual reality!

This mission is just the start of the FATAL ERR0R story arc. In the coming weeks Champions Online will release another instance, tracking the hacker to the depths of a supervillain’s hideout, plus a climactic Alert in virtual reality for five-man teams. Both of these will come with a new item release that supports the VR theme.  There’s a list of rewards for the instance. It’ll include two new costume pieces – the head piece of a monster and of a neutral NPC in the instance – and a new Action Figure of a virus.

We recently added a mini-set of six new Telepathy powers, build around debuffs and damage over time.

More info on the FATAL ERROR story arc can be found here.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Honestly, used to love this game. Didn't really think they still updated it..
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Heretique

I used to love it aswell, alerts are nice but since the decent ones are on a rotation it kinda makes it feel meh. I wish they would add a zone, instance or more adventure packs, alerts are nice if you just wanna hop in and kill somthing but most of the time you end up just wasting time because you fail the alert.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I actually tried this game again after two years the other night and must say I quite enjoyed it. It's been greatly improved. Really feel like a comic book character playing Champions Online.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Too bad the billing SNAFU prevents me from playing.
  • DoomedLukeDoomedLuke Member UncommonPosts: 3

I love this game, it was my first MMO and it's the one I still play the most. I love how creative one can be with its char customization.

The new mission is nice and brought a bit of hope that CO will start to receive attention from Cryptic once again.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I would go back if they allowed for all powers and customization for free to play players.  They could have done a better job with the f2p model.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Heretique

Incredibly fun game, could spend hours just designing my nearly 20 alts .... but .... I always left after month or so after gameplay and questing remembered me how shallow is. Now I have been away for more then a year and not sure if returning. Fun, yes, ... but for some time. I'm really sorry they did not put more "meat" on.