Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets talk buisness model

WrehnWrehn Member Posts: 6

Games worth subscribing to are typically higher quality games.

I vote Sub model for ESO!

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    I want it to be sub based, but i have a feeling if it is...it will fail badly. MMo players might be able to spend $15 a month, but a friend who's a console player that loves TES wont. He will have to pay for TESO and Xbox live as a monthly subscription.Before i start judging i have to sit next to a console player and ask him if they'll spend $15 a month for a game. MMO players will say yes, but will a console player?
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

I chose free to play since buy to play was not on that list.

Not to mention, the fact that it is being released for consoles, pretty much tells you it will not be sub based. Unless I am missing something here.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I also prefer the sub based model, but I think GW2 did fine with the BTP. I still continue to wonder why they don't try lowering the sub to a Netflix price point or a dollar cheaper. That may make a big mental difference to many...say...6.99 per month. It needs to feel to those without a lot of money like its a monthly expense they can live with. I think because its on consoles, I'd be surprised if it is sub based. I'm leaning toward BTP.

There Is Always Hope!

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

Why do you have to inject your caveman political views in a game forum?  

Obamastamps, really?  That's both racist and incorrect.

• FrostveinFrostvein Member UncommonPosts: 157

Did they not announce what their business model would be?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Frostvein

Did they not announce what their business model would be?

No they haven't, thus the purpose of this thread.

There Is Always Hope!

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

My business model idea...

• WrehnWrehn Member Posts: 6
    Great idea.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Wrehn

Lets be realistic here, There launching on consoles. They are going for the microtrasaciton model which most console gamers are comfortable with.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

excuse me OP but this poll is utter garbage because it is missing one option. Buy to Play.

I hope this game is Buy to Play, like GW2. It would do the game a favor. SKyrim alone sold more copies than what this game could make with subscription only before going F2P.

I do hope this game is buy to play and not free to play or sub to play. It would be the best model for a TES game.

EDIT: if they want to have an optional subscription with extra perks, go for it. Im ok with that. As long as i need to purchase the game to play but im not limited to a subscription i am happy

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Nitth

Lets be realistic here, There launching on consoles. They are going for the microtrasaciton model which most console gamers are comfortable with.

console gamers are comfortable with extra real content as DLC. Not with microtransactions or crappy 5 dollar dlc taht only gives you a weapon or a skin or a boost.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by rojo6934
    excuse me OP but this poll is utter garbage because it is missing one option. Buy to Play.Skyrim alone sold more copies than what this game could make with subscription only before going F2P.

Very strange statement... How does skyrim fit into this context? Skyrim is one time purchase, And your advocating for a B2P solution which is infarct a microtransaction system.

Of Course skyimr sells more becuase the value for money is there, And is a higher profile production.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Psyentist

Why do you have to inject your caveman political views in a game forum?  

Obamastamps, really?  That's both racist and incorrect.

I voted Obamastamps, will let more people play it who can't afford it and poor people should be allowed to play as well.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I think you got the choices wrong it should be,

1) Subscribe to see how long until this game goes free-to-play and while you are waiting we'll give you 1 extra quest in 6 months time that you can repeat daily for then next 2 years.  That will be $15/month please.

2) Free to play but you have to pay $5 to log out or we'll format your hard drive. But hey while you're playing anyway, how about this handy underwear remover for your character.

3) Pay for a sub or we'll charge you $10 to change spec, $5 to fast travel back to your capital city and $1/minute of dungeons unless you grind for 22 hours a day to earn the money to buy the pass off rich bastards but if you do we'll limit your bank to 1 credit less than you need to buy the dungeon pass... so just buy the sub ok.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    It might be either a sub based game or a B2P game with paid DLCs.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• LithiumTeaLithiumTea Member Posts: 16
    Even though it's only 33 votes... Make's you wonder who is really pushing the F2P? Or should we call it "F2P because we know you will spend more in or cash shop sucker"

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by DMKano
    "Games worth subscribing to are typically higher quality"Not true anymore. 

It was never true in the first place.

• SaiGodJinSaiGodJin Member Posts: 22

If it will be free to play ..i dont know if im gonna touch the game ...

Most of f2p al more likely pay 2 win or at least pay to rush to max levels max mounts and some high gear,

A subscription model + pay for expansion is the honest way for a mmo...and maybe micro transactions ONLY for estetic items like cloths ,but not mounts ,exp scrolls etc

• WildaboutwildstarWildaboutwildstar Member Posts: 38
    Why do I get this eerie feeling this is a B2P game, but they are going to charge a sub fee for the game?

Somehow, I just know this will happen!

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368

Release- B&P2P

6 months- F2P w/CS

Thats the most likely Business model that Zenimax will have

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

probably be buy to play with a lot of DLC and micro transitions.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    Release- B&P2P6 months- F2P w/CS Thats the most likely Business model that Zenimax will have

i would day that is the least likely scenario given the fact that its on the consoles. maybe a F2P/ sub model at the most, even then i think its far more likely it will be B2P like the vast majority of other console games that can also be played online.