Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My estimated Release Date!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

I feel they will launch this game on March 16th, 2014, to co-incide with the 15 year anniversary of the original EQ. I believe they will start closed beta around the end of August until end of January, and then Open Beta from end of January to March 16th. 

This is just my speculation, and I hope that when they do a closed beta, they do a big one and give many people the chance to participate and stress the servers. 

/discuss

Comments

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

SOE live, or close to it, will be the start of open beta.  They've already been doing closed beta with in house testers and are going to get their product out of the gate as fast as possible to get a lead on the competition.

August 2nd - August 30th will start open beta.

Release will happen sometime in September - November, to be ready for the holidays.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
    That...would be awesome news, however, I have learnt to not get my hopes up over MMOS, so when it happens, THEN I will become hyped and excited (moreso than now!) ;)
  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

march is one of the slowest times for game purchases for consoles, not sure about PC.

If anything they will plan for a release right before Dec of this year, or if they can't meet it, right before Summer 2014.  Both are high purchase times for the gaming community and would maximize their profits for box sales (if they go that route)

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• paganloftpaganloft Member Posts: 11

I agree, though I don't think they have to rush their product.  With Blizzard's pushback on WoW2 (whatever it is), I predict next spring/summer post public beta.  I just hope they don't leave it in beta...  i'm a bit discouraged by these AAA title publishers leaving titles in open beta for months at a time.  I'm sure there are reasons behind it that i'll never know or care.  IMO Test it, package it, ship it - perfect is an illusion.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

If they are really pushing for a 2013 release like Smedley makes it sound, then I pick mid-late November.

If it doesn't happen then, I pick April as the next earliest available date.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    The release date certainly isn't going to be too far out from SOE Live or the whole concept of hiding the game in a black box so their competitors don't steal their ideas will be pointless.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by paganloft

I agree, though I don't think they have to rush their product.  With Blizzard's pushback on WoW2 (whatever it is), I predict next spring/summer post public beta.  I just hope they don't leave it in beta...  i'm a bit discouraged by these AAA title publishers leaving titles in open beta for months at a time.  I'm sure there are reasons behind it that i'll never know or care.  IMO Test it, package it, ship it - perfect is an illusion.

Well I already predicted a late spring launch date a couple of weeks back when I said November 11. 

P.S. I really wish people would stop using seasons as a reference point in time lines, once you cross the equator they are all the other way round and we have had this wonderful innovation called ""months"" for some time now. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

It's possible that Blizz realized sandbox was the trend and are re-doing Titan for the same reason SOE re-did EQN, and are waiting for SOE to show their hand, and SOE know this which is why they are holding back till Aug, they may have intended a reveal at E3 (which is why they had a press demo ready).

This may mean that whatever innovative features EQN has can be quickly copied over onto another mmo, such as Rift or GW2, depending on how fundamentally sandboxy and engine taxing they are. I can see Trion being able to copy some EQN features pretty fast, and Wildstar too, as they are not restricted by IP.

Or SOE are simply worried about mmos being made from scratch with their ideas, in which case they are comfortable with a year or 2 of further development in the open before launch.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Lokero

If they are really pushing for a 2013 release like Smedley makes it sound, then I pick mid-late November.

November is my guess aswell.

• MasterfuzzfuzzMasterfuzzfuzz Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Gallus85

SOE live, or close to it, will be the start of open beta.  They've already been doing closed beta with in house testers and are going to get their product out of the gate as fast as possible to get a lead on the competition.

Release will happen sometime in September - November, to be ready for the holidays.

They've been doing alpha in house. Closed beta will probably be September with open beta/release right around christmas

• Rippley05Rippley05 Member Posts: 13
    Well, Call of Duty drops in November which is gonna take a lot of people away from buying a new game. The way MMOs change and take retarded amounts of time to develop, I'll say summer of 2014.  It will be disappointing if it isn't released this year, but when it comes to these types of games....are we rarely NOT disappointed by many things?
  • Pneuma001Pneuma001 Member Posts: 39

In an interview last October it was hinted that the game would be playable at SOE on August 2nd.  I would think that the OP's estimates are close. I would guess that beta would begin in August and run till much closer to the end of the year.  I would not be surprised to see the beta run into next year, if only because SOE will offer the option to buy into the beta, just like every other recent Free to Play MMO has done, including Planetside 2. 

It'll be totally free to play eventually, but it's totally free to play right now for just $40.

Originally posted by Pneuma001

In an interview last October it was hinted that the game would be playable at SOE on August 2nd.  I would think that the OP's estimates are close. I would guess that beta would begin in August and run till much closer to the end of the year.  I would not be surprised to see the beta run into next year, if only because SOE will offer the option to buy into the beta, just like every other recent Free to Play MMO has done, including Planetside 2. 

It'll be totally free to play eventually, but it's totally free to play right now for just $40.

Planetside 2 beta lasted from the beginning of August to mid-November.

• Pneuma001Pneuma001 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

That's true, but In the interview October when they made the claim that players would have a playable version of the game by the end of the year "and not just a beta".

I'm wondering if they're going to come out with some other kind of version of the game that they can give to us that doesn't count as either the beta or the full game.  That'd be odd.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by Pneuma001
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

That's true, but In the interview October when they made the claim that players would have a playable version of the game by the end of the year "and not just a beta".

I'm wondering if they're going to come out with some other kind of version of the game that they can give to us that doesn't count as either the beta or the full game.  That'd be odd.

Not that odd.  They did that with Spore, for example.  I'd love to be able to create my character beforehand and just jump into the game when the servers go live.

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

If the rumors are true, that EQNext has been in production for over 4 years now, I could see a 2013 Release.

Would be great.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Rippley05
    Well, Call of Duty drops in November which is gonna take a lot of people away from buying a new game. The way MMOs change and take retarded amounts of time to develop, I'll say summer of 2014.  It will be disappointing if it isn't released this year, but when it comes to these types of games....are we rarely NOT disappointed by many things?

This would be a good reason to not suspect a November release... if the game wasn't going to be F2P.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Masterfuzzfuzz
    Originally posted by Gallus85

They've been doing alpha in house. Closed beta will probably be September with open beta/release right around christmas

If you know anything about game development, you'd know there is no set Alpha/beta standard.  Beta just means when they feel there is few enough remaining known bugs for their beta standards.  One company may call a game in beta when another company would call that same game Alpha.  Google releases final products and has them out for years and still calls them beta version xx.x.xxx or whatever.

Bottom line, SOE has been doing internal testing, and you can rest assured that they've already been well into beta by now.  SOE Live will mark a mid or end point of close beta, with an open beta to follow and release this year.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Lokero

November is my guess aswell.

Mine too, but November 2014 because I am a pessimistic little f**k and it makes me to be more patient.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I could see that happening.  2013 or early 2014 is my thought.
  • AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185
    Considering that they are still looking for programmers, I doubt we'll see a 2013 release.

I'll guess Q1 2014
    Originally posted by Aceshighhhh
    Considering that they are still looking for programmers, I doubt we'll see a 2013 release.

I'll guess Q1 2014

ArenaNet has been looking for programmers since before release of GW2. It's not any kind of sign of how far they are in development.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

I'll guess Q1 2014

Depends on where those programmers are going... I mean maybe they're hiring people to replace others they've pulled off PS2 or the other EQ games to work on EQN, you can't really tell for sure. Would shit myself laughing if the release is by september though.

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Dihoru

I'll guess Q1 2014

Depends on where those programmers are going... I mean maybe they're hiring people to replace others they've pulled off PS2 or the other EQ games to work on EQN, you can't really tell for sure. Would shit myself laughing if the release is by september though.

Oh how much would I live that to be true. Fingers crossed and going to light a candle for a Sept release :)

Wondering as well, with TES coming next year, it would probably be much better for them this side of christmas.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Didn't they release the character creation of EQ2 before it actually launched? Pretty sure i spent a few days messing around with it i was so excited.