Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Q&A Paul Sage - Elder Scrolls Online

123457»

Comments

• ZOS_SageZOS_Sage Creative Director (ESO)Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by ESO-PS4

- Archery - 

Are you doing anything new to Archery in terms of abilities/attacks to improve archery from past TES games primarily Skyrim.

I just finally wanna get the ability to fire multipe arrows(Ala Legolas from LOTR) and element echanted arrows(Fire,Ice,Lightning).

Thank you

We'll have lots of different archery abilities to go with our bow skill line. Some are different from previous TES games.

• sonicblaster33sonicblaster33 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Paul

I have heard numerous rumors about Twitter and Facebook being implemented into the game as an easier way to keep in touch of friends and your guild. I wanted to know if this was true and if Skype will be implemented into the game as well?
  • SolbranthiusSolbranthius Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the character creation system I am exceptionally eager to learn whether the various elven races are going to be designed in a way which makes them a little more distinct than simply coming across as looking like humans with long ears; thus I'm curious as to whether they'll have a distinct look along a similar look to how they've been presented in previous TES games whilst also being reasonably attractive and appealing?
    Originally posted by ESOFan

Wow! a lot of unanswered questions already.

A simple one. There are two equipment slots. Is it possible to have the same weapon type in each? Two destruction staffs, for example? Or, even better, can you just use the same exact weapon for both loadouts?

Limiting, perhaps, but 12 skills would make you one awesome DPSer...

You can put whatever type of weapon you like in the second slot. So yes, if you carry around two destruction staves, knock yourself out.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Would love an answer on my question.

Points of Interest:  Will their density be as plentiful as Skyrim?

I do like what you've done with adding in a TES style compass.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• laytolayto Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by ZOS_Sage
    Originally posted by layto

Hi Paul,

Thanks for  take the time to do this.

My question is: Is there a prison/bounty system in ESO, and how will it work?

Right now, there is not.

Thanks for answering.

That's really too bad to hear. I think a prison system would be a very fun and engaging thing for the game. It's also been important in your past ES games when committing crimes. There was at least some fear of being caught.

I hope the team eventually implements it.

Originally posted by Destai

Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to come here. 

Here's my question/topic I'd like you to address, if possible.

To put it plainly, I'm extremely turned off by the faction lock and the lack of immersion that comes from the phasing being applied. As a long time Elder Scrolls fan, there is a great joy in experiencing open borders. As the game is designed, that's not the case. Furthermore, the fact that I must complete the preceding faction's zone before heading on also limits immersion. Forming guilds and groups becomes infinitely more difficult, especially for roleplayers like myself who typically one race or another. 

Please justify this. 

Taking yours so people don't think I am fielding all of the easy ones. First, this isn't going to be an exact copy of other Elder Scrolls titles. Each Elder Scrolls game has been and will be unique. I can understand your concern. However, when we decided to put in a heavy PvP system where there would be a faction war, we wanted those factions to mean something. This is also the first Elder Scrolls game where you will be able to adventure with other people and fight other people.  I don't think we need to justify it, I just think we need to be up front and honest about it. I hope you join us as an Elder Scrolls fan. I think you'll appreciate the differences as well as the similarities. But thanks for taking the time to ask.

• AristanteAristante Member Posts: 3
    Will players be able to hide their helmets if they prefer to see their character's face?

ESO: Aldmeri Dominion

Originally posted by ARandomHobo

Hi Paul,

One of the things that make MMOs great (to me) is being able to find an epic piece gear, or a new rare mount, and brag about it to your friends.

Is ESO going to have some awesome, hard to acquire items that will give the player that great sense of achievement?

Yes. Yes we will.

• LifeOnCheeseSticksLifeOnCheeseSticks Member Posts: 1

Hi Paul

I was just looking through some of you're older games, (namely Daggerfall) and I saw that it had 188,000 square miles!, I was just wondering, about how large will ESO be? how many square miles/kilometers of fun are we looking at? And which provinces in particular will be limited?

From

An Adoring Fan

(P.S. I'm trying to do a ESO Cosplay, but the screenshots are limmited, if you could, please send some good warrior and/or thief type armor(s) to [email protected], Thanks!)

Originally posted by Herjeee
    So, if I one day feel bored and get the crazy idea to run from coast to coast (yea, Forrest Gump) in Tamriel, example from  Winterhold (Skyrim) to Southpoint (Valenwood). How many hours will that take?

I honestly have no idea. But I'd recommend getting a mount.

Originally posted by Solbranthius
    In regards to the character creation system I am exceptionally eager to learn whether the various elven races are going to be designed in a way which makes them a little more distinct than simply coming across as looking like humans with long ears; thus I'm curious as to whether they'll have a distinct look along a similar look to how they've been presented in previous TES games whilst also being reasonably attractive and appealing?

I am really pleased to report that the various Mer do indeed look very different and I think you can make them look both attractive and unattractive as you desire.

And with that, I am out of time. Actually a little over. I am sorry if I didn't get to your question. I tried to go in order and then just answer some random ones here and there. Time passed by fast, and as I said, I am not the speediest of typists. Again, thank y'all very much for the questions. I hope to see all of you in the game. Except the one guy who asked me about dragons...

• ZaldrohirZaldrohir Member UncommonPosts: 2

I guess this will be a question that is on many people's minds and has probably been asked in a different form before.

But just to have it really clear:

Elder Scrolls games primary feature for many of its fans is the ability to walk in a random direction and stumble upon caves, towers etc. after having completed the introduction (Helgen in Skyrim). How will TESO do this? It's impossible to have the surrounding scale with the player, so the player will have to adapt to the surroundings. In Skyrim and Oblivion I could run in a straight line and fall from one point of interest into another and I'm just a little scared that TESO will not be able to do this as well. Not due to ineptitude, but due to restrictions by being online. I fear it might be more like GW2 (which was not bad, but definitely not Elder Scrolls).

PS: A good read, including the comments, is an article on this site.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/7591/Give-Me-Nooks-and-Crannies.html/page/1

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Thanks Paul Sage and the rest of the Elder Scrolls team for taking the time! Thanks for coming out everyone!

You'll be able to find this Q&A and all future forum Q&As in our new Forum Q&A Archives subforum.

• sonicblaster33sonicblaster33 Member Posts: 2

If we go to another faction's area and go to a town will the NPCs know what faction we are from and will they dislike/hate us and will they attack us or will they act normally until you act up?

This discussion has been closed.