Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Skirm melee'r

itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

when i first started playing i pretty much went in blind and decided that brawler was for me.  I put points into both dex and str but have more in str. (for example i have 4 booster in str but only 3 booster in dex)

my plan was to use all those skirm movement abilities to kind of be a mage killer in pvp.  of course i didnt know what i was doing and now i'm thinking maybe i shd just xfer to warrior because that plate armor keeps you alive better than evade and dash.  I feel wierd in pvp groups when the person in the lead says all skirms salvo the primalist and i'm like, ya i cant do that.

but i really do like the notion of a melee skirm.  it reminds me of playing the mobile rogue type that i liked in all those themepark games.  anyone have any suggestions?  Should i just use deadeye and be thinkful for my extra str because it equates to higher than normal health?  or would i be happier as a war?

i dont dislike archery but i gotto be honest i think its more satisfying to greatsword something in the mush.

thanks in advance for your responses

Itch

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Brawler is great for solo and great for scouting, in group fights i'd expect every skirm except a scout to be equipping salvo for the AoE potential. A strength brawler with low ping, who is also very skilled, can be effective at killing cloth-based classes however.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Thanks. Clothie masher is kinda what I was hoping for. I will work towards salvo tho

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    People do play Str Skirms. Hit them with the piercing debuff and move in with a pole arm.
  • StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Well dex skirm does have melee options, knives are dex based, as are one handed weapons (both str and dex)

so as a skirm you can melee with any one handed weapon or knives, and that's without str booster.

there is a melee school for skirm coming out, called duelist, with a rouge school called blackguard with stealth options (you wont be invisible)

duelist is the next school to be released too.

but if you like the HP and two handed weapons with reach youll need str booster.

on a side note, dex warrior with bows is pretty good as well.

choice is yours.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    There's a website.

Darkfallinfo.com or something like that.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Was playing around abit with Str-Skirmisher in beta.

Back than he was good at killing cloth based classes and other deadeye-skirmishers.

but you have no chance against any type of warrior

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by Niburu

Was playing around abit with Str-Skirmisher in beta.

Back than he was good at killing cloth based classes and other deadeye-skirmishers.

but you have no chance against any type of warrior

that's basically what i have found so far myself.  At least skirms in general are pretty good at escaping a warrior

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Basically all the info on the unreleased classes are from someone who cracked the game files.  Apparently in the game files are icons and brief descriptions on the unreleased class skills.

Skirmishers will have a duelist melee school which might focus on knives as they are the only two handed dex based melee weapon (wish that would change)

Also there is blackguard, which is suppose to be "stealthy" but not like *poof* hes gone stealth.  Info on this school is sketchy since the skills either sound really awesome or really crappy based on how you take the general description info and apply it to how the game works.

brawler and blackguard are mutually exclusive, as is deadeye and duelist.

Duelist is the next released class after the warrior class.

Problem now with melee skirms is that they have weak armor, and 50 HP less than warrior class.  The warriors armor is piercing resistant, leather armor isn't.  Dex warriors do just as much if not more damage to a Dex skirmisher (excluding skirm debuffs and skills) just because of their armor.  When using the same bows ect.

So its really hard to say how a new school of skills will effect the class, same with slayer, which is why I expect them to be drastically delayed.  Slight changes have a massive effect in the game, which is one of the reason they wont just make transfers stronger with a value change (there was a bug that gave transfers a 3 point boost and everyone loved it and the bug was fixed, because of that its become the biggest and most vocal suggestion with a lot of emotions behind it...was never an issue until the bug happened though...they fixed the bug and people raged)

So right now warriors have the best melee tools, skirmishers have the best archery tools but not really the best raw bow abilities certainly with their bow skills though.  Warrior gear is crazy expensive though, even the low end stuff...when compared to skirmisher gear.

I dunno its fun to screw around with builds ect but until all the schools are out theres not a lot of crossing over other than STR primalists and DEX warriors.