Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Live Forum Q&A With Creative Director Paul Sage -- Tomorrow!

2»

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by zeusypoofs
    Originally posted by azzamasin

One of the good things (for people who enjoy PvP) is that there is no instanced battleground or E-sport PvP so no there's no 2's or 3's death match arenas.

i'm sorry but I don't want to be in a big game of risk im not complaining but that's just my opinion.

Then play a game that suits your style, plenty of instanced garbage to satiate your appetite.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ScriptZScriptZ Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by GreatArchitect
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by GreatArchitect

Looking forward to the live interview!  I'm very glad to see that Zenimax and Paul Sage are remaining very active with the communities and getting new information out there.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Lol, are you joking?

They have been very closed with the information, this is there first live q&a on any forum with the general public. If you look at how the guys over at Carbine handle the general public you would understand my meaning.

As far as being very closed with their information, yes Zenimax has evaded alot of specific questions about the game and that is expected as it's still early in beta, but that is not to say that Zenimax hasn't said anything at all..... There are multiple interviews on the web if you look in which plenty of information has been given and no it's not just "There will be no dragons" and "There are no cookies in the game" -.- 

First Live Q & A on a forum, you're probably correct there I am not aware of any Live Q & A's that have been done else where but again there have been multiple Q & A Sessions Paul Sage has been apart of in which some have included some members of the general public.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Perhaps i need to elaborate, they have said many things but shown us hardly anything, just rehashed vids with must content that was shown over a year ago. Early beta or not, the game is six years in development, the same time ArenaNet started working on GW2.

Yeah some things may chance but there are things they could show us and talk about. We already know the game is instanced and non open world. Can i just walk into buildings without having to load in like in AOC? Can i go to another area without having to complete all the quest in a previous area, will it effect my game if i do?

Will RP be supported even with the mega server, when i say supported i mean like LOTRO, officially supported?

These things i want a straight answer on

Less talk and more action is needed.

I dunno where you got the idea that the whole world was instanced and not open. I guess in a way it is since there is phased channels and most likely opposite factions won't see each other in leveling areas, but for the most part it's open world similar to GW2. Walking into buildings I believe will be there since that leaked video showed a guy walk out of a huge boat into the open world with no load screen I'm gonna say there will probably be a lot of buildings players can just walk into does that mean there will be solo dungeons like you see in a single player TES games that you can walk right into I doubt that, but we will see. As for the RP they have said that there is a matchmaking system where you can state that your an RP lover and it will place you in a channel with players that like to RP, so it will be up to the players on that channel to RP.

• zeusypoofszeusypoofs Member Posts: 24
    I totaly agree with you hoipoloi!
    With the information i have come across i do t thi.k this is goi.g to much of a PvP game in my opion.
  • ScriptZScriptZ Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi

My Question:

Will Cyrodill provide enough opportunity for those who like small group PvP to be satisfied?  (The reason I ask is that GW2 promised this for their WvW, and our guild has been sorely disappointed, as Zerg vs Zerg crowded out almost every other gameplay style).

I'm gonna say I hope so also, but the way players are and how players will always take the easy route to victory Instead of the most fun. I doubt this will be much different. The way the pvp system has been talked about I guess you protect the farm, so that the npc guards get buffs, labor mill gives wood to fix keeps which you always have to do and I'm guessing the mine will do something like provide metal to maybe make weapons not sure there. All this is helping the players protect the keep better, so I guess the small groups can protect those sorta like WoW AB BG while the bigger zerg groups protect the keep. But again it all depends on how players play it will most likely still be possible for the other factions to just zerg the keeps over and over without even caring about the farm etc. Unless they make the buff the npcs get from the farm super OP that not even a zerg can break thru easy.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi

My Question:

Will Cyrodill provide enough opportunity for those who like small group PvP to be satisfied?  (The reason I ask is that GW2 promised this for their WvW, and our guild has been sorely disappointed, as Zerg vs Zerg crowded out almost every other gameplay style).

Just to remind you all again -- this isn't the place to ask questions! Paul will post a thread in ESO general discussion at 7PM ET tonight. Ask your questions there!

Im just gonna say one more thing and thats, that p p has a big part of a games longevity and when i reach cap i do t want to be fighting to keep the keeps. Lol
  • FatalHitFatalHit Member Posts: 2
    yay 1 hour to go
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by FatalHit
    yay 1 hour to go

Caught in a time warp? Riddle me this "Third word in the OP's original sentence"?

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"