Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Live Forum Q&A With Creative Director Paul Sage -- Tomorrow!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Join us tomorrow at 7PM ET in our Elder Scrolls Online subforum for a live Q&A with The Elder Scrolls Online creative director Paul Sage.

If you've got questions for Paul on The Elder Scrolls Online this is an event you won't want to miss!

Please keep in mind that tomorrow's Q&A is NOT a discussion thread. Simply submit your questions in the thread (or follow-up questions to any of Paul's answers) and allow him a chance to answer.

Remember to be respectful and courteous with your questions. Disrespectful questions, comments, or outright trolling will be dealt with harshly by our moderation team.

If you have any questions about tomorrow's Q&A, feel free to drop 'em in the comments below.

Comments

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Very cool. Maybe we can get some good news
  • zeusypoofszeusypoofs Member Posts: 24
    how do I join the subforum and ask my question? :D
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by zeusypoofs

My guess i that they will pin a topic in the forum (it's just the general forum it seems) with an appropriate title and you will be able to open it and post a question and see the responses.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BujeBuje Member Posts: 3

Yes please! Question here from an Elders Scrolls fan:

"MMORPG's are meant to be "massive" in design, an explorable world, free from "rails". How do you see the Elders Scrolls Online in regards to how massive it is? Is it explorable or predictable?"

Thanks MMORPG.COM & Paul!,

Buje

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Paul will create the thread in the subforum linked in the article here tomorrow at 7PM. We'll create a new news post linking to it once it is live.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Buje

"MMORPG's are meant to be "massive" in design, an explorable world, free from "rails". How do you see the Elders Scrolls Online in regards to how massive it is? Is it explorable or predictable?"

Buje

Please submit this in the thread tomorrow at 7PM ET. This thread is just the announcement. :)

• BujeBuje Member Posts: 3
    Sure, will do! Thanks for the tip MikeB! :)
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

I'd almost be tempted to ask him how many times he's been asked if there will be dragons in the game. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely show up if only to watch and see what goes on.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601
    A point was raised in another article here about "nooks and crannies" and whether ESO will have them in the same density as typical of the ES series. I'd like someone to ask that since I can't be bothered to be here for the event.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Let's make sure we ask these people the right questions instead of the micky mouse question they seem to get asked, now's there chance to impress us over here.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Let's make sure we ask these people the right questions instead of the micky mouse question they seem to get asked, now's there chance to impress us over here.

I really hope someone will have the balls to ask the questions but more importantly I hope Paul has the stomach to answer some of the negative concerns.

I plan on asking about the Exploration Based content and how right now it isn't as good as a TES game, I also intend to ask about endgame PvE and what kinds of systems are they designing to keep players playing past the usual point of when the "shine of a new game" wears off.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

I recently just watched a video and he said you fight to claim a keep with like 200 people for pvp is this true I feel like the battle would never end, and in WoW I get laggy sometimes with 25 man raid, I cant imagine the lag with a 200 player pvp fight. wouldn't it be better to have a normal amount of people in a pvp fight, like 12 per team?

I would really love to see some 2v2, and 3v3 death match!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I recently just watched a video and he said you fight to claim a keep with like 200 people for pvp is this true I feel like the battle would never end, and in WoW I get laggy sometimes with 25 man raid, I cant imagine the lag with a 200 player pvp fight. wouldn't it be better to have a normal amount of people in a pvp fight, like 12 per team?

One of the good things (for people who enjoy PvP) is that there is no instanced battleground or E-sport PvP so no there's no 2's or 3's death match arenas.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I really hope someone will have the balls to ask the questions but more importantly I hope Paul has the stomach to answer some of the negative concerns.

I plan on asking about the Exploration Based content and how right now it isn't as good as a TES game, I also intend to ask about endgame PvE and what kinds of systems are they designing to keep players playing past the usual point of when the "shine of a new game" wears off.

thank god

Originally posted by azzamasin

One of the good things (for people who enjoy PvP) is that there is no instanced battleground or E-sport PvP so no there's no 2's or 3's death match arenas.

i'm sorry but I don't want to be in a big game of risk im not complaining but that's just my opinion.

• GreatArchitectGreatArchitect Member Posts: 6

Looking forward to the live interview!  I'm very glad to see that Zenimax and Paul Sage are remaining very active with the communities and getting new information out there.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Zeusypoofs,

It's True,  If you look at Guild Wars 2 you will find a very similar system in place called World vs World.  It puts 3 different servers against each other for 1 week.  It's nothing abnormal to see a group of 40+ vs 40+ and sure there is mass chaos while everyone is alive but you will eventually end up with one server prevailing over another and able to breach into a tower and take the tower or defend the tower keeping the opposing enemy out.  As far as an estimated time frame of how long a battle like that would last in GW2 I would say about 2 - 3 minutes.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Originally posted by GreatArchitect

Looking forward to the live interview!  I'm very glad to see that Zenimax and Paul Sage are remaining very active with the communities and getting new information out there.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Lol, are you joking?

They have been very closed with the information, this is there first live q&a on any forum with the general public. If you look at how the guys over at Carbine handle the general public you would understand my meaning.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Lol, are you joking?

They have been very closed with the information, this is there first live q&a on any forum with the general public. If you look at how the guys over at Carbine handle the general public you would understand my meaning.

I suppose I could have chosen better wording over "live interview" being it's not an interview.  So I will correct myself in saying looking forward to the live Q&A.

As far as being very closed with their information, yes Zenimax has evaded alot of specific questions about the game and that is expected as it's still early in beta, but that is not to say that Zenimax hasn't said anything at all..... There are multiple interviews on the web if you look in which plenty of information has been given and no it's not just "There will be no dragons" and "There are no cookies in the game" -.- 

First Live Q & A on a forum, you're probably correct there I am not aware of any Live Q & A's that have been done else where on a forum but again there have been multiple Q & A Sessions Paul Sage has been apart of in which some have included some members of the general public.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Lol, are you joking?

As far as being very closed with their information, yes Zenimax has evaded alot of specific questions about the game and that is expected as it's still early in beta, but that is not to say that Zenimax hasn't said anything at all..... There are multiple interviews on the web if you look in which plenty of information has been given and no it's not just "There will be no dragons" and "There are no cookies in the game" -.- 

First Live Q & A on a forum, you're probably correct there I am not aware of any Live Q & A's that have been done else where but again there have been multiple Q & A Sessions Paul Sage has been apart of in which some have included some members of the general public.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Perhaps i need to elaborate, they have said many things but shown us hardly anything, just rehashed vids with must content that was shown over a year ago. Early beta or not, the game is six years in development, the same time ArenaNet started working on GW2.

Yeah some things may chance but there are things they could show us and talk about. We already know the game is instanced and non open world. Can i just walk into buildings without having to load in like in AOC? Can i go to another area without having to complete all the quest in a previous area, will it effect my game if i do?

Will RP be supported even with the mega server, when i say supported i mean like LOTRO, officially supported?

These things i want a straight answer on

Less talk and more action is needed.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Lol, are you joking?

First Live Q & A on a forum, you're probably correct there I am not aware of any Live Q & A's that have been done else where but again there have been multiple Q & A Sessions Paul Sage has been apart of in which some have included some members of the general public.

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

Perhaps i need to elaborate, they have said many things but shown us hardly anything, just rehashed vids with must content that was shown over a year ago.

Less talk and more action is needed.

I would agree with this statement 100%.  The general public has seen very little actual gameplay and in game capabilities / settings from Zenimax themselves.  In my opinion I do think Zenimax needs to ramp up hard proof rather than just statements because statements leads to individual interpretations which can differ for each person.  Showing hard video proof of gameplay and design leaves much less room for different opinions from people.  

Thank you,

Defatank

Great Architect Admin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

There have been older games where you could easily get 200 vs 200 (or more).

This isn't anything new.

You just have to turn down your settings.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by Buje

Buje

While I agree that that's how I also like my mmorpg's.

• Saying that all MMORPG's are meant to be like that is totally your opinion.
    • They have said that TESO isn't an MMORPG on several occasions.  (this will continue to be their cop-out)
    well I think the battles for keeps will get old fast, I just don't like the fact that PvP only consists of fighting for a keep. But I will be happy to do some healing in dungeons instead. :)
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

My Question:

Will Cyrodill provide enough opportunity for those who like small group PvP to be satisfied?  (The reason I ask is that GW2 promised this for their WvW, and our guild has been sorely disappointed, as Zerg vs Zerg crowded out almost every other gameplay style).

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius