Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this p2w? And is pvp fun?

Hello :) Just want to know if this is p2w and if the pvp is fun in this game

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Pay 2 win. PVP is actually really spot on. Its very balanced. Main problem with PVP is the game is pay 2 win.

The open world PVP on the other hand is terrible. It gives all the advantages to the PKer and the victim has almost no chance to even fight back.

• HeavyBadassHeavyBadass Member Posts: 19
    thanks for replying :) Why is it p2w?
  • MaidenberryMaidenberry Member Posts: 30
    Requiem is not pay 2 win. I am currently playing requiem on facebook.
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Maidenberry
    Requiem is not pay 2 win. I am currently playing requiem on facebook.

This Requiem we're talking about?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by anthony21690
    Originally posted by Maidenberry Requiem is not pay 2 win. I am currently playing requiem on facebook.
    This Requiem we're talking about?

I think they redid the game using the Unity Engine so it can play in the browser or as a downloadable client. Unity works really well, actually.

It's been a very long time since I played, but the game wasn't so much pay to win when I played as it was pay to not spend forever grinding the same mindless monsters.

The PvP was OK. I don't know if there's level scaling, but I was in their PvP battlegrounds at level 10, and everyone was a higher level than me. I did OK I think.

It's been a long time though, so that may have changed.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by HeavyBadass
    Hello :) Just want to know if this is p2w and if the pvp is fun in this game

I'd be very careful about asking if something is pay2win on these forums.

Literally every MMO ever made has been labelled pay 2 win here, by multiple people. Pay2win now means (do you get *any* advantage for spending money) apparently, which literally applies to everything.

If you want to know if something is legit pay2win (you can buy stronger gear / power with real money), I'd suggest you specify that.

- Unfortunately it's been so long since I last played this game I can't give you the answer myself =/

The game has not been redone on the Unity engine. The game uses HTML5 to create a DirectX socket for players to use the game through a browser, then uses Kalydo technology to piece-meal the data to the player.

Once you start to go above level 65 you will realize the game is pay 2 win. The entire reason is the reinforcement system in the game. Each reinforce adds 5~10% increase to 3 stats. This means a +30 item has a +150% increase in damage/HP/or Armor, and a +300% increase in base stats. At lower levels reinforcing is not much of an issue as each reinforce is in the realm of possibility.

After 65, the reinforce chances significantly go down with the cost of each reinforce going significantly up with a marginal change in the lant generated. If we look at a level 65 item, the reinforce requires 35 Eximius Xeons at an average cost of 500 lant each, and 42k lant. So we are looking at a reinforce that will cost about 60k. The chances beyond +10 run about 50% chance of success. If we look at level 79 items, we are looking at around 60 of the rarest Xeon that cost about 10k each. The reinforce about 2 million lant each. The success chance for the first reinforce is around 60%, and after +20 gets is a 0% success chance. The only way you can improve the weapon is to buy from the cash shop at that point which squarely puts it in the pay to win category.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Cleffy

The game has not been redone on the Unity engine. The game uses HTML5 to create a DirectX socket for players to use the game through a browser, then uses Kalydo technology to piece-meal the data to the player.

Once you start to go above level 65 you will realize the game is pay 2 win. The entire reason is the reinforcement system in the game. Each reinforce adds 5~10% increase to 3 stats. This means a +30 item has a +150% increase in damage/HP/or Armor, and a +300% increase in base stats. At lower levels reinforcing is not much of an issue as each reinforce is in the realm of possibility.

After 65, the reinforce chances significantly go down with the cost of each reinforce going significantly up with a marginal change in the lant generated. If we look at a level 65 item, the reinforce requires 35 Eximius Xeons at an average cost of 500 lant each, and 42k lant. So we are looking at a reinforce that will cost about 60k. The chances beyond +10 run about 50% chance of success. If we look at level 79 items, we are looking at around 60 of the rarest Xeon that cost about 10k each. The reinforce about 2 million lant each. The success chance for the first reinforce is around 60%, and after +20 gets is a 0% success chance. The only way you can improve the weapon is to buy from the cash shop at that point which squarely puts it in the pay to win category.

After +20 it is 0% confirmed via data mining the database of the game? Are there people with +21s in the game? Sorry I am just looking at this and going "dafuq..."... and I've heard the L2 horror stories with trying to get +14 swords.

Most of the upgrades were done during upgrade events with cash shop insurance and increased success chances. This is done on the client version which has had the time to increase these weapons. There are +30 level 79 items, and there is a point when the success chance is 0.
  • HeavyBadassHeavyBadass Member Posts: 19

pay2win is not necessarily being able to buy better items with real money it could be more than this

-stat enhancement (that you can only get from the item mall)

-ridiculously low equipment enhancement chances compared to item mall enhancement

it could also be pay2win if you have to grind a ridiculously high amount of time to get the best gear

If you want to know about the higher level gear, then you do have to grind a ridiculously long amount of time to get it. Only 1 or 2 gear drop from a raid that usually takes 15 or more, and melee usually are not invited to these raids because melee are affected by the AOEs. There are cash shop items that allow you to raid as often as you want, otherwise its twice a week. There are also cash shop items that double the chance of getting gear which is pretty essential on raids.

Then there are cash shop items that increase stats like costumes and event stat boost items obtained only through the item mall. These items have been incorporated into the high level gameplay by the devs and the monsters are weighted expecting you to have all of them.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    I was thinking about giving this game a shot again. I used to play it back in 09 and thought the game was fairly decent back then. I am not to happy to hear that it has become more P2W than it used to be. Oh well, the search for a good F2P mmo continues!