Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Get ready for the Hype to start!

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I'm as excited for EQN as anyone, but I've been through the SOE ride before. I hope you all realize that the info you hear about EQN in a couple of weeks will be EXACTLY what you want to hear. Weather the game ends up featuring any of it is another story. Don't forget the past, it prevents us from making the same mistakes again in the future.

Comments

• DejoblueDejoblue Youngstown, OHPosts: 296Member Uncommon
    Like Hero Classes and Dance Studio and Dwarf Mages and Path of the Titans and Guild Bound Legendaries.......wait a minute that's another game.....nevermind.
  • WW4BWWW4BW KoldingPosts: 493Member
    Originally posted by Tierless

I'm as excited for EQN as anyone, but I've been through the SOE ride before. I hope you all realize that the info you hear about EQN in a couple of weeks will be EXACTLY what you want to hear. Weather the game ends up featuring any of it is another story. Don't forget the past, it prevents us from making the same mistakes again in the future.

OOOoh!! You mean official hype.. I was wondering what people had been doing on this forum for 2 months if it wasnt hyping :P

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by WW4BW
    Originally posted by Tierless I'm as excited for EQN as anyone, but I've been through the SOE ride before. I hope you all realize that the info you hear about EQN in a couple of weeks will be EXACTLY what you want to hear. Weather the game ends up featuring any of it is another story. Don't forget the past, it prevents us from making the same mistakes again in the future.
     OOOoh!! You mean official hype.. I was wondering what people had been doing on this forum for 2 months if it wasnt hyping :P

The hype here is been insane, and thats coming from a CU fan!

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member

I know, right?

I'm anxious for info on EQN, EQ1 being my first MMO way back when.  But at least the forums aren't crazy like they were with CU or that other game that I get banned for talking about..

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• SabasSabas herzelePosts: 197Member

Aaw comme on;

are we calling any form of exitement hype these days?

People are just chatting about the things they enjoy(ed) about the EQ franchise.

With some random speculation thrown in for good measure.

The hype hasn't even started!

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Tierless I'm as excited for EQN as anyone, but I've been through the SOE ride before. I hope you all realize that the info you hear about EQN in a couple of weeks will be EXACTLY what you want to hear. Weather the game ends up featuring any of it is another story. Don't forget the past, it prevents us from making the same mistakes again in the future.

The hype here is been insane, and thats coming from a CU fan!

No less amount of hype then any other game on this site.  From FFXIV to Camelot Unchained.  Some people are just hungry for a good MMO. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member
    There's no way the game could live up to all the expectations no matter how it actually is. I may end up not liking it, or if I like it, you might hate it, etc. It's probably going to be something that is a bit unique but doesn't alter anyone's life. Probably more in the median than on the far ends of the curve where excellence is concerned I'm thinking.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

hype to start?

I thought that shark was already jumped when EQN got best of show for *unknown* reasons

• TibbzTibbz Houston, TXPosts: 619Member
    Originally posted by Nadia

hype to start?

I thought that shark was already jumped when EQN got best of show for *unknown* reasons

I am still awaiting to poop my pants..  : )

• WaterlilyWaterlily parisPosts: 2,973Member Uncommon

Get ready for the hype to die if what we see in 2 weeks isn't amazing.

Their graphics / gameplay need to be out of this world if they want to keep their hype train going.

They pretty much claimed this would blow our socks off, so did MMORPG.COM, so did TenTonHammer.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    If you go in "expecting" complete garbage, then you are almost guaranteed to be pleasantly surprised! This method works! Really it does!!
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Phoenix, AZPosts: 823Member Uncommon

What do you mean " about " ? It's already started. You're behind the curve.

• AeliousAelious Portland, ORPosts: 2,853Member Uncommon
    Everyone is responsible for thier own emotional attachment, I don't see why it's anyone else's business how it turns out. At best you read whining and complaining but you can choose not to read it, right? I find it more amusing to see others posting "reality check PSAs" like they are doing anyone a favor. We all know why they do it...

OP you do know that there will be a playable version of EQN on the 2nd right? It's not just a bullet point list of features and a few gameplay videos. People will be playing it. However there may be items that are "planned" but not available. Those items indeed will be need to be looked at with skepticism.
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAPosts: 924Member Uncommon

I believe its called hyperventilating.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• CamoebCamoeb Goshen, CTPosts: 53Member
    There's alot of nostalgia around the franchise to begin with. Between that and the fact that there's really no MMO worth playing right now it makes it incredibly easy for SOE to hype this up and get everyone excited about a game that there is literally zero information known about. I realize that I'm just as guilty as everyone else right now though.
  • MendelMendel Marietta, GAPosts: 924Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Get ready for the hype to die if what we see in 2 weeks isn't amazing.

Their graphics / gameplay need to be out of this world if they want to keep their hype train going.

They pretty much claimed this would blow our socks off, so did MMORPG.COM, so did TenTonHammer.

We've gotten very few facts about EQN so far, and this community is arguing over those (witness the various subscription vs free-to-play thread).   Once August 2 comes and goes, I expect the number of threads we see in this sub-forum to really explode, both from hype and hate.

I hope MMORPG.com has the bandwidth (and staff) to survive the glut of information and the various reactions / rants / raves / interpretations / arguments / polls / opinions / speculation / whining / etc.,  that the release of actual facts will generate.    Staffers, keep your ban-hammers at hand!

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.