Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long would it take

BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

for me to be viable in pvp after I start playing?

I play about 2-3 hours a night minus the weekend.

Also, is this game still not working on the steam client b/c I heard it wasn't.

Thanks

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

at 2-3 hours, 5 days a week...

3 or 4 weeks probably.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Probably what Lust said, i'd suggest you get into a noob friendly clan asap :)

As for Steam i'm unsure, might be fixed now but you can always use the official launcher even if you buy from steam

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Probably what Lust said, i'd suggest you get into a noob friendly clan asap :)

As for Steam i'm unsure, might be fixed now but you can always use the official launcher even if you buy from steam

Steam is a better option. I have not had any issues.  Beside you can always switch  to direct if you don't like Steam.  But not the other way around.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    if you stay in group for pvp you will be ok after about 4 weeks but solo and you will be dead quicker than you blink.i see players roaming in groups all with 180+ pp one guy had 202 pp basically there have every stat/skill available.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by natpick
    if you stay in group for pvp you will be ok after about 4 weeks but solo and you will be dead quicker than you blink.i see players roaming in groups all with 180+ pp one guy had 202 pp basically there have every stat/skill available.

He/she can always roll a Dex warrior who are forbidden from dying :-)

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

A player named Ellie Goulding could school most players with 100k prowess or higher and that player (not sure if he or she) only had 10k prowess.  I know they dualed a few different people and won about 50% of the fights.  There is some skill involved in the game too.

10k prowess could be a single weekend or a few week days depending on who you roll with.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    At 33k prowess I can't defeat any player 1v1, 100k... 150k prowess... 100k and skilled themselves. It doesn't matter, once you reach a the viable stage it's mostly down to skill.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Thanks for all the replies guys. It sounds like a brutal, brutal world.

Will def check it out image

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

before you play make sure to take the time to research what kinds of stuff to accomplish to get you prowess fast.  that is, if you care about how fast you can get to "pvp viability".

I know when i started, I kind of did it on my own and it put me behind the players who knew what theheck they were doing.  it doesnt bother me, but i wanted to say so in case it bothers you

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins