Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SHOCKED by firefall !!

LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

im editing the post to swap my post with notimeforbs, obviously he described the situation much better than me and my spanglish 8_D

So, I was playing the beta for FireFall for a week or so: lots of dumping, crafting, and exploring.  You know... the regular stuff.  At any rate, today I went to a "red zone."  It had been taken over by the aliens (or whatever they are called), so I decided to help get it back.  I knew this would be tough, but luckily there were other players nearby.  So we grouped up!

We started blasting these aliens a new one when, out of nowhere, this huge torrent of pure energy spawned from the black of Satan's ass on top of the tower above us.  It was righteous, I tell you - complete with these gnarly shards of death made from the same stuff your worst nightmare is made of, swirling all around us!

So, the ten of us were scared shit-less and, naturally, start blowing everything away.  We didn't care what it was.  If it was moving, it was toast!  After about ten minutes of this beautiful carnage, I was like, "Damn - that was hard... This.  Game.  Is.  AWESOME!"  But nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

Obviously, our prowess had not yet been tested fully, as we were able to correct whatever meteorological mishap had just materialized before our very eyes.  Oh no - the game was only toying with us all this time, and beckoned for our continued punishment.  Our reward was a portal... a doorway to, I shit you not, Hell itself.  It appeared before us at the base of the raging funnel for a brief moment of destiny.  Only five of the most worthy in our numbers were able to venture forward into the unknown abyss. 

We were mystically transported to... to... there are no words to describe the epitome of fear incarnate.  Forgive me, brethren.  It is the place that shall not be named.  Imagine the most terrifying, vexing thought... and then imagine it was the place where I stood.  Legions of these indescribable rage entities clawed at us, yearning to devour our very existence, while the voices of eternity echoed into our minds informing us that we needed to harvest the crystals within this horrific domain.

I will never be able to accurately recount the terror we faced when our disemboweled corpses stained the earth beneath us.  The amount of projectile death was insurmountable and never-ending.  The numbers of the alien horde were never reduced by any recordable degree.  But this place... was spectacular, my friends.  I have seen the fascinating truth.  I have seen it. 

And it is because I have seen it, that I can tell you one thing as an absolute fact:  FireFall....  FireFall is worth it.

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

Comments

• rlsquared2rlsquared2 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I cant understand this post. 

• Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86

I would imagine that English isn't the OP's primary language. That said, I didn't have a problem with it. I had a pretty good mental vision of what he described.

Glad you liked your experience OP.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Lukooone

So, I was playing the beta for FireFall for a week or so: lots of dumping, crafting, and exploring.  You know... the regular stuff.  At any rate, today I went to a "red zone."  It had been taken over by the aliens (or whatever they are called), so I decided to help get it back.  I knew this would be tough, but luckily there were other players nearby.  So we grouped up!

We started blasting these aliens a new one when, out of nowhere, this huge torrent of pure energy spawned from the black of Satan's ass on top of the tower above us.  It was righteous, I tell you - complete with these gnarly shards of death made from the same stuff your worst nightmare is made of, swirling all around us!

So, the ten of us were scared shit-less and, naturally, start blowing everything away.  We didn't care what it was.  If it was moving, it was toast!  After about ten minutes of this beautiful carnage, I was like, "Damn - that was hard... This.  Game.  Is.  AWESOME!"  But nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

Obviously, our prowess had not yet been tested fully, as we were able to correct whatever meteorological mishap had just materialized before our very eyes.  Oh no - the game was only toying with us all this time, and beckoned for our continued punishment.  Our reward was a portal... a doorway to, I shit you not, Hell itself.  It appeared before us at the base of the raging funnel for a brief moment of destiny.  Only five of the most worthy in our numbers were able to venture forward into the unknown abyss. 

We were mystically transported to... to... there are no words to describe the epitome of fear incarnate.  Forgive me, brethren.  It is the place that shall not be named.  Imagine the most terrifying, vexing thought... and then imagine it was the place where I stood.  Legions of these indescribable rage entities clawed at us, yearning to devour our very existence, while the voices of eternity echoed into our minds informing us that we needed to harvest the crystals within this horrific domain.

I will never be able to accurately recount the terror we faced when our disemboweled corpses stained the earth beneath us.  The amount of projectile death was insurmountable and never-ending.  The numbers of the alien horde were never reduced by any recordable degree.  But this place... was spectacular, my friends.  I have seen the fascinating truth.  I have seen it. 

And it is because I have seen it, that I can tell you one thing as an absolute fact:  FireFall....  FireFall is worth it.

Fixed.

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs

Fixed.

Many thanks sir! You did it much better than me while keeping the feeling on!

No, english is not my first lenguaje, im sorry for that.

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    OK sounds great but is the game, in general, a linear, quest driven ThemePark or...?
  • worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403

Fixed.

Great translation.  Might even be better than FIrefall itself!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Notimeforbs, you should charge for your services.  

• DarkGulrakDarkGulrak Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by Yamota
    OK sounds great but is the game, in general, a linear, quest driven ThemePark or...?

Nope. Not. At. All. Firefall is more akin to a sandboxyish world with crafting being a major component to the game. The visuals are amazing, New Eden is gorgeous to look at ( my opinion ), and gliding has to be one of the most fun ways to get around in an MMO.

It can sometimes get a bit confusing for new players since it doesn't hand hold as much after the initial tutorial, but it's easy enough to pickup and understand stuff as you play. The game as no levels per se, most of the content can be done in stock gear and frames, however doing so you are making it tough on yourself if you do not at least upgrade your weapons.. The upgrading of frames and gear does give you a small vertical progression in power, but its not as much as in other MMOs. However upgrading does allow you to better handle content. I am kinda new as well and there is more I need to learn, especially the intricacies of crafting.

Great variety in the battleframes and it easy to unlock one of the advanced frames. The game simply has no p2w stuff in it, the entire game can be enjoyed for free. At the very least people should give Firefall a whirl, it's different. May not fit everyone's taste though, and you might be one of those turned off by the game's apparent lack of direction past the tutorial. Hope you have fun.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Fixed.

Many thanks sir! You did it much better than me while keeping the feeling on!

No, english is not my first lenguaje, im sorry for that.

Dude don't be sorry for your English, if my Spanish was half as good as your English I'd be well happy. imageAs for the game I have no interest in it at all, one cartoon MMO has been enough for my life thanks.

Bandit

Asbo

• GreezGreez Member Posts: 103
    From what I've heard this game sounds a lot like Huxley.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    This post was better then the game was, nicely done :P
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

Fixed.

Epic Fix. I'd like to give this game enough of a chance to enjoy.. I just didn't get past the intro honestly. Sounds promising though.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I didnt have a problem getting the OP message. And i can say that the game is Fun, but the event he described with the tornado and the portal dont happen very often (which is good). The issue i have with the game is The limited amount of content you can do in between tornado events, can get very repetitive (thumping, chosen events, Ares, Fixing LGV and thumpers and the occacional melding event).

I think exploration could be more rewarding as well. Theres no point in exploring the world at this point.

EDIT: the Ares misisons could pop up randomly in the world, that way you are encouraged more to explore. Not just having them marked on the map since day one.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Just like rifts were exciting for 2 days in rift.

FYI, this has been in for months.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I was playing beta for a week or so, much dumping... crafting... exploring... you know...

But today I go to a zone in red, it was like conquered by the aliens or whatever they are that choosens and its "things" so I decided to help to recover it.

We were fighting the choosens when something like a energy tornado with flying shards spawned at the towers top.

Ok, the around 10 persons in the fight start to shoot any alive thing and then the shards. After 10 mins of fight I was like a bit impressed by the difficulty of the encounter but hell, worst part still havent come up!

When we managed to kill all the flying shards and disband the tornado a portal spawned for like 3 secs in the tornados "feet" and around 5 persons including myself were able to click it.

Then we were transported to "I the hell dunno where but out of the map " with an horde of pissed "things" trying to kill us while some voices telled us that unknow material crystals were spawning close to us and we need to harvest them.

I cant tell you the difficulty of this or describe our horrible death while trying to Dodge all kind of proyectiles, shots and melee pissed aliens in a spectacular and fascinating environment.

I just can tell you one thing now I know for sure : Firefall worths it !!

As far as I know the game is going places another developers didnt had the balls to go.

OMG even Babelfish has a hard time converting this.

Take this for what it's worth... please try to proof read your posts before submitting them.  

Ratero.

Originally posted by Naowut

Just like rifts were exciting for 2 days in rift.

FYI, this has been in for months.

the problem with Rift is that you have a million different Rifts that are all the same with different color, mobs, and names, but same experience with each on of them.

My fun with FireFall is limited but  longer than with Rifts in Rift

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I didnt have a problem getting the OP message. And i can say that the game is Fun, but the event he described with the tornado and the portal dont happen very often (which is good). The issue i have with the game is The limited amount of content you can do in between tornado events, can get very repetitive (thumping, chosen events, Ares, Fixing LGV and thumpers and the occacional melding event).

I think exploration could be more rewarding as well. Theres no point in exploring the world at this point.

EDIT: the Ares misisons could pop up randomly in the world, that way you are encouraged more to explore. Not just having them marked on the map since day one.

You understood it because you've done it before :P

But I agree with the rest of what you said. The events are cool and it's great that this isn't a follwo the yellow brick road quest game but the serious lack of content or sandbox things for people to do make the game the type you play a few days every few months.

The game is coming along but...so is christmas.

Originally posted by Rhonen

I was playing beta for a week or so, much dumping... crafting... exploring... you know...

But today I go to a zone in red, it was like conquered by the aliens or whatever they are that choosens and its "things" so I decided to help to recover it.

We were fighting the choosens when something like a energy tornado with flying shards spawned at the towers top.

Ok, the around 10 persons in the fight start to shoot any alive thing and then the shards. After 10 mins of fight I was like a bit impressed by the difficulty of the encounter but hell, worst part still havent come up!

When we managed to kill all the flying shards and disband the tornado a portal spawned for like 3 secs in the tornados "feet" and around 5 persons including myself were able to click it.

Then we were transported to "I the hell dunno where but out of the map " with an horde of pissed "things" trying to kill us while some voices telled us that unknow material crystals were spawning close to us and we need to harvest them.

I cant tell you the difficulty of this or describe our horrible death while trying to Dodge all kind of proyectiles, shots and melee pissed aliens in a spectacular and fascinating environment.

I just can tell you one thing now I know for sure : Firefall worths it !!

As far as I know the game is going places another developers didnt had the balls to go.

OMG even Babelfish has a hard time converting this.

Take this for what it's worth... please try to proof read your posts before submitting them.  

Ratero.

Are you really having trouble interpreting what he said? English isnt my first language just like the OP and Im pretty sure your english is better than mine but still i perfectly understood The OP post in english. And already answered in another post about what he said. Also, "take this for what is worth", are you suggesting that just because he lacked in english the post means nothing?....... seriously people.....

Originally posted by Greez

Did you play Huxley? i think it never launched here in NA. I wanted to play it so bad...... Is it any good?

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

I mostly get stuck on how ultra-bland Firefall's PVE gameplay is, and how hard it is to locate anything remotely challenging (which wasn't even a particularly interesting challenge, just higher incoming DPS vs. lower (relative) outgoing DPS.)

Oh, and that tougher challenge was the same tornado the OP goes wild about.  Unloading clip after clip into slowly-moving enemy mobs is really boring.

Especially given that we already have Defiance and Global Agenda doing this sort of PVE FPS gameplay better (not to mention games like L4D which blow all of those titles out of the water in terms of coop PVE FPS fun.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    This game is a blast to play. It might be hard for those used to a lot of quest npc's standing around because there are non. You play through a basic tutorial and your on your own from there. Its up to you what you want to do. And yeah to the op. Those kinds of things happen a lot and are crazy fun. I think people need to think of this game as a shooter first mmo second. Which makes it kind of unique from whats out there.
  • LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

Every time I play it and found a base somewhere behind a cascade or a I just enter a hole in the ground to find a big alienated complex infested of creatures I feel myself more and more inmersed in this world.

Fun, immersive, graphically amazing and free... what more can I say?

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    the op was actually hilarious cause i understood.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Greez

Did you play Huxley? i think it never launched here in NA. I wanted to play it so bad...... Is it any good?

It launched (well the beta did anyway)... I don't think it ever actually released though. I could be wrong.. I know for sure about the Beta though as I played it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Yamota

Why don't you worry less about whether it is a themepark, sandbox, linear, non-linear, WHATEVER and just try the FREE game yourself. Then, if you are having fun - great - keep on playing. If you aren't having fun, no worries, you can uninstall and play something else.