Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild to be Released August 22nd

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have announced that the first module, Fury of the Feywild, will be released on August 22nd and will be free to all players. In addition, the team has announced a new "Knight of the Feywild" package for $59.99 and the Feywild Starter Pack for $19.99. Both will include in game items and more. 

Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios are pleased to announce that the widely-acclaimed free action MMORPG Neverwinter, set in the Dungeons & Dragons® Forgotten Realms® universe from Wizards of the Coast, is launching its first content expansion, Fury of the Feywild, on August 22, 2013. This free Module allows players to explore the enchanted woods of Sharandar, play as Sun and Moon Elves, collect new weapons and items, earn new rewards, encounter new creatures, and much more.

"We're excited to announce the release date of our first free expansion - what we and D&D fans call a Module - for Neverwinter." said Cryptic Studios CEO, Jack Emmert. "Come August 22, we're releasing our first expansion. That's less than two months from launch; pretty cool. New and exciting content is at the heart of making and expanding a persistent world. Our goal is to deliver engaging and constant updates to our players so that they always have something new to discover in game. Fury of the Feywild is the first of many Modules to come in Neverwinter."

Fury of the Feywild, the first Module for Neverwinter, is a free content expansion that chronicles an attempt by Fomorian Giants to seize the Elven outpost of Sharandar. More details about Fury of the Feywild can be found on the official website: http://nw.perfectworld.com/module1

"This new content for Neverwinter continues to support our goal of creating fantastic digital D&D experiences,” said Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “Neverwinter is one of D&D's most iconic settings, and Fury of the Feywild is a fantastic addition to keep this exciting story going.”

Perfect World Entertainment Inc. is also pleased to unveil first details for the Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Pack and Feywild Starter Pack. Starting today, Neverwinter fans can get their hands on two new packs that will help them on their quests throughout Sharandar.

The two versions of the Feywild Pack available for purchase are:

Knight of the Feywild Pack

The Knight of the Feywild Pack costs $59.99 USD (valued at $149.99) and supplies adventurers with virtual goods to aid them in their quest for glory:

• Unique 'Moon Elf' Race

• Unique 'Dawn Unicorn' Mount

• Unique 'Sylph Companion'

• New Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set

• Loamweave Enchantment

• Stone of Earth

• Unique 'Knight of the Feywild' In-game Title

• One Extra Character Slot

• Adventurer's Helper Pack, containing Six Different Types of In-game Items

• 600,000 Astral Diamonds, an In-game Currency

Feywild Starter Pack

The Feywild Starter Pack costs $19.99 USD (valued at $49.99) and supplies adventurers with virtual goods to aid them in their quest for glory:

• Unique ‘Portal Hound’ Companion

• Feywild Hunter's Ring

• Fine Elven Silk Bag

• Adventurer's Helper Pack, containing Six Different Types of In-game Items

To take advantage of these pack offers, players may visit: http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/

Neverwinter is a free action MMORPG that features fast-paced action combat with epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city and battling its many enemies. In Neverwinter, players can also create their own quests and campaigns with the Foundry, a user-generated content tool. Foundry quests and stories can then be seamlessly integrated into the live game world.

Find out more about Fury of the Feywild on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196

The right hand is out of my pocket with coin, in goes the left.

That aside, its still a fun game til you reach max level, like so many of the others.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

1) No content for another month and a half? How long did they really think Gauntlgrym would last? Also the current endgame seriously lacks challenge.

2) The monetisation is out of hand, the founders packs were fine, but now they are just taking the piss. Will they be having these overpriced packs with every module? Will it be exclusive classes next?

3) It has been well over 60 days, where is Drow?

Just far too greedy. The sad thing is people would have actually spent more cash on the game if the prices were reasonable, like $5 for bags, outfits and companions, $10 for mounts.  

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    An expansion for 60 bucks? So short after release for mostly fancy? Are they drunk??

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Elikal
    An expansion for 60 bucks? So short after release for mostly fancy? Are they drunk??

The expansion is free, but one of the two new races (Moon elves, actually the most common elf in DnD) is locked away in a 60 buck pack. Its on par with the original founder packs, but I agree it is in poor taste when the game needs so much work to get long term appeal.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I see they are following same content pack monetization plan as STO.

Game is barely two month old and they release another 60 dollar pack.

*slow clap for Cryptic*

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Fun game until you reach level 60, then I found it incredibly boring and lacking in stuff to do.
    Originally posted by evilastro

The expansion is free, but one of the two new races (Moon elves, actually the most common elf in DnD) is locked away in a 60 buck pack. Its on par with the original founder packs, but I agree it is in poor taste when the game needs so much work to get long term appeal.

It's still close to robbery. People want the new races, like Drow before, and they only sell it with heaps of glittery trash nobody really needs, just to crank up the price!

ANYTHING in this game is overpriced!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

It's still close to robbery. People want the new races, like Drow before, and they only sell it with heaps of glittery trash nobody really needs, just to crank up the price!

Sometimes i feel glad that i have an old STO account with 3 alts. I make 1500 zen a week from dilithium. I won't spend a dime and buy this pack through zen i made from playing STO.

But still i couldn't help but /facepalm to see another pack sold for 60 bucks  just after 2 months of release.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Miiiiiiilking it.

Bad form. I don't think I'll ever revisit this game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Seriously...is anyone REALLY gonna feign surprise at this cashgrab? Anyone with any knowledge of the history surrounding this game and Cryptic should know better.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

1) No content for another month and a half? How long did they really think Gauntlgrym would last? Also the current endgame seriously lacks challenge.

2) The monetisation is out of hand, the founders packs were fine, but now they are just taking the piss. Will they be having these overpriced packs with every module? Will it be exclusive classes next?

Just far too greedy. The sad thing is people would have actually spent more cash on the game if the prices were reasonable, like $5 for bags, outfits and companions, $10 for mounts.  

I'm sure they're making more than enough money as it is. The packs are actually a good idea, optional additions for a fee but the actual content is free.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Sometimes i feel glad that i have an old STO account with 3 alts. I make 1500 zen a week from dilithium. I won't spend a dime and buy this pack through zen i made from playing STO.

But still i couldn't help but /facepalm to see another pack sold for 60 bucks  just after 2 months of release.

umm...one, you can't buy the packs with Zen. Two, you can't transfer Zen from one game to another. So either you are lying, or don't actually play either game.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Another toilet bound MMO, I actually liked the combat, but the greed is too much. 
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Still no Drow?  Whatever happened to Drow with the official release?  And I take it the $200 rip off founder pack has their Drow race enabled?

And with the Moon Elf unlock, whatever happened to all races will be free?  I can see fluff races like the tattoo Drow granted their racial ability wasn't advantageous being paid for, but iconic races?  Racial unlock should be looks only, like the tattoos of that Drow tribe.

Seems like horrible CS decisions continue thanks to PWE.

Originally posted by BloodyViking
    Seriously...is anyone REALLY gonna feign surprise at this cashgrab? Anyone with any knowledge of the history surrounding this game and Cryptic should know better.

What I didn't expect is em going against their word.  They specifically stated that races will be free.  I can see fluff races like you want a tattoo Drow, even though it was massively overpriced, but an iconic race like the Moon Elf? 

At this rate when they do add Dragonbound it will be only via a "founder's pack" like the Moon Elf.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

This was actually my first experience with PWE

Be assured it's the last.

Originally posted by JudgeUK

This was actually my first experience with PWE

Be assured it's the last.

Same, I was gonna try the game later on whenever they finally release some classes that really intrested me like a War Priest, Avenger, Paladin, Druid, or something.  But after this I doubt I will ever touch the game with a 10 ft pole.  Thk god I'll be busy as hell with school when school kicks up again and the Spring semester which by then ESO or Wildstar will be out to keep my attention with a fresh new MMO.

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132
    It pays off to do some research before investing in an MMO. Always be weary about first-time MMO developers and MMO-developers with a reputation for dishonesty or cashgrabbing.
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

Yeah, their choice of monetisation drew me away from the game shortly after launch. Could've been good but the game is just a waste in my eyes now. 

No way i'm paying 60 bucks for a race or 40 for a mount etc. And where is the archer type class, you know a staple of any fantasy game, it' almost august lol.

Originally posted by black_isle

Yeah, their choice of monetisation drew me away from the game shortly after launch. Could've been good but the game is just a waste in my eyes now. 

No way i'm paying 60 bucks for a race or 40 for a mount etc. And where is the archer type class, you know a staple of any fantasy game, it' almost august lol.

Especially for another Elf race! Hello? Who needs that?

If it were those Dragon-things - whatever they were called in 4e. That would be at least tempting. Or Avariel, winged Elves. But just Moonelfs? Ridiculous.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Neverwinter needs to go away.

This game is shameful.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

umm...one, you can't buy the packs with Zen. Two, you can't transfer Zen from one game to another. So either you are lying, or don't actually play either game.

And three, with the actual rate of 112, that 1500 zen / week means that getting 8k dilly on every single day on all 3 alts :) which is around 3-4 hours a day if you have a decent group... wow.

I definitely wouldn't waste that much time for farming, but that's just me I guess :)

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This game was never made for the fans of Dungeons & Dragons. It was solely made for profit. Quite sad really.

Smile

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

SO SAD!

Don't bother to fix anything just add another shiny money grab so the FOOOOOOLS will buy it like candy and add to the greed that is PWE. This game lost it's appeal for anything resembling a real D&D experience long ago. Now the true fans wait yet again for a real D&D game to be made.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its a ftp game. They need to make money somehow.  You aren't being forced to buy any of this so what's the problem? Wait let me guess, "We want everything free and we want it all right now"

That said, I would like to see races/classes sold by themselves.