Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Groupfinder

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The one thing still realy missing is an ingame groupfinder for the Instanced group stuff, cant be that hard to add one can it?

And dont give me this bullshit that it does not fit in the design strategy, because if there is one single game where it would fit, its GW2.  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Yes, it is that hard to add/implement.  They're trying to design one that's not like the other MMO's have.  Also, what A.Net wants to incorporate is every DE, every zone, WvW maps, sPvP stand-alones, AND the dungeons.   That's a big list of things that they have to set up a system for.   But, they want to set them up for individual servers (i.e. DE's/WvW) and then multi-server when it comes to dungeons (which currently can be cross server played, still within the respective regions though).

In the mean time:  gw2lfg.com or /map "LFG whatever".  COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER PEOPLE! 

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    They are going to have one, they are just really slow about implementing it.  The LFG function that the game has now is a joke.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Yes, it is that hard to add/implement.  They're trying to design one that's not like the other MMO's have.  Also, what A.Net wants to incorporate is every DE, every zone, WvW maps, sPvP stand-alones, AND the dungeons.   That's a big list of things that they have to set up a system for.   But, they want to set them up for individual servers (i.e. DE's/WvW) and then multi-server when it comes to dungeons (which currently can be cross server played, still within the respective regions though).

In the mean time:  gw2lfg.com or /map "LFG whatever".  COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER PEOPLE! 

why it need to be different?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Well I think it's not so important as most people use gw2lfg.com and I think they also know this. Not that it wouldn't be great to have a decent one in game just that it's not super imperative. 
  • BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The one thing still realy missing is an ingame groupfinder for the Instanced group stuff, cant be that hard to add one can it?

And dont give me this bullshit that it does not fit in the design strategy, because if there is one single game where it would fit, its GW2.  

Here's a reason for you.

It ruins the social aspect. You know 'LF?' in chat, and meeting people through groups. Yeah, that. Also, GW2 isn't WoW, so they don't need to implement the same feature.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Anet is on record in saying LFG is coming.

Think I read 'summer 2013' but can't recall where.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/VOTE-Do-we-need-party-finder-Yes-No/page/2#post807607

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

they're already doing it :P

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

This is very upsetting to me.

They could have just left the one from GW1 in there and then worked on expanding it at a later date.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by BatCakez

Here's a reason for you.

It ruins the social aspect. You know 'LF?' in chat, and meeting people through groups. Yeah, that. Also, GW2 isn't WoW, so they don't need to implement the same feature.

This is not true at all.  There isn't any "social aspect" being ruined.  Socialization is a broad word that covers many aspects of life, whether outside of a game or in game.  By typing "LFG ...",  how does this exactly enhance socialization to you?  If anything, you would get better socialization, via chatting, if you form a group faster.  Let's not forget about how dungeons are designed in the first place.  They are action-oriented and fast-paced, which means people chat less, unless the group is using voice chat.  It's funny when people bring this up, but never specify what kind of "socialization" they want.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

Here's a reason for you.

Social aspect? Oh you mean LFG must have Berzerker gear! , then rush the instance never once speaking to anyone in the group? Is that what we call social in GW2?

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Oh, those groups are out there.  I see them all the time.  That said I have never been part of one.  All the runs I've been in have had plenty of talking and communicating, something that I haven't seen since TBC.
  • IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Thupli
    Oh, those groups are out there.  I see them all the time.  That said I have never been part of one.  All the runs I've been in have had plenty of talking and communicating, something that I haven't seen since TBC.

Not the point. 

The point is that social aspects are ruined players and game design, and has nothing to do with how easy it is to find a group.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by observer

Here's a reason for you.

This is not true at all.  There isn't any "social aspect" being ruined.  Socialization is a broad word that covers many aspects of life, whether outside of a game or in game.  By typing "LFG ...",  how does this exactly enhance socialization to you?  If anything, you would get better socialization, via chatting, if you form a group faster.  Let's not forget about how dungeons are designed in the first place.  They are action-oriented and fast-paced, which means people chat less, unless the group is using voice chat.  It's funny when people bring this up, but never specify what kind of "socialization" they want.

when you form your own group by talking to people instead of letting a computer program do it for you, that is socialization. i like to talk to my team first and get to know them before commit to an hour+ long endeavor with them.  i played multiplayer games during the age of msn*zone where you joined a chatroom before you entered a multiplayer game and almost every single game played was well coordinated, well planned, and involved a lot of teamwork. then random-join pub games came along and zerg-clusterfck  gaming was invented. then these zerg-clusterfck players would get angry whenever premades would come along and mop the floor with everybody. same thing happens with dungeon finder. you get randomly made teams that are filled with sucky, noob, impatient players, that wipe on boss 1 and then QQ to the devs to nerf the content.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

I agree.

I also wonder when they will put in an automated combat system as well; this is a feature of many modern MMOs and it needs to be in the game.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

http://gw2lfg.com/

here it is. everyone is using it.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Originally posted by observer

Here's a reason for you.

when you form your own group by talking to people instead of letting a computer program do it for you, that is socialization. i like to talk to my team first and get to know them before commit to an hour+ long endeavor with them.  i played multiplayer games during the age of msn*zone where you joined a chatroom before you entered a multiplayer game and almost every single game played was well coordinated, well planned, and involved a lot of teamwork. then random-join pub games came along and zerg-clusterfck  gaming was invented. then these zerg-clusterfck players would get angry whenever premades would come along and mop the floor with everybody. same thing happens with dungeon finder. you get randomly made teams that are filled with sucky, noob, impatient players, that wipe on boss 1 and then QQ to the devs to nerf the content.

That is what guilds and close friends are for.  And as i said, dungeons aren't designed to socialize for getting to know each other.  If we're talking about EQ classic dungeons, then yes, there was a time when people literraly camped out for hours and socialized, but i'm not really sure what you're expecting with current designs when dungeons are instanced.  What exactly do you want to socialize about while waiting to start the dungeon run?  Everytime i ask this, no one responds.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    No idea why its not in the game yet, gw2lfg.com is a nice thing though.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Here's a reason for you.

Allow people to add each other to their friends' lists while in a cross-server group (like WoW had Real ID, but less intrusive than that). Problem solved. They already have 'guesting' technology implemented for GW2 so it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add this as well.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by twrule

Allow people to add each other to their friends' lists while in a cross-server group (like WoW had Real ID, but less intrusive than that). Problem solved. They already have 'guesting' technology implemented for GW2 so it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add this as well.

You can do that already. Friend- and block-list are cross-server.

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Originally posted by twrule

You can do that already. Friend- and block-list are cross-server.

Ah, I didn't realize - well there you go.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    To be honest if guys are worried about the social aspect. Maybe you haven't seen chat lately. It isn't very social at all outside of Lion's Arche. A lfg tool won't change that much if at all.
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Main reason im playing Rift atm standing around and shouting in chat for hours with no end is not my definition of fun and its shameful for the devs players have to do something so archaic in an AAA mmmo in 2013 and no i dont consider using a 3rd party solution outside of the game because the gamedevs are too incompetent to build one themself thats just stupid.
  • lilj0nyeahlilj0nyeah Member Posts: 3
    Just use gw2lfg.com or gw2lfg.net
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by lilj0nyeah
    Just use gw2lfg.com or gw2lfg.net

Except noboddy on my EU server is using that.

And no, features like this do not ruin the social aspect, its people that do so.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Except noboddy on my EU server is using that.

And no, features like this do not ruin the social aspect, its people that do so.

You can group for dungeons with people from any server in your region.