Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu movie OR World of Warcraft movie. Which will be bigger? go!

124»

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by jesad
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Fetch Quest the movie or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2?... is that even really a choice now?

LOL I laughed at the most recent D&D movies also (because they were laughable.  Ray Liotta and Marlon Wayans? haha c'mon son!), but I mysteriously find myself leaving them on the TV whenever I pass them on Sci-Fi now.

I'm telling you, fanboism can go a long way.

The only way a WoW movie would be interesting (in a comedic way) would be if they show how Thrall was conceived complete with orc grunt quotes from Warcraft 2.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Kind of a fanboyish question.  Though as a fan of Hong Kong action, I'd probably love to see another big hit from there.  But any such action film has loads of competition from other, similar films.    All the WoW movie has to do is be 'not stoopid', and it will be head and shoulders above most fantasy movie equivalents.   I think the WoW guys might grasp that a decent film could bring loads of sequels, since that's the Hollywood way now. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

The WoW movie.

They would both be utter crap, though. Because computer game movies are always crap. Its like a law of nature or something.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Due to pop culture curiosity, WoW movie will definitely gross more.  Not saying it will be the better movie though, it will probably be akin to the Mario Brothers travesty.
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Due to pop culture curiosity, WoW movie will definitely gross more.  Not saying it will be the better movie though, it will probably be akin to the Mario Brothers travesty.

Duncan Jones is making it though, he has a great pedigree. Moon was fantastic and Source Code was pretty good.

Also WoW movie would gross more, I haven't played it in a year now but I would still go and see the movie, I suspect a lot of ex player would too.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by bcbully

I think the Age of Wushu movie will be gross more than the WoW movie as long as the Age of Wushu spokesperson, Jet Li stars in it. Jet Li movies have grossed close to 2.5 billion world wide. 

I think the time for a WoW movie has passed by about 3 years. I will watch it along with other gamers, but Martial arts fans around the world will watch a Jet Li Age of Wushu film!

Show me some way a WoW movie could possible gross more!

Edit - Come on guys... What's the last good video game movie you've seen? Mortal Combat? There has never been a good video game movie!!!! I'm betting on Jet.

i think we all know the answer

with movie will be released first :)

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Do we have to assume for the sake of this poll that a WoW movie will actually get made?
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by evilastro

Honestly i have seen a lot of Asian movies..and they are rarely better. Hollywood also churns out lot of crap but when it comes to making movies like these they are always right on the money.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Age of Wushu? who? 

Obviously World of Warcraft. This is no brainer.

Were talking worldwide now. Remember Wushu has more players than WoW worldwide, PLUS there are more martial arts fans than mmorpg gamers.

You gonna take you girl to go see a WoW movie or a movie staring Jet Li, like Hero?

Wushu has 10+ million players world wide? and also you really under estimating WOW in terms of it popularity in Asian market. 

I know you are huge AOW fan but don't let that cloud the reality here.

My girl has no interest in Asian martial art movie, she prefers good old fantasy and hack and slash anyday.

Wushu has 15-20 million players worldwide. This link says more than 20 million. I have seen snailgames say 15 million+ somewhere.

I did see "in china" over and over again though.

20 million players  in >China ?

wow ... (not the game) that would mean ... a gross revenue of around 3 million dollars for a free to play game then ... since China wages are around 10% of western ones and only 10% of "free" players spend ... money in a game...

For those not knowing: WOW 's revenue model alone makes 250 to 300 million dollars PER quarter worldwide.

Go figure. Player numbers in free to play games are super inflated anyway ... just give me the total yearly revenue for that little "free" game on a yearly basis... WOW made 1.1 billion dollars just in 2012...

Nothing comes even close, not one single free game worldwide. Farmville had 75 million players at one point and it made peanuts compared to Blizzard's  paid MMO...