Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Bill Fisher on F2P and Beyond

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Welcome back to Game On: Epic Slant Press Edition! This week we're joined by the Creative Director on RIFT, Mr. Bill “Daglar” Fisher, for an open discussion of the game's F2P future. We pull from reader submitted questions to talk about version 3.0, souls, PvP, conquest, player-made warfronts, dimensions, the Storm Legion leveling experience, F2P success, and much more. Thanks to the readers for submitting their inquiries and to Bill for answering them!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Rift f2p is actually a lot of fun, and you never really feel pressured to by anything.  I played as a subscriber for about 2 months when the game launched, and coming back during this transition I was shocked that I could have the exact same experience without paying a dime.  You can play through the entirety of the original content for free, storm legion expansion is obviously something you have to pay for, and there's an extra soul per class that you can pay for if you want them (though you can still perform any role you like without them).  Anyone who is interested in this game should try it, the only downside is that there aren't many people leveling anymore.  Dungeon que's are cross server and it still took me an hour to get into one as a DPS, only took me a matter of minutes to que for pvp battlegrounds though.
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by deviltheory
    Rift f2p is actually a lot of fun, and you never really feel pressured to by anything.  I played as a subscriber for about 2 months when the game launched, and coming back during this transition I was shocked that I could have the exact same experience without paying a dime.  You can play through the entirety of the original content for free, storm legion expansion is obviously something you have to pay for, and there's an extra soul per class that you can pay for if you want them (though you can still perform any role you like without them).  Anyone who is interested in this game should try it, the only downside is that there aren't many people leveling anymore.  Dungeon que's are cross server and it still took me an hour to get into one as a DPS, only took me a matter of minutes to que for pvp battlegrounds though.

Storm Legion content (meaning the new continents and levels 51-60) is free.  The only thing you need to pay for in regards to Storm Legion are the new souls.

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Oh, I didn't know that.  Someone had told me you still have to pay so I just assumed he was right.  Thx for the correction so I don't make that mistake again.