Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End game

ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
I just beat the game today on normal mode. I enjoyed except now I see I'm supposed to beat the game 2 more times to unlock the highest difficulty? I liked it, but not enough to play through it again entirely. Seems like a lazy design.

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Guess you'd better uninstall and start spending your afternoons on the D3 forums complaining since playing the game like everyone else seem to be too much for you.
  • ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    I already blocked off my calendar from 11-4 tomorrow to make more posts.
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

diablo 3 in hardcore mode is probably the best game I ever played.

your goal is simply to survive and while doing this up your crafting and participate in an economy where ... everyone dies.

marvelous.

it is like EvE without space ship back up and a constantly reset economy ...

it is like playing "the" video game of all video games: you only get one life to live.

Diablo 3 HC returns to the purest form of video gaming: how to survive and hold on to avoid the "game over" screen.

the resource game on the AH behind it adds  icing to the cake.

once you encounter death though ... you still have all crafting skills and gold and some old stocked gear to ... try again.

simply fabulous. best game ever.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Elapsed
    I just beat the game today on normal mode. I enjoyed except now I see I'm supposed to beat the game 2 more times to unlock the highest difficulty? I liked it, but not enough to play through it again entirely. Seems like a lazy design.

Takes more than 1 play through to play ALL of D3, those dungeons you went in, Those events you took part in, those roaming packs of elites, chests spawns, dungeon layouts are all random.  Worth a 2nd play through of any ones money, bosses will be the same but they'll have different/more abilties.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

That's old school design. Actually console games still operate this way.

That's just how ARPG's are, you play through each difficulty with "endgame" really just being about decking your character our in the best gear and hitting whatever level cap there might be. It's not like MMO's where you get updated raid content.

If you're not a fan of this type of endgame, I suggest you stay away from ARPG's altogether as that's how they are.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Guess you'd better uninstall and start spending your afternoons on the D3 forums complaining since playing the game like everyone else seem to be too much for you.

You just arent there yet. Spent some more time in the mid game of D3 until you realise the end game is flipping + forums when your 10 auction slots are full.

OT:

And after you played it 2 more times you farm the same route about 1000 times until you finally give up and go to the end game mentioned above. Or you get lucky with the drops and find one good item during these 1000 runs. Then you become one of the "I dont know what you are complaining about" people.

I've been reading more about the game. Seems like what I'm probably waiting for are the PvP improvements.

Even though I complained, I'm still playing. The boss battles are more fun in nightmare. They were way too easy on normal.

What I thought was going to happen after I beat it on normal was the top difficulty unlocking and then all of the quests disappearing. So basically it's just a bunch of maps with monsters to kill.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

And if Nightmare is too easy for you, you can adjust the MP (monster power) setting before you start any given area. On your chapter select screen you have a drop down for MP selection. Crank it as high as you can handle. You will get better loot and more XP if you can take on a higher MP.

Yes, MP selection is available from level 1 normal. It actually let's geared players powerlevel alts by feeding them OP gear and letting them blast through MP5 on Normal/Nightmare.

Originally posted by Rusque

And if Nightmare is too easy for you, you can adjust the MP (monster power) setting before you start any given area. On your chapter select screen you have a drop down for MP selection. Crank it as high as you can handle. You will get better loot and more XP if you can take on a higher MP.

Yes, MP selection is available from level 1 normal. It actually let's geared players powerlevel alts by feeding them OP gear and letting them blast through MP5 on Normal/Nightmare.

Ya, I handed down my Monk one of those weapons with a "level requirement reduces by 14" affixes and he's running through Hell difficulty 1-shotting elites/champions. I should probably increase the MP level for him...but it is fun playing in God mode...heh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Ya, I handed down my Monk one of those weapons with a "level requirement reduces by 14" affixes and he's running through Hell difficulty 1-shotting elites/champions. I should probably increase the MP level for him...but it is fun playing in God mode...heh

This is why the game is so good. Difficulty options.

If you like to face roll mobs, you can at MP0. Personally when i level up my alts, i do MP10 so there is actually a challenge. You need to over-gear quite a bit to play MP10 well.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

If you like to face roll mobs, you can at MP0. Personally when i level up my alts, i do MP10 so there is actually a challenge. You need to over-gear quite a bit to play MP10 well.

All my items are self found. I use the AH for selling only. It'll be a long, long, time before I can run MP10...if ever.

After beating Inferno on MP 0 (Yay!) with my Witch Doctor, I started a new game at MP 1 on Inferno. I can already tell the difference. Mostly from mob density. I'm just going through the game again. I'd prefer to do that than just running the same map over and over and over....even if it isn't as efficient.

All my items are self found. I use the AH for selling only. It'll be a long, long, time before I can run MP10...if ever.

After beating Inferno on MP 0 (Yay!) with my Witch Doctor, I started a new game at MP 1 on Inferno. I can already tell the difference. Mostly from mob density. I'm just going through the game again. I'd prefer to do that than just running the same map over and over and over....even if it isn't as efficient.

You are illustrating why the game is so good. It supports choices and different play style. Your playstyle is as different to mine as night to day.

I play the AH to get upgrades (one of the big draw to me). You play self-found (which i believe is quite popular too).

I want to farm efficient (so i run CoTA and Field of Misery) instead of going through the whole story. And i also play alts .. and i farm different places with different class to maximize efficiency.

But again, no one playstyle should be dominant. Yours is as valid as mine. They are just different preferences.

I ended up going with MP 5. So far the difficulty feels "appropriate" for that level. So with that spiffy sword, I can play Hell like I normally would, only with the MP 5 bonuses...yay!

That sword will be handed down from alt to alt until they all outgrow it. I'm guessing it'll sell well when I'm done with it.

That sword will be handed down from alt to alt until they all outgrow it. I'm guessing it'll sell well when I'm done with it.

Probably not :(

Gear has been depreciating in value since day 1 because nothing has been taken out of the game. Something like that probably can still sell for 1M or two .. but that is pretty much change.

It is really hard to make any substantial money (gold or real $$$) unless you have a really really lucky draw, like a mempo with cc, or a echo fury with LS, gem slot and high damage.

Gear has been depreciating in value since day 1 because nothing has been taken out of the game. Something like that probably can still sell for 1M or two .. but that is pretty much change.

It is really hard to make any substantial money (gold or real $$$) unless you have a really really lucky draw, like a mempo with cc, or a echo fury with LS, gem slot and high damage. 

Don't laugh, but a sale for 1M would be a lot for my account. Remember, I play "self found" style and have only recently beaten Inferno at 0 MP. So all I have is change...lol. (i.e. I don't even have 10M gold. I did spend some on some crafting plans from the vender...otherwise I would be near/over 10M)

Don't laugh, but a sale for 1M would be a lot for my account. Remember, I play "self found" style and have only recently beaten Inferno at 0 MP. So all I have is change...lol. (i.e. I don't even have 10M gold. I did spend some on some crafting plans from the vender...otherwise I would be near/over 10M)

Actually that is nice. Gold actually means more to you.

BTW, i like how they add crafting as a means to get good gear, and it also act as a gold sink.

I don't understand the hate of the auction house. I haven't bought anything yet, but I look at D3 like an MMO. If I end up spending around $15 a month in the AH, it's the same as an MMO subscription. Does it end up costing a lot more than $15 a month for good gear? The only thing I feel weird about is putting my money directly in the pocket of another player since I could be supporting a gold farmer or someone who found an exploit.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I already blocked off my calendar from 11-4 tomorrow to make more posts.

You have to get your moneys worth.  D3 fans are easily riled up, they're much more entertaining than the game itself.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

I don't understand the hate of the auction house. I haven't bought anything yet, but I look at D3 like an MMO. If I end up spending around $15 a month in the AH, it's the same as an MMO subscription. Does it end up costing a lot more than $15 a month for good gear? The only thing I feel weird about is putting my money directly in the pocket of another player since I could be supporting a gold farmer or someone who found an exploit.

Plus, it is completely optional.

I think the RMAH is actuallly quite nice. People only focus on SPENDING MONEY. You can make money off it too. What is better than having some fun, and at the same time, it turns into pocket money?

Personally i pump most of my RMAH earnings back into the game (except cashing out $40 to buy MoP), and it works well. Lastly, it also help protect against gold inflation (which is inevitable). If i want to "park" my D3 money, it is better to cash in in the RMAH, and keep real $$, instead of gold.

You are illustrating why the game is so good. It supports choices and different play style. Your playstyle is as different to mine as night to day.

I play the AH to get upgrades (one of the big draw to me). You play self-found (which i believe is quite popular too).

I want to farm efficient (so i run CoTA and Field of Misery) instead of going through the whole story. And i also play alts .. and i farm different places with different class to maximize efficiency.

But again, no one playstyle should be dominant. Yours is as valid as mine. They are just different preferences.

I play 90% of the time hardcore. D3 is simply the BEST game ever for me. The risk of dying, crafting in its HC end game, a daily reset economy by deaths on every level, the grinding for basic mats etc is just unbelievable.

My end goal is simply downing Diablo in Inferno with every HC avatar and it is a marvellous challenge within a grinding AND resource management game. and yes ... I do it all solo.

As I said: in some ways you can compare it with survival mode in EvE, but much less complicated, far more casual, far more fun in fast combat and trading is totally optional.

-

You can quit the game and restart the end game whenever you want, for days, weeks, months even.

So I agree with you guys: D3 can be played in many different ways, you just choose the style of play you want. 

Hell, you could buy for 20 dollars Gold and start farming at MP 7 in SC in no time. 

Or play hardcore with self found gear: your choice.

Marvellous game and so much better than 99% of so called great mmorpg's.

D3 in its current format is dynamite. fxxk the haters, go play WoW.

Originally posted by sportsfan

You can quit the game and restart the end game whenever you want, for days, weeks, months even.

So I agree with you guys: D3 can be played in many different ways, you just choose the style of play you want. 

Hell, you could buy for 20 dollars Gold and start farming at MP 7 in SC in no time. 

I totally agree.

My goal is different than yours .. and both are valid and fun for each of us respectively.

My goals are:

- push my wiz (buffed) sheet DPS as high as possible (almost 500k now)

- progress in farming higher and higher MP (efficiently, now i am at MP9)

- item hunt

- paragon leveling with all 5 classes (finally got to 100 with my wiz)

It is quite amazing that after more than a year, there is still room to experiment with builds, and farming is still fun.

I do hope the expansion is coming soon though.

I totally agree.

My goal is different than yours .. and both are valid and fun for each of us respectively.

My goals are:

- item hunt

It is quite amazing that after more than a year, there is still room to experiment with builds, and farming is still fun.

Holy crap...500k DPS?

/looks at his self found lvl 60 (P6) Witch Doctor's 26K DPS...

WoW...LOTS of room for improvement!!

I actually spent some time doing Hardcore. Beat Normal difficulty so far. Level 33 WD. All self found and solo.

D3 is awesome. People who gave up on it need to give it a fresh try instead of spewing unwarranted hate.

I totally agree.

My goals are:

- item hunt

Holy crap...500k DPS?

I actually spent some time doing Hardcore. Beat Normal difficulty so far. Level 33 WD. All self found and solo.

D3 is awesome. People who gave up on it need to give it a fresh try instead of spewing unwarranted hate.

Mmm: My HC Monk is at 33 K DPS now and is in the first few quests of Act 3 Inferno... I can start to feel his limits and the stress is huge. It is a tank alright (71% all resistance and 71 armor prot), but the DPS needs to go up ... to continue./

You know my back up SC Monk (exact copy to test things),  can have a walk in the park up to Diablo in Inferno, but the sheer fact of playing HC is nerf recking.

I almost died twice today in Act 3 on that castle. I logged off with trembling hands.

(My back up Monk needs to get top 60 asap now, because the risk is simply too big to drop my main lvl 60 HC Monk)

How odd that the same stats in SC and HC seem to give a complete other game experience, just by adding that stress factor.

In the meantime I "love" playing "easy" HC in Act 1: grinding gems is a BIG business in hardcore with prices going insane for simple Star gems (nice way to make gold). it shows most people still level to 60 in HC and the end market is up for the grabs.

So keep it up guys: this game is dynamite.

I totally agree.

My goals are:

- item hunt

Holy crap...500k DPS?

I think there is some theory crafters work out the absolute maximum dps (with the BIS item with a perfect roll .. and of course this will never happen) is about 750k UNBUFFED.

I am currently about 496k BUFFED .. which is roughly 325k unbuffed. If you go onto diabloprogress.com .. that is roughly #700 wiz in the US, and #2000 or so in the world. So there are a lot of others who has MUCH higher DPS than i do. And there are room to progress (although statistically upgrades become very very rare, and even with AH/RMAH, it is quite hard to get one unless you spend your own money). My rule is that while i use the RMAH (for keeping the value of my "money" in game because it has no inflation like gold), i only spend what i make in the game. That allows me to turn a good drop that i cannot use, to one that i can.

Yeah the game is awesome. Self-found is a completely different kind of fun.