Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a completely free game with crafting and good population

luckylogluckylog Member UncommonPosts: 11

LF for a free game and possibly one that would play on browser, would like to play on laptop instead of desktop, but  laptop is a little old.  LF for a game that has crafting to the point of being able to use the crafted gear and not having to buy or quest for gear. I usually like to make alts and try to cover different crafting so I can gear myself.  Will take any type of game, but wanting to try sci fi.   Looking for more of a guns type of game that a magic type of game if that makes sense.  The more ideas the better, I have played rift, WOW, SWTOR, SWG, Neverwinter, and looking for something new and a little different that fantasy.

Thanks, if you need more info let me know.

Comments

• LoveleLovele Member UncommonPosts: 55

The Aurora World. Doesn't meet many of your requirements but the crafting is unique, where you need to keep adjusting the temperature and stuff until the item is crafted, and if you don't adjust it the furnace will overheat and the item will be destroyed.

It's not browser but has low requirements maybe you can play it.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Check out Salem. Browser game you can play right now and all about crafting. A non browser game you can play now is Worm Online.
    A future game you might like is Gloria Victis.
  • luckylogluckylog Member UncommonPosts: 11
    thanks for the replies, anyone else have some other totally free games where you craft and does have pve, i do like pvp, but do not do a lot of it
  • dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    world of tanks has pvp
  • klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95

I play Fallen Earth alot.  Its a sci fi game with crafting and good story the quests are OK. Thing is you cant power level in this game. I played when it first came out and wasnt that excited, but it grew on me.

Its F2P but there are restrictions that can be mitigated by buying something from the shop. The World is massive and you cant just go somewhere with out a ride. has lots of vehicles. lots of mobs, lots of items and rescources for crafting. its all one server too.

It actually has ALOT of features. You may play it like me and say" meh this game isnt that great", but give it a chance, it'll grow on ya.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    If yo uwant to go old school go try Anarchy Online...The graphics are easy to run on a laptop...Population is OK now that they consolidated to one server and it has several classes that use guns and lots of guns in the game.....Its free to play and has decent but difficult crafting with a high learning curve.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I would second the thing about Fallen Earth.  That was one of the only MMOs I played to where most of the crafted items were actually useful and not obsolete for whatever level I was at.  The PVE is a little off, but the massive game world and crafting make up for it in a lot of ways.  Of course the last time I played was when it was still P2P so take this with a grain of salt.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by rodingo
    I would second the thing about Fallen Earth.  That was one of the only MMOs I played to where most of the crafted items were actually useful and not obsolete for whatever level I was at.  The PVE is a little off, but the massive game world and crafting make up for it in a lot of ways.  Of course the last time I played was when it was still P2P so take this with a grain of salt.

Yes the PVE is a little busy work. There are NPC in everytown that will send you on a kill 10 of these mob missions, but there are also more exciting missions. At least you get xp  and AP for the missions and help you level.

its not a game you can just rush through, even crafting has timers to make things, some a day or more.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Try Everquest 2 it has better population that Vanguard and Fallen Earth . However, both of these games have betetr crafting than EQ2.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• rpgamer13rpgamer13 Member UncommonPosts: 73

wurm oniine   http://wurmonline.com/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/ 

trailer vid

check the  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Skills     for crafting skills. 

the game is not a 1-4 week get to max level.  it takes months even yrs. to get a lot of skills high.  but even as  a free player limited to 20 out of 99 skill levels.  you can make almost every thing in the game and have a ton of fun.

monthly cost if you choose to prem is 8eu per month  $10.50us   and after one month of paying you can pay for monthly prem in game for 10 silver.  which you can make from other players. doing jobs. like mining. making planks, nails, bricks, ect..

many of us play for free with in game money.

the game is all about crafting. land terraforming, owning land. farming, mining though mountains. sailing.  you can hunt or get hunted if not careful.  can be hard to learn at first. but if you join a village and level up skills first before you adventure on your own. you'll do better.   Or adventure on your own and try to survive.

huge good community too.