Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you pay $200 for a Lifetime founder pack?

Comments

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I would not pay $200 for any game ...

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

no

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I would have to get to play the beta or the game itself, then I would have to think it was the greatest thing I have played in a long time, and feel like I was going to play it a long time.  I played EQ/UO for 6-8 years each, and I am not a mmo jumper traditionally.  Then it would have to be really worth it, if it was saving a couple bucks a month, it is not worth putting my money out there in advance. 

Their f2p model would also have to do a couple things, it would have to not turn me off and push the lines of what I thought was p2w, but ride that line to where it would be worth it to sub the game.  I am not sure what that area is, as I am not a big f2p player.  I have played f2p games, but not mmos. 

So if EQN existed in that small window, I felt like it was going to be something I would play for 1+ years, and I deemed it a good value risk/money wise, then yes.  I have the money to do it, but it doesn't mean I should throw it away.  I generally am pretty picky about what I will play, even if it is f2p, b2p and such.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

$200 for a mystery box, hmmm...

can i get a boat instead?

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    No.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Months before launch: Never

One month after launch: Maybe

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    If the game turns out to be something I can see myself playing, I'd plunk down a lifetime purchase. I have enough disposable income that $200 is not significant, and does not carry any risk. For me, there is only an upside, which carries no potential for a downside.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by keenber
    Yes . I am going to invest a lot of cash in this game because it will be my last MMO. I have wasted $1000s on crap mmos in the last 10 year and i am finished .IF EQN is crap also then i wont waste any more and take up golf or something else. So i do hope SOE can pull it off again and create something that will give me memories like EQ did.

I took up golf a few months back and love it. I highly recommend it. My MMO time since then has dropped way down, and I don't miss it one bit.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Never have, Never will.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Me------>out---->20Story building window!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Main issue is I don't ever see SOE offering one... simply because they try to pimp Station Access.   Which isn't a bad deal at all if you actually play a few of their games (my opinion).

Beyond that...  It would depend.   There are a few games that I played for years and paid a subscription.   One could just as easily argue that its stupid not to buy a lifetime pack.. in that case.   Then again that's why its stupid for a company to offer them... the entire premise has to be that you will not stick around from their side.   As a customer after a certain point if you were playing a sub game then its definitely a deal.

Once you get into F2P what's the point?  As you could just buy SC when you want it and wait for 2x or 3x specials.

Regardless as I said offering a lifetime pack for their *new* flagship product, would be a huge minus for their Station Access offering.  So the real question is.. why would SOE want to offer one?

Even with Dragon's Prophet the "200 dollar deal" was for a bunch of crap and what was pretty much 200 dollars in SC (as opposed to what Funcom turned their founder's packs into as an example).   Oh and um yes I do pay attention to various offering that have been around .. even for games I will never play (aka Dragon's Prophet).

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by burdock2

Would you be willing to pay $200 for a Lifetime membership Founder pack if they annouce them at SOE Live?

The Lifetime Founder pack should include, but not limited to:

500 Station cash, every month for the life of the game.

Additional Armour/House Items

Titles

In game pets

Access to all game (same as if subscribed, not free to play) for the life of the game. 

20% Discount in Item Shop

Any other suggestions?>

After SWTOR? Never.

I don't even pre-order any more.

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by noncley

After SWTOR? Never.

I don't even pre-order any more.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Seeing as I spent that with Neverwinter its safe to bet that I would spend that much on a EQN Founder Pack but only if it is the game I want it to be.  If it turns out to have boring tab target combat or it is a FFA PvP centric game I will quietly leave this sub forum and curse the name EQN under my breath.

Extremely hyped right now but only because I know a sandbox can be more then a PvP game, the world is ready for the first true PvE sandbox game IMO and I have strong indication EQN might just be it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by burdock2

Would you be willing to pay $200 for a Lifetime membership Founder pack if they annouce them at SOE Live?

The Lifetime Founder pack should include, but not limited to:

500 Station cash, every month for the life of the game.

Additional Armour/House Items

Titles

In game pets

Access to all game (same as if subscribed, not free to play) for the life of the game. 

20% Discount in Item Shop

Any other suggestions?>

I have probably the most important question of all:

Will the game be any good to justify a lifetime sub at $200?  will the game meet my tastes? Will I even play long enough to justify the $200 bill?

ok that was 3 questions.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    i'd have to be EXTREMELY impressed by the game to buy anything. especially when the game is free to play otherwise.   I've been enjoying Neverwinter for 2 months now, yet to spend a penny and no plans to.  

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    No, if they go this route it will reduce my interest in this title.

Same here.  Cheap tactics that feels like they don't have confidence in their game.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    ask me that after it has been released, I don't buy pigs in a poke. All games look wonderful in press releases and fans imaginations

I miss DAoC

• DraedzDraedz Member Posts: 47
    Well a lot of people are commenting on the lack of details that the game has released, however, we all know that this will not be the case after SoE Live... we should know more than enough to make an educated decision.  If I liked what I saw, a $200 Founders pack would not be out of the question.  (hopefully I would be able to participate in some sort of Beta as well)
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

I just won't pay that without playing the game.

Because face it, a lot of MMOs are fun for a week and then you slowly start to not login. And then its over once that happens.

Even after August 2nd I wouldnt do that, I want to PLAY the game before I invest $200 into that.

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Sight unseen I would never pay $200.  But if the game seems that its living up to all the hype I would consider paying the $200.  I usually only play one game at a time so if I got a few years out of it $200 is a good deal.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I'll pay $200 if they make a Server with NO cash shop

Plus I really need to see all the features and some ingame footage before spending that kind of money.

But in principle, given the right conditions, I could spend $200

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    That's a lot of money you guys, I hope it's not too costly to play and that's all optional.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Not sure why some people don't like them offering it.  If you play for more than a year it is worth it.  I am happy with my TSW lifetime sub, even though the game is now B2P (essentially F2P since copies are what? $10.00?)

If they offer it and the game has a soul, I'll certainly shell out the extra cash.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I wouldn't if I had to buy before I knew what the game was like and the release features (not the advertised ones). Another no go would be if a sub model was not available or wasn't worth it when compared to F2P.

If it's the game I hope it will be and has a sub model worth it of course I would, it would be foolish for me not to. I plan to pay a sub and one year is 179.88 if I paid monthly, 119.88 if I paid up front for one year.

Just the lifetime sub alone would be worth the 200.00. Add in discounts, perks and probably a collectible of some kind and it's a no brainer. I woulsnt factor in the 500SC becuase subs already get that in SoE games.

I guess it depends on how deep the game is and how long I think I will play it.