Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you pay $200 for a Lifetime founder pack?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Would you be willing to pay $200 for a Lifetime membership Founder pack if they annouce them at SOE Live?

The Lifetime Founder pack should include, but not limited to:

500 Station cash, every month for the life of the game.

Additional Armour/House Items

Titles

In game pets

Access to all game (same as if subscribed, not free to play) for the life of the game. 

20% Discount in Item Shop

Any other suggestions?>

Comments

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    I would have to see the game before I make any decisions on what I am willing to buy.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    No.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Not on your (or my) life.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Not enough info on the game to make a decision.   I remember pondering for months before I bought the LOTRO lifer deal even after playing the game.   It was one of the best purchases of any game I have ever made. However, I would need to see a lot more about EQ Next to make that decision.
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Anyone who would invest a dollar prior to knowing the (actual) game and scope of content would be a complete idiot in this age of shitty development and scam ftp ripoff cashgrabs.
  • CailiegCailieg Member Posts: 85

Given how truly little we know about the game at this point in time I would find myself unable to pony-up $200 just yet. All of that could change if, and only if, the info that comes out on the 2nd satisfies me. If it does, yes I would likely grab a lifetime.

Alexis

*smiles*

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    If it had a combat ready elven sword: yes, if it didn't... see the above posters for creative versions of no, pick your favorite and then add in the words "Shit damn fuck crap shit" before the no.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by Cailieg

Given how truly little we know about the game at this point in time I would find myself unable to pony-up $200 just yet. All of that could change if, and only if, the info that comes out on the 2nd satisfies me. If it does, yes I would likely grab a lifetime.

Alexis

*smiles*

These days what info you get prelaunch and what a game actually becomes are usually drastically different .

I could name about 15 examples but I'm sure you folks know if your an avid mmoer.

Actually it is one of the main problems with mmos these days. Idiots give shitty developers money hand over fist and they continue to do it over and over.

Face it, developers for the most part think most gamers are complete morons with disposable income.

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I would pay that much just for a month or two of beta.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    I would have to see the game before I make any decisions on what I am willing to buy.

Same here, especially since I have the Station Pass and that usually offers several perks.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    If all of the info we get at SOE Live looked good enough I'd consider dropping 200 on the game prior to release.  The perks would have to be pretty nice, but it's definitely a possibility.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    No
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by burdock2

Would you be willing to pay $200 for a Lifetime membership Founder pack if they annouce them at SOE Live?

Titles

In game pets

Access to all game (same as if subscribed, not free to play) for the life of the game. 

Any other suggestions?>

No - TSW did that and 3-4 months later went F2P.  I think it is a stupid idea.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

No.

And..I won't pre-order or get a collector's edition.  I don't fall for those company tactics to squeeze you for as much as they can BEFORE you even start playing.  It's an absurd notion given the current state of MMO's now.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by botrytis

Titles

In game pets

Any other suggestions?>

No - TSW did that and 3-4 months later went F2P.  I think it is a stupid idea.

TSW is B2P o.O

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Would not pay $200 for any game especially an mmo.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    No
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Titles

In game pets

Any other suggestions?>

Was wondering what took  so long to start a thread like this....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    No! Founders Packs and Lifetime memberships belong in the "Worst ideas" drawer.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    No, if they go this route it will reduce my interest in this title.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Yes if...

1. Had all the perks of being a sub without having to sub.

2. Pretty much all of EQN was revealed at SOE Live. I mean details, not just talking points and buzz words. Some good explanations and examples of crafting, progression, server types, PVE/PVP, etc.

3. If they offered the pack 30 days after purchase, it would increase my willingness as well.

I can usually tell how long I will play a game based on pre-release info. Rarely do I think "I'll play this game forever!" It usually just something to do for a few months. If I see years worth of fun in EQN, I might buy into the hype literally.

Besides Pathfinder (which is way off) I don't see any games coming that I want to play. So I wouldn't mind investing a bit into EQN.

I probably won't sub unless it comes with fairly big perks and will go for the middle ground and buy a few things in the cash shop instead. But $200 is about a year of being sub so if you play at least a year and want sub perks, it's a very good deal.

Actually funny to see so many NO! answers. Especially from some that I know say they want Sub only server.

Shows that people think their precious $15/month makes them better then the F2P crowd, yet they aren't willing to drop $200 for life...this is why F2P is here to stay.

If good enough, I would do no sub but $200 at the start and buy things once in a while from the cash shop, spending more then those with subs do. Yet for some reason I don't think I'm better then the lowly F2P.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    No, but i'm sure they'll be offering some 200$ founders (fools) packs, since it's definitely going F2P, with maybe some premium/VIP monthlies
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    sure but they ave to pay me $800 in processing fees in advance :)
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Yes . I am going to invest a lot of cash in this game because it will be my last MMO. I have wasted $1000s on crap mmos in the last 10 year and i am finished .IF EQN is crap also then i wont waste any more and take up golf or something else. So i do hope SOE can pull it off again and create something that will give me memories like EQ did.
  • GreezGreez Member Posts: 103

Most probably not, simply because $200 is a big chunk of money that may actually never justify itself with my gaming habits.

I'm really worried about the item shop, though.