Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you like/hate/wish in your MMOs?

TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306

Greetings and Salutations all.. First time poster, long time lurker.. After scanning through about a thousand+ posts on various subjects, I thought I'd throw out a few questions to the MMORPG community at large (yes, you too, lurker-who-never-posts)..

1) What top 5 features of MMOs do you most enjoy? What is it that makes you play your particular game(s) and come back to them again and again?
2) What top 5 features of MMOs do you absolutely despise? What made you quit a game or throw your monitor out the window in rage?
3) What features have you never seen in an MMO that you have always wished existed?

(Features can include anything from Social aspect, Themepark, Sandbox, PvP, PvE, Crafting, Combat, Exploration, Challenge, Mounts, Customization, Houses, Soloing, Grouping, Raiding, the way your character's hair looks.. whatever.. Lets hear it!)

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

Comments

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

1 and 3 are the same to me..

1. I wish I never heard of, or seen instanced dungeons.. 
    2. I despise limited raid sizes..  I'm sorry but when the sh*t hits the fan, there shouldn't be mathematical limits..  I mean really, does a dragon honestly call time out and say, "HOLD ON, you have too many on your side and it's not fair".???  I don't think so..  And I seriously doubt that Hitler or Robert E. Lee were in any position to call foul when they were outmanned..   Just saying..
    3. Holy Trinity..  This is so restrictive..
    As for 2.
    1. More classes.. Bring back roles such as buffing, debuffing, CC, kiting and pulling..  The more the better..
    2. More roaming danger in zones..  Having mobs stand in one spot waiting to be killed is stupid..  How else can we be surprised with the yell of "ADD" when grouping..
    3. Better crafting..  >> better economy.. and FISHING better be involved.. lol
    4. Bring back character restrictions such as weight allowance, food and drink  :)
    5. More horizontal growth in the game, less vertical..   
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Nice 1st post.  : )

(Mabinogi, FFXI, DDO, Neverwinter, Aion, WoW, TERA)

1) TOP GOOD FEATURES:

-creativity

-they are not afraid to do it differently than everyone else

-my character makes and plays it's own music

-runs on a low graphic PC

-what is in the cash shop is useful, beautiful, and very well made with no expiration

2) TOP BAD FEATURES:

-lack of communication between devs and players

-not being allowed to mod/hack

-lag

-auction house not being limited to 3 digits

-lack of realism (as in bunnies drop armor and coins or mob floats over ground and doesn't really walk)

3) WHAT I MOST WISH FOR NOT YET DONE:

-intricate breeding of pets and battle dragon mounts

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

1) If you have an interesting idea, then maybe stop asking the community.
    Most of them have in common what they don´t like. The loud minority will tell you what they like.
    Stick to your idea.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

1. Top 5 features

- good combat mechanics and associated build variations

- good scripted instances

- LFD/LFR

- AH

- Cross realm functionalities

2. Worst 5 features

- forced down-time

- forced grouping with little tools to form groups except chat channels

- barter economy

- FFA pvp

- harsh death penalty

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by TyranusPrime

Greetings and Salutations all.. First time poster, long time lurker.. After scanning through about a thousand+ posts on various subjects, I thought I'd throw out a few questions to the MMORPG community at large (yes, you too, lurker-who-never-posts)..

1) What top 5 features of MMOs do you most enjoy? What is it that makes you play your particular game(s) and come back to them again and again?
    2) What top 5 features of MMOs do you absolutely despise? What made you quit a game or throw your monitor out the window in rage?
    3) What features have you never seen in an MMO that you have always wished existed?

(Features can include anything from Social aspect, Themepark, Sandbox, PvP, PvE, Crafting, Combat, Exploration, Challenge, Mounts, Customization, Houses, Soloing, Grouping, Raiding, the way your character's hair looks.. whatever.. Lets hear it!)

Greetings. I'm a bit tired and I really don't feel like putting alot of thought into the first two questions but I'll give one example for 3.

I want good and dynamic AI. I want deer to graze and lions or whatever to eat them. I want them to breed and have needs. For more intelligent AI, I want trolls trying to extort me for crossing the bridge, I want to be able to hire mercenaries to kill those trolls, I want townfolk to farm and consume their produce and have a need for player produce, I want them to need things like houses which requires wood, stone, hey and so on. I want the world to be fleshed out by more than just players killing mobs, raiding or whatever.

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Nice 1st post.  : )

Thank you.. Appreciate all the input so far.. Keep em coming.. :)

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• KBishopKBishop Member Posts: 205

Top 5 features I love.

1. The community. Once I've lost friends, I've no reason to play an MMO further

2. The lore. I love a game with an interesting story behind it. It makes the fights feel more interesting

3. The fights. I love dynamic combat against large scale monsters

4. The progression. I love the feel of making a character better and unique over time.

5. Different playstyles. I love that I can play the same game in entirely different ways.

Top 5 features I hate.

1. Elitism. As much as I know there is a legitimacy for it, I hate those who are only looking for amazing people, or those who feel a need to measure your ability.

2. Gear dependency. I hate that MOST of your ability and overall worth of a player is almost always measured by the gear you wear.

3. Time sinks and grinding. I really hate any time a game has to resort to large scale time sinks just to prolong the game.

4. Coop dependency. I dislike it when games make a large portion of the content require you to get a group of 10+ people.

5. Lack of Coop dependency. On the opposite end, I dislike MMORPG's that have almost no necessity to get any sort of group together.

What I haven't really seen that I would like to see is... well, can't think of anything.