Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not enough content

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I don't think any MMO even EQNext will provide enough content for players like me who rush to end game and play 24/7

I'm not alone in this because we all know someone is going to post how they got max level in 2 days and that there is no end game content .

They talk about how they are going to make something different but I just cant see how it could be done without creating a boring NW foundry type game which we know will fail .

Comments

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Ok.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by Grailer

I don't think any MMO even EQNext will provide enough content for players like me who rush to end game and play 24/7

I'm not alone in this because we all know someone is going to post how they got max level in 2 days and that there is no end game content .

They talk about how they are going to make something different but I just cant see how it could be done without creating a boring NW foundry type game which we know will fail .

No MMO will ever provide enough content for players who like to rush to the end and play 24/7. This is a problem with every MMO that comes out and will continue to be a problem until the end of time.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

You've never played a true Sandbox title then.

Sandboxes do NOT suffer from "Developer Driven Content" like Themepark titles do. 

Sandbox = developers focus on mechanics & tools to interact with each other and the gameworld. 

Themepark = developers focus on handcrafting scripted events & quests for people to "burn through".

You're wrong :)

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Sandboxes don't have endgame. Go back to WoW. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by BearKnight

Sandboxes do NOT suffer from "Developer Driven Content" like Themepark titles do. 

Sandbox = developers focus on mechanics & tools to interact with each other and the gameworld. 

Themepark = developers focus on handcrafting scripted events & quests for people to "burn through".

Very True! 

Now for this thread, i must say how do you know that their will not be enough content if the game isn't out yet?

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78

This is definitely one of the most moronic posts I have seen all month.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by swedago

Yep, but he has at least one truth in there.  Some moron (probably many morons) is going to post how they got to max level in 2 days and there is no end game content. 

.....and I will laugh my socks off at their stupidity.

PS It may very well be Grailer making one of those posts.

• GreezGreez Member Posts: 103

If it's designed as a sandbox, this shouldn't be a problem.

Granted, you may find that this is not the content you're looking for.

Originally posted by swedago

Agreed.

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I'm not judging your play style but can you explain this to me.

What enjoyment do you get by maxxing out in 2 days time and then complaining you are bored?

• GreezGreez Member Posts: 103
    I have a better question. Why does he insist on pushing the ramifications of his playstyle on developers?
  • AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Sandboxes don't have endgame. Go back to WoW. 

lel

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

If you had actually read what "they" had said, you would know your post was pretty silly, although you are correct that people like yourself who rush to end game content will never be pleased because the whole idea is absurd.

Most MMOs are developed with the idea that players will take their time enjoying all the content, not just end game. They design it for the casual majority, not hardcore people.

I always look back at Mario 3 for NES. You could use the warp whistles to jump to the end of the game and bypass 90% of the content. Once you beat it, you are either done or go back and play everything you missed.

It's not the devs fault for not making enough end game content ready on day 1, it is your fault for not playing the game as it was intended. As this has always been the case, I don't get why people bother rushing to begin with and then act so surprised or better yet, angry.

I don't think EQN will have an end game and will have more then enough to do. Maybe it's not for you as it doesn't sound like you would enjoy EQN from what little we know.

• SneakyTurtleSneakyTurtle Member Posts: 41
    Well.. Sandbox.. player-made content maybe so we won't run out of content to play? Just my thoughts.

- SneakyTurtle

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by BearKnight

Your point is moot.

A Sandbox is even more reliant on there being players to interact with and make compelling content collectively.Those who rush to max level will have precious few to interact with and will get just as bored as in a theme park.

To the OP...no MMO should ever cater to the people you describe,they aren't large enough a demographic to matter.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Well, based on these forums, most of the game revolves around chatting with others and slow travel. So very little content is required because the bulk of your time will be doing that.
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Well, based on these forums, most of the game revolves around chatting with others and slow travel. So very little content is required because the bulk of your time will be doing that.

Wrong...

It's all about looks. A players class, level, or how good or entertaning chat is has little to do with how most will enjoy an MMO...It's all about how good you look

Nevermind end game dungeons, quests, pvp or any of that stuff. A cash shop loaded with cool looking outfits, plenty of dyes, and an extensive character creation and changes are all that matters.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    ReallyNow nailed it. Instead of having all the hard content at the end, have it all hard content. That along with sandbox lateral progression should provide enough revolving content. In the end vertical profession alone will always end and of it doesn't, such as 12 end game dungeons and the same pool of dailies, it becomes another thing...

Extremely boring

OP, I know you posted this as more of a statement than a discussion but have you thought EQN just might not be an MMO you like? If you are a "level/max/raid" player you should read up on some of the quotes by Smed and Dave. It's supposed to be different than the model you claim to play. I'm not going to tell you to play something else, the more the merrier, and your fears may be quelled if your open to a different progression system.
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

If EQN is a true sandbox game like Wurm Online, or even a SandPark like ArcheAge, people like Grailer won't run out of things to do.

There will always be land to transform or realms to defend.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Originally posted by Raunu

No MMO will ever provide enough content for players who like to rush to the end and play 24/7. This is a problem with every MMO that comes out and will continue to be a problem until the end of time.

Wasnt a problem in EQ1, never became a problem.  The whole idea of "end game" was part of WOW.  When leveling times are literally 500+ hours to get to max, people stop trying to rush to 60 or whatevre the cap is and they enjoy the path along the way.

The reality is no developer has the balls to do it that way and tell the customers to take it or leave it.  I honestly bet if the rest of the game was good, well made, etc, more people would take it then leave it.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

I actually felt my own IQ dip after reading that, all I got from that is OH OH OH IM HARDCORE can you see my Epeen todger i'm waving about blah blah blah .

Play 24/7 hells teeth get a job.

People that rush to end game fail 100% to play the game they are actually in, they see nothing of the game as such as they are so focused on the best xp to time stat, heck first created chars that get power levelled by others is a classic example WTF, NO ZERO, ZILCH content should be catered for you at all, in fact why be in the game at all?

DISCLAIMER this was my 3rd attempt to write a reply this is final very toned down version, first version just contained 2 words. 

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Maybe companies should stop producing games that have long, drawn-out, and useless gameplay until you get to the 'real content'. Then, said companies could focus all resources and manpower on making the 'real content'.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    haha this thread was good for a laugh. Obvious trolling though. No one could possibly sympathize. Was fun though

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Originally posted by Raunu

Wasnt a problem in EQ1, never became a problem.  The whole idea of "end game" was part of WOW.  When leveling times are literally 500+ hours to get to max, people stop trying to rush to 60 or whatevre the cap is and they enjoy the path along the way.

The reality is no developer has the balls to do it that way and tell the customers to take it or leave it.  I honestly bet if the rest of the game was good, well made, etc, more people would take it then leave it.

Don't think you ever played EQ1 :)  There were end game guilds raiding fear years before wow came out.  EQ had an end game it just wasn't a race it was a marathon lol.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    End game is all about getting best loot & highest level or skill possible while beating the hardest bosses the game has.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

I'm sorry to say that percentage wise in a player base, you will most likely find that you would be in the minority of the population, most of the players will be in education or a job, why would you want to rush through a game that is ment to be played slowly and enjoyed through role-play, did you not see RPG, in MMORPG. If you want to burn through all of it's content in such a short space of time just because 'you want to max out' and get instant ego stroking and bragging rights  then don't play Everquest, infact most MMO's aren't for you.

Now thats the serious stuff out the way.....Lame trolling attempt.