Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting Rumor

BlumanBluman Member UncommonPosts: 7
So i heard something from someone that works at SoE, it was a few months ago, but she said that they were making deities effect the way you character will look like. :) Obviously its a rumor but i would say its from a reliable source.

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by DMKano

Since factions will matter a lot (supposedly), this would make sense, but it would be hard to pull off as there are many deities in EQ.

Like a Bertoxxulus worshiper would have an aura of disease around them or something along those lines, but how would they handle more subtle deities like Quellious or Rodcet Nife. Or the Nameless?

very cool idea, not sure how they would pull it off.

Skin markings and specific tattoo sets per deity could work.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

its a realistic rumor..

It'd be pretty cool if you chose one of the evil deities and eventually became more evil or grotesque looking.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by tank017

its a realistic rumor..

It'd be pretty cool if you chose one of the evil deities and eventually became more evil or grotesque looking.

Sort of like going to the Darkside in KOTOR... that would be cool actually. 

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Sounds like they are stealing ideas from SWTOR .
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Fable did this way befor SWTOR...

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Trudge34

yep

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Grailer

your point bro?

as if they cant share ideas.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I like this idea but you do know that a large section of the community will now start whining about not having access to all content with one character.
  • AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Grailer

I wouldn't mind them taking the single good feature from the game

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    I like this idea but you do know that a large section of the community will now start whining about not having access to all content with one character.

Perhaps they'll let you change deities?

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Drakynn

Or complain that the character they CHOSE to play is forced to look a certain way.  

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    What about the atheists?
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Someone, makes an account, and as a first post, spouts off about a rumor and you all go crazy.

Reality, it prob is not a rumor just a seed planted from the hype tree to see what sprouts.

Real reality, it's in EQN, and racial diety tattoo designs have been done before so relax :)

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• GreezGreez Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    What about the atheists?

I didn't really play EQ but I think there was this race of cats, and they didn't have any gods but just "respected" some chieftan of theirs.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Troll has been fed...although it is a good idea and I would enjoy it.

I am amazed at how well they have kept everything in the black box. EQN has been in development for years. Id imagine someone would of mentioned to a friend or whoever some details that would of found their way online.

I live in San Diego and knew a few EQ Guides/CSR people back in the day, they didn't exactly hide there GM type stuff from me. They weren't secret agents or anything, but I'm not sure I could resist blabbing about EQN. Shows either EQN devs are really good at keeping a secret or their friends are.

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125
    definitely an interesting rumor that I agree is realistic... I'd like it. It'd add fluff to your character. Even better would be as someone said if you could, with a challenge change deity (to avoid whining), or perhaps in the gfx options disable the visual effect (I don't like an aura for example, or the halos in fable)

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50

KOTOR did this way before Fable ;)

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    It would pair nicely with a regular aging mechanic.  Because of the amount of time put into playing a character it could be a point of pride to have a toon that looks older.  I think the idea of alignment farther defining a players look outside of gear is great.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

knights of the old republic did this way before fable

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Aelious
    It would pair nicely with a regular aging mechanic.  Because of the amount of time put into playing a character it could be a point of pride to have a toon that looks older.  I think the idea of alignment farther defining a players look outside of gear is great.

Aging in an mmo has always been in my mmo dreams.. Like in Fable. of course, it'd get boring just looking old all the time, im sure there are ways around that though.. I doubt this is in though, very very unlikely :)

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Just as long as I don't like some angry guy who found out his friends farted on his pillow if I choose to be evil-aligned then I am ok with it.

Come to think of it... how do you look evil? I mean in a realistic non-over the top way?

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

yep

EDIT: oops double post

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by tkreep

yep

EDIT: oops double post

Don't worry, Bastila still loves you :P.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

its a realistic rumor..

I've always wanted to be grotesque, or perhaps horrid to look at.  ;)