Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Cutthroat Politics Coming July 23rd! Details Inside!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The fine folks at ArenaNet and NCsoft sent us some political posters and buttons to get the word out about the upcoming July 23rd Guild Wars 2 update: Cutthroat Politics. Along with allowing players to "rock the vote" and choose who will be the new Council member (Evon Gnashblade or Ellen Kiel), a host of new activities and features are being added as well.  Read on!

From the Press Letter:

The future of Lion's Arch is in your hands! The explosive events of the Effigy Ceremony at the Dragon Bash left an empty seat on the Captain's Council of Lion's Arch. Now, it's up to the players to support a new Council candidate to victory! War hero Ellen Kiel and Black Lion Trader Evon Gnashblade are both determined to claim the empty seat - help one of them and the results will seriously impact the future events and the Living World we have come to love and cherish!

Earn support tokens as you play Guild Wars 2 during the two weeks of the Cutthroat Politics release, and then use those tokens to help your favorite candidate accrue influence. The winner will show their appreciation by reducing the cost of certain goods or services, hosting a permanent rotation of well-loved mini-games, and sponsoring Mists research into one of two historical events.

Along with a vibrant campaign, the Cutthroat Politics release brings with it three new activities and new, exclusive rewards.  Participate in the Southsun Survival or Aspect Arena activities, or test your mettle in the new Candidate Trials PVE Challenge. When doing so, you can earn a beautiful Desert Rose. stylish Zephyr Rucksack, or a little miniature Ellen Kiel and Evon Gnashblade of your very own!

Stay tuned next week for more info on the Cutthroat Politics release, but check out the propaganda we were mailed below.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I wonder if this truly leads to the introduction of crystal desert as a new zone later this year as some people speculate.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by QSatu
    I wonder if this truly leads to the introduction of crystal desert as a new zone later this year as some people speculate.

I hope so, since Glint is dead. It would be interesting to see what happened that after her death. Glint died in the book, Edge of Destiny.

I also noticed that TERA has introduced pirates also. Talk about copying lol.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

this reminds of the awesomeness of War in Kryta in GW1 and their OBEY / DISMANTLE campaign... i hope that the results will be server based, and guesting to different servers will make you experience the other side winning

anyway this is totally cool to allow the community to decide the future of the game, even if it will not be permanent. moving towards the right direction. GJ ANET!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Ellen kiel i'm all yours babe! kiel for council.

Evon is totally boring.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Down with the Charr!
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Still no WvW improvements.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by monarc333
    Down with the Charr!

Ein for President!

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Are you serious? WvW had a lot of improvements this year.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This is pretty cool. Baby steps, but still steps.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Sorry Kiel, but Gnashblade soundly wins Rapeface 2013.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • cougmerrikcougmerrik Member Posts: 15
    Having pirates is not copying....  GW2 has always had pirates running the Captain's Council in Lion's Arch.  The city was built by pirates.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by botrytis

I hope so, since Glint is dead. It would be interesting to see what happened that after her death. Glint died in the book, Edge of Destiny.

Actually Korean Tera had Pirates way before GW2. 

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by velmax

And GW1 had them way before that ;) Really, what is the point of even pointing this out? Who cares. Lol. 

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Guild Wars 2: One of the few games that doesn't require milking of the customer in order to make great updates.
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Why won't you guys just let bygones be bygones. Yes the Char did some questionable thiings in the past, but without them these last few decades, where would Tyria be. I say a vote for Char is a vote for everyone's future.  

After all we've seen what happens when humans are in charge  DRAGON!!!  Do we want more dragons? Well that's what happens when you vote for humans. 

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    well if you believe some of the data mining, if you vote for the Char then you'll get the Hunger Royale mini-game (if you remember from the beta)
  • 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I know I want more dragons !
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I support the flame legion....errr I meant Evon yeah that's it! ;)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Ellen Kiel has my vote. We need more War Heroes at the top. Black Lion Trader reminds me of Trade Prince Gallywix for some reason. Dont like him at all.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Thanks for the spoiler bro.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by velmax

Corsair circa 2k7, GW1 Nightfall. Calm all dat down bruh bruh.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Vote Jormag for president!

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Originally posted by johaocarl
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Are you serious? WvW had a lot of improvements this year.

WvW has had a lot of changes this year, very few are actually improvements.  The main problem is that the gameplay is fundamentally unchanged since release.  Same two map sets, same balance of power, same old same old.  Both WvW and Dungeons are in dire need of some serious renovation that this Living World strategy doesn't seem to allow for.

As to this leg of the LW, it sounds like the winner will be decided based on which kind of content is linked to who wins, and it's a token grind too.  Shame.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Hmm... Now this sounds more like "living" story than what ArenaNet was doing before. I may have quit too soon.

Smile