Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is like the ES single player games, will surprise the doubters!!!

khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

All I can say is this game will surprise the doubters, everything they are saying about the game being cheap, nothing like the 1 player game and about the graphics, etc.  all wrong.

It will have top notch graphics, top of the line animation, voiced npcs and all the good stuff from the 1 player games where it lets you pick everything up, read stuff, search bookcases, everything is there.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by khameleon
    All I can say is this game will surprise the doubters, everything they are saying about the game being cheap, nothing like the 1 player game and about the graphics, etc.  all wrong.It will have top notch graphics, top of the line animation, voiced npcs and all the good stuff from the 1 player games where it lets you pick everything up, read stuff, search bookcases, everything is there.  

how do you know? or is that what you hope?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

All I can say is this game will surprise the doubters, everything they are saying about the game being cheap, nothing like the 1 player game and about the graphics, etc.  all wrong.

It will have top notch graphics, top of the line animation, voiced npcs and all the good stuff from the 1 player games where it lets you pick everything up, read stuff, search bookcases, everything is there.

Are you breaking NDA or are you trolling?  For your sake you better be the latter.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Hopefully I'll be able to verify this for myself soon.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Wonder what else there is to do other then PvP in Crodill, Craft, Progress and combat?  Wonder what they are going to add to replace al lthe little activities that made games like Skyrim so immersive.  I suspect nothing and In the end the game will quickly go the way of SWTOR. Heavy on the solo play and little to no longevity.  If that's the case they should of just made another single player TES game.  Because unless they can add all the depth of a Skyrim or Morrowind then this game will fail.  No matter how cool it seems or how fun it is to level.  That newness will wear off and you will eventually reach level cap and then what?  Suspect not much therefore the majority of the players will move on to the next "new shiny" Themepark MMO.

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    What they should of done is scrap the MMO idea and took a page out of pre-EA Biowares book with NWN1 and allowed people a toolset and the ability to host their own servers. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

I feel so bad for people that just talk bad about every game coming out, they have no fun, they play "troll forum mmo" while others enjoy games daily.

I haven't broken any NDA, everything I said has been announced in the past, but I do already know the game will be great, how? You can guess that.

Like I said, wait and see or you can just talk bad and skip the game without trying it I guess and play forum mmo the rest of your life.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    I do not really want an MMO to be like a single player game.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

I feel so bad for people that just talk bad about every game coming out, they have no fun, they play "troll forum mmo" while others enjoy games daily.

I haven't broken any NDA, everything I said has been announced in the past, but I do already know the game will be great, how? You can guess that.

Like I said, wait and see or you can just talk bad and skip the game without trying it I guess and play forum mmo the rest of your life.

The mmorpg forum is pointless to post anymore, only trolls run this site! Trolls that will always hate on any game.

Originally posted by Anireth

Ditto. 

Tried it and took me 2 years of MMO stagnation because I was exactly like the OP a year ago because I was hopping from one shiny new MMO to the next.  I used to be a doubter like the OP and demean people for saying the things I say now but I did not understand what they meant and it took me 3 MMO's in 1 year and a quick wakeup call from an E3 announcement to understand what they were saying.

That's not what I said. I said it will have all the good stuff from the single player game implemented into an MMO game, of course they will have added tons of things that you do with groups now and ways to interact with others that is not in the 1 player ESO games.

People love ES because you can pick locks, talk to NPCs with tons of dialog and detailed voice/text, find and read books all over, pick up things in each house, then use it to craft, look in chests, drawers, cupboards, etc.  All those details is what they will take and put it into an MMO and much more.

These people on here that just say "blah blah themepark" are miserable. If they want a sandbox go play darkfall and the games you all said would be the greatest ever, shouldn't you be happy already and have the game of your dreams?

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by velmax

The mmorpg forum is pointless to post anymore, only trolls run this site! Trolls that will always hate on any game.

You forgot about those who aggressively attack naysayers, until one tiny announcement is made about something they do not agree with, then they become the worst of the lot in terms of outlandish statements and negativity.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

You forgot about those who aggressively attack naysayers, until one tiny announcement is made about something they do not agree with, then they become the worst of the lot in terms of outlandish statements and negativity.

I think even the site is giving you a hint buddy... "Give it a rest" as your title.

The guy is right, all people do on here is get mad that anybody enjoys any games. They are mad others are happy playing a game or looking forward to one so they want to try to talk them out of it, its hilarious.....

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Originally posted by Distopia

I think even the site is giving you a hint buddy... "Give it a rest" as your title.

<--- is not sure what you mean? You do realize my title is drifter right?

The guy is right, all people do on here is get mad that anybody enjoys any games. They are mad others are happy playing a game or looking forward to one so they want to try to talk them out of it, its hilarious.....

I was also agreeing with him...image The "give it a rest" is aimed directly at those people.

That's not what I said. I said it will have all the good stuff from the single player game implemented into an MMO game, of course they will have added tons of things that you do with groups now and ways to interact with others that is not in the 1 player ESO games.

People love ES because you can pick locks, talk to NPCs with tons of dialog and detailed voice/text, find and read books all over, pick up things in each house, then use it to craft, look in chests, drawers, cupboards, etc.  All those details is what they will take and put it into an MMO and much more.

These people on here that just say "blah blah themepark" are miserable. If they want a sandbox go play darkfall and the games you all said would be the greatest ever, shouldn't you be happy already and have the game of your dreams?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Last I looked there none of the good stuff that kept me immersed being implemented in TESO.  Where's my housing.  Wheres my companions?  My ability to carry on a romantic involvement with Lydia? The ability to kill most any NPC that rubs me the wrong way (talking about Dawnstar here), wheres my ability to creat a 4 square mile collage of my dead bodies spelling out "help me" or by ability to roll 10,000 Cheese Wheels down the side of a mountain because I can, or my ability to steal, rob and kill my way across the quest lines.  Or here's a novel approach, will I be able to visit 200+ Points of Interest per zone in TESO?  Chances are I won't from all likely hood the density of the POI system known widely in all the signle player games has been neutered for a more traditional MMO linear approach.  Sadly the same mistake GW2 made with hearts and now TESO is making with their game.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Last I looked there none of the good stuff that kept me immersed being implemented in TESO.  Where's my housing.  Wheres my companions?  My ability to carry on a romantic involvement with Lydia? The ability to kill most any NPC that rubs me the wrong way (talking about Dawnstar here), wheres my ability to creat a 4 square mile collage of my dead bodies spelling out "help me" or by ability to roll 10,000 Cheese Wheels down the side of a mountain because I can, or my ability to steal, rob and kill my way across the quest lines.  Or here's a novel approach, will I be able to visit 200+ Points of Interest per zone in TESO?  Chances are I won't from all likely hood the density of the POI system known widely in all the signle player games has been neutered for a more traditional MMO linear approach.  Sadly the same mistake GW2 made with hearts and now TESO is making with their game.

The issue with you is you think, what you want is what everyone else wants. Everything you listed I couldn't care less about and that to me is certainly not what makes Elder Scrolls great.

I can't roll cheese down a hill? Well ok, that is not a big deal. If that is what made you enjoy the Elder scrolls maybe you should buy yourself some blocks, as it seems the small things keep you entertained more.

Housing? First of all, housing may not exist yet but what makes you think they will not put it in later? Actually, I can almost certainly say they would add housing in a later update after release. It's an MMO, what you get on release isn't the final content.

I admit, not being able to kill NPC's does kinda suck. However, that is most certainly not game breaking and not why I enjoyed the Elder Scrolls. Them taking this away isn't such a huge deal to me. You never really got anything out of killing an NPC anyway, besides being a murderer in the game lol and paying fine or going to jail. Wasn't even that fun, was more of a pain.

The dead bodies comment, is just kinda dumb. Again if the simple things is what makes you enjoy the game and everything else means nothing, then you should go play in an actual sandbox and kill some ants, you would be entertained for hours.

ESO has stealing, so that point is a failed point. Unless you mean stealing from players? However, if that is the case, I am glad that isn't in the game. Or do you mean pick pocketing? In which case, that very well could be in the game, I have not heard anything saying it wasn't or it was. I just heard you can steal things.

As for the poi system, now you are making things up, this you couldn't possibly know unless you played the game. Also, from what I heard, it's the other way around. It's suppose to be very similar to Elder Scrolls games.

Honestly, I have already been warned once on these forums and it won't happen again. However, you lost all my respect 100%. Everything that comes out of your mouth is all non sense. You are a troll. You come here just to start arguments with a game you apparently think will suck, yet you are here.

You seem to think your opinion means everything to everyone. Well I got news for you, your opinion means nothing to no one. If you want to really argue, then show me some proof. Show me some evidence. Show me something that isn't your biased opinion. Show me something that actually makes sense. Currently, all you have shown me is that the small things keep you entertained, and you have posted this non sense in many topics already, as if it really means anything.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Wonder what else there is to do other then PvP in Crodill, Craft, Progress and combat?  Wonder what they are going to add to replace al lthe little activities that made games like Skyrim so immersive.  I suspect nothing and In the end the game will quickly go the way of SWTOR. Heavy on the solo play and little to no longevity.  If that's the case they should of just made another single player TES game.  Because unless they can add all the depth of a Skyrim or Morrowind then this game will fail.  No matter how cool it seems or how fun it is to level.  That newness will wear off and you will eventually reach level cap and then what?  Suspect not much therefore the majority of the players will move on to the next "new shiny" Themepark MMO.

Are you asking the same type of things in the same negative way in the EQ next forums because you know a lot less about that game and have a completely different attitude there. You really haven't seen much of this game in person at all. Just wait a little longer to try it. You might be surprised and enjoy it despite your ridiculous references to SWTOR. Let it go already.

There Is Always Hope!

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

I figure this game is multiplayer PvE with mmorpg PvP.

Why may you ask?

Well I figure its Bathesda bringing a strong named game into MMOs they may want to use it to introduce Elder Scroll players to the genre and bring more MMORPG players to the Elder Scrolls.

The future of MMORPGs is upon us and for good reason. Everything has its time and its place...it only makes sense to be careful and keep the Elders Scrolls Players happy with 3 different alliances to enjoy more of Tamriel in immersive PvE. Have Cryodiil be huge battlegrounds where players can enjoy all facets of PvP & AvA(RvR) in a much better fashion then DAoC for MMORPG players. If you don't see the genius in this design I don't know what to tell ya.

I've seen alot happen in this industry as I owned an APPLE IIE when I bought it in high school back in 82 (paid roughly $2000). I played Wizadry & Bard's Tale  and many, many others...have been gaming off and on since...seen alot come and alot go...single RPGs and MMORPGs. The hardest part for MMORPG developers to overcome is pushing the limits technologically and considering the specs for the next generation console on par with decent gaming rigs these days; They have to be careful as this is the primary reason a MMORPG game flops and this is why I would play it safe yet safe works no problem whatsoever for Elder Scrolls cuz they can't mess it up if they stick with their successful graphical goodness and game mechanics that have been improving and becoming more verstile...some of the best single players games ever to come our way.

Elder Scrolls is the only single player RPG that has really had good replayability to me as I can hardly bring myself to play single player games anymore. Artificial Intelligence has its limits and even pathing for MOBs in Skyrim was pretty pathetic at times...but its getting better and better. Until then we have to fully embrace PvP and coop play as much as possible and hope the genre improves as quickly as technology seems to...at the very least.

Will be nice if they could release an optimized 64bit client as this is the next big step I see more MMORPGs trying to really conquer.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

I hope you are right. I think almost everyone hopes you are right. The biggest naysayers are usually the ones who were the biggest fans and suffered the greatest disappointment.

Again, I really, really hope you are right.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I played this, it's just another MMO. You level up your class abilities (your 1,2,3 skills) not Sword or Block, just the skills they associate with it. This isn't Elder Scrolls, it's just ElderScrolls with an Online slapped on the box. If you want an MMO, you can play this, or TOR, or FF14 or any other MMO out there. But if you want an ES game, play Skyrim or Oblivion or Morrowind. This game isn't for me, because it's just another MMO and if I wanted to play that I'll stick with 14. I wasn't hoping this would be different nor was I caught up in hype, so I had no great hope for it, but I was still disappointed in this at the end. If others like, great, I'm not telling you to no play this, but don't go in this thinking it's another ES game, it's just another MMO.
    Originally posted by keithian

Are you asking the same type of things in the same negative way in the EQ next forums because you know a lot less about that game and have a completely different attitude there. You really haven't seen much of this game in person at all. Just wait a little longer to try it. You might be surprised and enjoy it despite your ridiculous references to SWTOR. Let it go already.

Because EQN is going to be a sandbox.  You know it's going to have stuff that keeps players immersed in the game other then leveling, combat and loot grinds.  Because that's basically all TESO is going to have, it's not going to have any of the systems in place that keeps the players around for longer then a few months.  How do I know this without ever playing the game?  Because its the same shit that's been propagated for close to 6 years now, level up, run dungeons or PvP for gear and get bored 3 months in and quit and wait on the next Themepark fallacy.

Until TESO shows it can develop solid content that espouses systems and ideas that stray from the failed http://www.keenandgraev.com/2011/03/01/the-3-month-er  then TESO is doomed to follow the same path of the likes of WAR or SWTOR.

Because EQN is going to be a sandbox.  You know it's going to have stuff that keeps players immersed in the game other then leveling, combat and loot grinds.  Because that's basically all TESO is going to have, it's not going to have any of the systems in place that keeps the players around for longer then a few months.  How do I know this without ever playing the game?  Because its the same shit that's been propagated for close to 6 years now, level up, run dungeons or PvP for gear and get bored 3 months in and quit and wait on the next Themepark fallacy.

Until TESO shows it can develop solid content that espouses systems and ideas that stray from the failed http://www.keenandgraev.com/2011/03/01/the-3-month-er  then TESO is doomed to follow the same path of the likes of WAR or SWTOR.

Sandbox does not mean the game will be good smart person. I find it funny, a company can toot the word sandbox and you get all giddy with excitement and act like it's going to be the best thing ever with out knowing even a fraction about the game.

Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Sandbox does not mean the game will be good smart person. I find it funny, a company can toot the word sandbox and you get all giddy with excitement and act like it's going to be the best thing ever with out knowing even a fraction about the game.

Before E3 and before I fell out of favor with TESO I couldn't care less about EQN but seeing as Zenimax ruined any hopes in making TESO anything other then another 3 month MMO and 2 of the most established and well respected MMO sites gave EQN best in show then its fairly obvious the game will deliver.  Being produced by a Triple A studio (the 1st studio AAA studio to develop a sandbox mind you) doesn't hurt either.

I'm not saying TESO is going to be bad because I will most assuredly play it, but I have no illsuions to the fact that endgame will be boring and "samey", because nothing released so far shows otherwise.  All they tout are the systems that people have grown bored of once the new shiny wore off.  In fact I would bet a years salary that what you do at level cap will be pretty much the same crap you do in any MMO.  Level up, progress your character, and grind for loot.

Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Before E3 and before I fell out of favor with TESO I couldn't care less about EQN but seeing as Zenimax ruined any hopes in making TESO anything other then another 3 month MMO and 2 of the most established and well respected MMO sites gave EQN best in show then its fairly obvious the game will deliver.  Being produced by a Triple A studio (the 1st studio AAA studio to develop a sandbox mind you) doesn't hurt either.

I'm not saying TESO is going to be bad because I will most assuredly play it, but I have no illsuions to the fact that endgame will be boring and "samey", because nothing released so far shows otherwise.  All they tout are the systems that people have grown bored of once the new shiny wore off.  In fact I would bet a years salary that what you do at level cap will be pretty much the same crap you do in any MMO.  Level up, progress your character, and grind for loot.

Well we will see. You very well could be right. I just think it's kinda crazy you rag on ESO so much. I think you really need to give it a rest. It's like you hover over these topics just waiting for someone to be excited about ESO and then you reply just to bash it.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

So if every game ever made was good, we'd have no trolls at all? Is there a cause at work behind this effect?

Incidentally: The folks that run this site have often been accused of, if anything, being far too complimentary of some really weak titles. See their last several "Game of the Year" picks...