Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pictures of the Commonlands

evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Some environmental art linked by a dev:

http://imgur.com/a/idMSU#Qtpqq0a

Looks nice, although I kinda miss the EQ2 desert / sahara style for the Commonlands.

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    ?!? That doesn't look like art....
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Yeah, looks like a screen shot of the land. Looks similar (although about 13 years newer) to the original grass section of the commonlands. Mountains on one side and the grass on the other. Can't quite tell if there's a strip of desert near the mountain.

Looks awesome though!

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Aelious
    ?!? That doesn't look like art....

"beauty resides in the eyes of the beholder"

Personally I don't think it's great but it's certainly not bad and given that it looks more like a screenshot than a blatant attempt to inspire awe than I can cut it some slack.

Yeah they had those conceptuals with the huge rocks for Ro, should look great. Those have to be SS because it looks very similar to PS2.

Thanks Evilastro!!
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Which dev posted this? Those look like PS2 screenshots to me.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Looks good.  Of course it's not a finished product, so maybe it will even be better.  But frankly, that is good enough and hardly cartoonish.

I'm looking forward to getting more peeks here and there as they are released.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Well that pretty much confirms it's stylized graphics, but definitely looks WAY better than wow / wildstar type stylized.  Looks like a decent mix.  Hey if it takes dealing with somewhat stylized graphics to have a seamless world without chunk loading (Vanguard) I can deal.  Also gives me hope after seeing the god awful concept art released a couple days ago
    After all the stylized v realistic threads that were popping up I'm really happy with the looks if this is a real screenshot of the commonlands. I don't mind some gaudy armor as much as I hate the cartoony colors of WoW and WildStar and similar games.

Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

It also should quell fears of EQN being too cartoony of that's the color palette and shading that they are using.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Well that pretty much confirms it's stylized graphics, but definitely looks WAY better than wow / wildstar type stylized.  Looks like a decent mix.  Hey if it takes dealing with somewhat stylized graphics to have a seamless world without chunk loading (Vanguard) I can deal.  Also gives me hope after seeing the god awful concept art released a couple days ago

Exactly.  It is not realistic per se, that would be a hardware killer unless you want to chop the world up into little pieces like SWTOR. 

• DinshuDinshu Member Posts: 4
    Makes sense that it looks so much like planetside 2 since at many times Smed has said they'd be using the same engine. Just hope it doesnt have the same terrible optimization.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Iadien

Hmm it was one of the devs on Twitter earlier today (I have an account just to stalk / follow their tweets) but I cant find it now to link.

Edit: Also it has a 2013 copywrite stamp, I think PS2 would have had 2012 based on the year it was launched.  

Originally posted by evilastro

Hmm it was one of the devs on Twitter earlier today (I have an account just to stalk / follow their tweets) but I cant find it now to link.

Gotta screenshot that stuff! They're not supposed to be sharing anything in-game. They look exactly like PS2 though.

Originally posted by evilastro

Gotta screenshot that stuff! They're not supposed to be sharing anything in-game. They look exactly like PS2 though.

They should look similar. It's using the same engine. :P

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Of course it looks like PS2 people its the same game engine.  Forge Light was designed for EQN, but they used it on PS2 remember EQN was suppose to be out first.
    Anyway, I'm fairly certain these are from Amerish. EQN won't look exactly like PS2, that would be silly.
  • ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145

I hope these are EQN screenshots. But as of now I'm assuming this is Planet Side 2.

We need proof :)

I'm searching all the Dev twitters. Can't find any links. Did a reverse image search and nothing came up (which is a good sign).

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Those are Planetside 2 screenshots. If these were linked to by a dev, he would have posted the link.
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by William12
    Of course it looks like PS2 people its the same game engine.  Forge Light was designed for EQN, but they used it on PS2 remember EQN was suppose to be out first.

A game engine does not determine the graphical style of a game.

Originally posted by ice-vortex
    Those are Planetside 2 screenshots. If these were linked to by a dev, he would have posted the link.

Yeah definitely Planetside 2 or Amerish. We're being trolled.

This picture was on Reddit one day ago.

http://i.imgur.com/p9JsJuu.jpg

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by ClassicEQ

This picture was on Reddit one day ago.

http://i.imgur.com/p9JsJuu.jpg

So Planetside 2 screen shots or leaked EQN?  Disappointing if they aren't EQN as it had quelled my concerns for about 10 minutes now regarding the graphic style, lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1i40bo/will_we_see_antonica_like_this/

Yeah, thought so.

Amerish is pretty though.

It's a possibility that the OP saw a dev respond to a tweet asking whether or not EQN will look similar to those screenshots......