Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: 72 Hour Trial Offered

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Players who have yet to experience Defiance can now check the game out for free thanks to a new 72-hour free trial. During the time-limited promotion, game play is unlimited.

With the FREE PC trial you get the following:

• Time limited access to the full game!*

• 200 EGO rating cap

• Ability to carry over all progress, rewards and purchases made in the Defiance Store to the full game once purchased**

Your free trial will start as soon as you sign up, so make sure to download the client immediately after signing up.

Get started on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Hmm 3 day trial and on steam the game is available for 10€.

Guess they are trying to hook the people now who saw the show but didn't buy the game.

Harbinger of Fools
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Yup Defiance is now on sale on Steam for £6.70

if there was ever a time to give the game a try, then now might be it, but.. even at that price have to admit, im not tempted, its a third person shooter and just not my thing.image

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    its not giving me access to log in
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by tkreep
    its not giving me access to log in

You have to register your key first (assuming you bought it from Steam).

And yeah... for €10 it's one to grab. Game is not perfect, but at that price it should give enough fun already ;)

• SpeakzzzSpeakzzz Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Unlimited game play... Yeah I see what they did there. You can go anywhere and do anything yet your level will be capped @ 200. You have to love how companies twist wording to make it true yet deceive you. I would say though limiting me to 200 is not unlimited.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Well in all fairness - back then I enjoyed my trial of tsw and bought the game when it got cheaper.

The reason why I am unsure about this one is.. it's as said a third person shooter AND I expect the game to go f2p within the next 6 months anyway.

Harbinger of Fools
  • TaotavTaotav Member UncommonPosts: 14
    You can do all its content in 72h :D
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    AND I expect the game to go f2p within the next 6 months anyway.

The game is buy to play.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    At least make the trial client work! 
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

On Steam the price of this game recently dropped and now they are giving away free 72 hour passes.  Could be wrong but it seems like they are in dire need of people to play this game.  If this did not involve PvP then I might have given this a go but....

Ratero.

• KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Rhonen

On Steam the price of this game recently dropped and now they are giving away free 72 hour passes.  Could be wrong but it seems like they are in dire need of people to play this game.  If this did not involve PvP then I might have given this a go but....

Ratero.

They are. it's was DOA, launch day.  It will run with a skeleton group of niche players that have little taste. Younger console kiddies with a little "Puter" experience. "Push button ..go!"

This time next year, it'll be shutdown.

• ErindalErindal Member UncommonPosts: 54

Ratero.

This doesn't involve PvP in fact. 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I already feel bad for the people who play the game for 3 days and buy it afterwards, expecting more.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Ratero.

PvP is completely seperate from PVE play, it affects nothing you would be doing anyway.

@ the other poster who complained about EGO levels-

Ego level only affects the perks you can equip, you can be level 1 and run all the way to other side of the map and still be just fine. Weapons do not increase in DMG with level, you only get minor(x1.03, yeah .03% difference in dmg) from mods added.

So much misinformation in this thread already. Should look into a game before running your mouth off about it, eh?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Neat. I will give this a go sometime soon.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• KrenusKrenus Member Posts: 26

decided to try the game but its not downloading. I get the error patched failed and that is it.

spend time on thier site trying to find a reason that the game will not download.

has anyone been able to get in teh game on this trial?

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Krenus

decided to try the game but its not downloading. I get the error patched failed and that is it.

spend time on thier site trying to find a reason that the game will not download.

has anyone been able to get in teh game on this trial?

Had the same problem but after 2 or 3 updates it finally patched.  I read disabling anti-virus and run as Admin might help.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Volgore
    I already feel bad for the people who play the game for 3 days and buy it afterwards, expecting more.

Kind of what I was thinking - seems everyone goes through the first few days to week honeymoon and then it's reality time. 

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    This game is shallow. If you're looking for a game to play for a few weeks, this is it. Personally, it's not worth the time it takes to download & set up an account. Be warned.
  • Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

have to agree with klepto. Game was well worth the money (got it on ps3). I enjoyed it for about 3 weeks but then moved on.

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by Kleptobrainiac
    This game is shallow. If you're looking for a game to play for a few weeks, this is it. Personally, it's not worth the time it takes to download & set up an account. Be warned.

oh dude, did you enter your 100+ arkfall codes?

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148
    gg on having the worst patcher ever. If patching is this bad then i wonder what the game must be like? 
  • moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
    was going to play this but the  patcher is broken ...

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Speakzzz
    Unlimited game play... Yeah I see what they did there. You can go anywhere and do anything yet your level will be capped @ 200. You have to love how companies twist wording to make it true yet deceive you. I would say though limiting me to 200 is not unlimited.

Yet you totally avoid the part where they use 'time-limited' and 'unlimited' in the same sentence?.. and it was MMORPG that said unlimited. Not Trion. Trion are only saying it's time-limited.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by velmax
    At least make the trial client work! 

Or allow us to use current Trion account. When trying to use I get response that this account is not entitled to play Defiance. Of course it is not! I want TRIAL for 3 days then will see.