Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 things this game needs, point and click and chat bubbles

1. )  after playing this game... theres no reason to make us use the wasd to navigate... 

i can easily accomplish the same thing just by clicking off in the distance instead of forcing me to hold W... now some of you love wasd and thats fine.. but this game really doesn't need it, i understand for games like tera where theres lots of movement and action but in a relaxing slow pace game like this.. it really doesn't need it.

attacking an enemy is stupid, you click them and then have to walk next to them.. rather then just click them .. it accomplishes the same thing!!

2. ) chat bubbles is needed, the towns seem void of life, nobody is chatting, and if they are , i dont pay attention because its in a stupid chat log with a bunch of spam.. i was talking to someone using "tell" and its stupid annoying, it would have been easier to just walk up and have my chat bubble saying hi..

before you complain about clutter.. theres easily ways to make it not clutter.. limits/proximity/ fading.. 

and whats the alternative? staring at you chat log? sometimes someone right next to me is talking to me and i woudln't even notice.. and in battles the chat log is spamed with crap, instead of seeing what your friend is saying.. could easily be on the battle field..

this should be a standard feature.. it doesn't feel naturally social at all.. 

Comments

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    IMO every mmo should have chat bubbles. spamming be damned, it's worth it.
  • Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    *hate* chat bubbles...
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Op....can't say I agree with either of your suggestions. I'm a wasd user. Point and click in FRONTLINES = death

I would agree combat needs a major upgrade

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

1) Press 'r'

So you want the system to run up to the enemy and attack it as soon as you click on it? What if you're ranged? You gain positional advantage when behind or beside so targeting and then getting into position is sort of a good idea in this game.

2) I think it was Wizardry that used chat bubbles and I found them annoying. Just a personal opinion but I definitely prefer just reading the chat box with a filter on (ignore shout/Area).

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

1) Press 'r'

So you want the system to run up to the enemy and attack it as soon as you click on it? What if you're ranged? You gain positional advantage when behind or beside so targeting and then getting into position is sort of a good idea in this game.

2) I think it was Wizardry that used chat bubbles and I found them annoying. Just a personal opinion but I definitely prefer just reading the chat box with a filter on (ignore shout/Area).

then point to where you want to be, aint that hard, ulitmately your still auto aiming , this game is auto everything, a dice roll will tell you if you miss..

im just saying having wasd usually means more action oriented and twitchy, putting it into such a slow pace game like this adds nothing to the gameplay and is a chore.. 

imagine playing d3 and doing it... instead of just clicking where you want to go easily..

i prefer wasd in games that needs it, this game does not need it at all

2.) reading the chat log with millions of other crap lumped into it.. and then you gotta ignore everything? if im standing next to a stranger and want to chat.. i have to pray hes looking at the stupid chat log or it gets swept away..

just look at the towns.. its dead and no chatter going on.. even the npcs have cool chat bubbles on top of them.  it really really looses the social aspect.. and obviously other games use it and it works.. 

• beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    yep. needs chat bubbles.

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

As long as they can be disabled.

Point and click would be useful considering the amount of AoE kiting they make us do.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by JeremyBowyer
    IMO every mmo should have chat bubbles. spamming be damned, it's worth it.

and WASD.

OP wants point and click, as long as the WASD is there as the main movement controll, they can add all the point and click they want.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

lack of chat bubbles make it easier to be ignored, relying on whispers to talk to anyone even if its next to you.

Im totally in support of chat bubbles. I love Chat bubbles in GW2. Very nicely done. FF14 can do it that well too.

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141

I don't understand the point of this post.

Chat bubbles?

Youre afraid of getting ignored because the other party didn't see you message in a chat bubble?!

What happens when you are talking to multiple people? Do I have to focus on 3 different chat bubbles? Talk about annoying and dumb.

What if Im mining and focused on the ore im beating. Some dude is behind me and out of my field of vision. I'm not going to see any damn chat bubble.

Maybe you haven't noticed but whenever someone sends you a tell or whisper there's an alerting sound. Also if youre worried about lousing the dialog in the heat of everything else going on around you, theres a simple button that filters all chat.

I'm constantly amazed at how good this game is, because people need to come up with the dumbest excuses to complain about.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    chat bubbles are stupid for the only reason that u need to be facing these person to read him. Until i know, to hear someone never involve my range of vision.
    Originally posted by Arcticnoon

I don't understand the point of this post.

Chat bubbles?

Youre afraid of getting ignored because the other party didn't see you message in a chat bubble?!

What happens when you are talking to multiple people? Do I have to focus on 3 different chat bubbles? Talk about annoying and dumb.

What if Im mining and focused on the ore im beating. Some dude is behind me and out of my field of vision. I'm not going to see any damn chat bubble.

Maybe you haven't noticed but whenever someone sends you a tell or whisper there's an alerting sound. Also if youre worried about lousing the dialog in the heat of everything else going on around you, theres a simple button that filters all chat.

I'm constantly amazed at how good this game is, because people need to come up with the dumbest excuses to complain about.

right.. because npc having chat bubbles is stupid too right? the chat log is super ineffecient when you just want to stand and talk with someone without the clutter,

it has its uses and obvioulsy other games use it. and if he is behind you then he can easily walk in front of you, and if you wanna do serious chatting then use the channels..

i was talking to someone at random and do you know how annoying it is to just keep clicking on her, select tell, type send

rinse and repeat, when we could have just read each others chat boxes like a freakin comic book? unless your againts comics too.

i do like seeing what people randomly say to each other by just passing them by, the chat box does not feel organic, even something simple as people saying hi to each other i can pass by and see it, it looks and feels social..

i guess some people love staring at chat boxes like this idiot, and how the fuck is it a stupid complaint, if its a fuckin standard in other games and people are use to it? do i have to whisper to someone whos right next to me? or i can just walk up with a speech bubble... 

so i have to filter a bunch of shit out just to do a quick chat with someone? how stupid is that, and the speech bubble chat usually does show up on the chat log anyway

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Just make it an option for those that want it. cmon people, really going to go off on him just because he wants chat bubble/point and click options? You people need Jesus.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

I don't mind chat bubbles, it can't be any worse than PSO2 lol.

Serious note though, it would probably be one of those features that would send the PS3 version over the edge.

• yayaplolsyayaplols Member UncommonPosts: 6
    ... If you have a suggestion, go post it on the Beta Forums.
  • MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by dwarflordking

1. )  after playing this game... theres no reason to make us use the wasd to navigate... 

i can easily accomplish the same thing just by clicking off in the distance instead of forcing me to hold W... now some of you love wasd and thats fine.. but this game really doesn't need it, i understand for games like tera where theres lots of movement and action but in a relaxing slow pace game like this.. it really doesn't need it.

attacking an enemy is stupid, you click them and then have to walk next to them.. rather then just click them .. it accomplishes the same thing!!

2. ) chat bubbles is needed, the towns seem void of life, nobody is chatting, and if they are , i dont pay attention because its in a stupid chat log with a bunch of spam.. i was talking to someone using "tell" and its stupid annoying, it would have been easier to just walk up and have my chat bubble saying hi..

before you complain about clutter.. theres easily ways to make it not clutter.. limits/proximity/ fading.. 

and whats the alternative? staring at you chat log? sometimes someone right next to me is talking to me and i woudln't even notice.. and in battles the chat log is spamed with crap, instead of seeing what your friend is saying.. could easily be on the battle field..

this should be a standard feature.. it doesn't feel naturally social at all.. 

Point and Click has always had a "cheap" feeling ..... Chat bubbles I wouldn't complain too much ... but point and click???? NO THANK YOU :)

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

why are people bashing on OP? it seems easy to implement and you they can give ability to see chat bubbles/ minions whatever. 

as for OP: I really suggest you post it in feedback section under UI and other game mechanics, the devs really listens. There was an interview where Yoshi mentioned how they work with soo much feedback. and he said the CM takes all feedback of the day and put it in list then send it to dev team, next day in the morning it get filtered to invistigate and fix/implement or provide feeedback why it is not implemented. he was very keen to mention that not a single feedback is ignored and we have seen it for the compiled feedback list they did after phase 2.

Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

why are people bashing on OP? it seems easy to implement and you they can give ability to see chat bubbles/ minions whatever. 

as for OP: I really suggest you post it in feedback section under UI and other game mechanics, the devs really listens. There was an interview where Yoshi mentioned how they work with soo much feedback. and he said the CM takes all feedback of the day and put it in list then send it to dev team, next day in the morning it get filtered to invistigate and fix/implement or provide feeedback why it is not implemented. he was very keen to mention that not a single feedback is ignored and we have seen it for the compiled feedback list they did after phase 2.

yes i already have posted it in the beta forums, i hope the devs are listening because nobody has replied except 1 troll who called me a troll for wanting this,

and from the beta forums, alot of people hate looking at the chat logs, and several threads are asking for the chat bubbles

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

point and click for moving? um, no thank you. 

chat bubbles? yes please

edit: if it's an option (for both_ im sure that would make everyone happy. WoW has them both as selectable options in the systems menu

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

While I don't really have an opinion either way for chat bubbles, I'm for having them implemented if that's what people want.

In regards to point-and-click, as long as WASD stays in the game and point-to-click can be toggled off, I'm alright with it.   However, many battles require you to move around and escape from problematic areas.  I don't think point-and-click would be very useful in these instances when there are either many enemies or many players on the screen.  You'd either end up clicking on an enemy/player instead of the spot you'd like to move, and then you'd die.