Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is proof that Square Enix doesn't half @&& games

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Think about Final Fantasy I thru IX. They were perfect games. Each game getting better and better. Then they went thru the top with Final Fantasy X. And Final Fantasy XI was their greatest achievement and their most profitable game. Compared to other MMOs like WoW and SW:TOR. Final Fantasy XI is a hidden gem in the world of MMOs. A game like EverQuest. They always improve their games and never half @&;& games like what they've been doing lately.

Final Fantasy XII and the voice acting, Final Fantasy XIII the fat trimming and dull story, and Final Fantasy XIV version I just pure bull $%!#. But Square has clearly cleaned up in the past few years. With the release of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and now Lightning Returns comes the most polish, best story, best gameplay and real time combat of all the XIII games. And their doing it with Final Fantasy XV, that game isn't half @&;&ed by any point. They spent years on it never to release a rushed or run down version. And now they're doing it with Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't know what the hale they were on when they released the first one, but the guy who said, hey, let's give A Realm Reborn to the fans. Well that guy was the reason why Square Enix, is NOW returning to their former glory days. And that Final Fantasy XVI will basically sell and be what Final Fantasy VII was when it was released in 1997.

And Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, well let's just say that's what XI was back in 2002.

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Well actually it is proof the SE does half  @&;& games.

Because it was only made because the original FF XIV was a half  @&;& game.

Whether or not this current iteration is  I leave to others to decide.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Version 1.0 was half ass but it was the first half ass product since the first final fantasy and thats pretty good if you compare to how often other companies come out with half assed products.  And on top of that unlike other companies they had the decency to admit it and fix the hell out of it.

And I thought 12 was one of the best in story cuz i love stories about politics and war and it reminded me of FF Tactics.  I also thought it had superb voice acting way better than 10 and 13 cuz I love how the characters sounded so professional, plus i love British accents.  I could not stand Tidus and Wakas voice acting.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Sorry to burst your bubble : Remember XIV 1.0?

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123
    1.0 was the biggest pile of crap in the history of gaming. pile of crap
  • crimzonxskyzcrimzonxskyz Member Posts: 28

xiv 1.0 was an attempt at a different style of mmo... just because you didnt like it does not mean it was crap. There were a fair amount of players who still enjoyed it, because SE actually gave a fuck about making there player's happy... 1.0 right before the Transition was actually getting quite good as far as story / class progression went... and they transitioned into a beautiful remake of the game, so... yeah They DIDNT half ass any of this... you morons just dont understand that sometimes you have to fall down to get back up... and thats exactly what happened here...

Biggups on the post, I honestly had no faith in this game from the start, but am truly happy with how things are going !!!image

nut punch to the haters!

" KINSEY KINS WHERE ART THOU!?!?! "

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28
    oh the irony
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Odd. I must be the only gamer who actually loved XIV 1.0

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KingAlkaiserKingAlkaiser Member UncommonPosts: 57

wow holy crap the fanboyism is strong with the OP lol.

SE is not god and they have made many half @%% stuff through years.

and by the way this game is no where near what FFXI was at all.

P.S- i might think op was trolling it up.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Going to respectfully disagree here.  I think the effort they made to restore this game into a solid game is awesome, but being realistic this game brings absolutely nothing new to the table, therefore I will consider it half assed.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Going to respectfully disagree here.  I think the effort they made to restore this game into a solid game is awesome, but being realistic this game brings absolutely nothing new to the table, therefore I will consider it half assed.

That doesn't make any sense. That would mean every game that doesn't have something "new" would be half done. You mean innovative, and those don't mean the same thing.

@OP They did the same thing with XI as they did with XIV 1.0. The only difference is that the JP's dealt with it the whole time while we got fixed version with an expansion and all. XI is still a great game, but it doesn't get a pass either.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Did OP just talk like XIII-2 is a good game?

SE has been screwing up since X-2. Really since XI, IMO that game is unbearable, but I guess people liked that game. XII I personally enjoy but its wasnt very well recieved, one of the least mentioned FF games there is. XIII was hardly even bearable and theyve been insisting on adding insult to injury since then with the sequels and now its shoehorn into FFXIV.

I have high hopes for XV and already like and plan to sub for XIV but SE is far from flawless. Pretty much every sequel has been a halfa$$ed attempt to milk its predecessor. Hopefully XIV will mark their return to greatness, because im not sure they can keep up this garbage.
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Having being stupid enough to try 1.0 and seeing that debacle and after all the hassle with Bit torrents and getting the bugger to even run,I was really expecting a quick look at 2.0 and then  a yep they fecked it up again scenario.

But nope they seem to have pushed the boat out big time with this one,and I was a bit upset when I realized  the Beta test was over just ready to give it another go you thought they would have given the testers a full sunday as well bit of a bummer that.

p>
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

to be honest I didn't like any of the SP final fantasy's after 9

also I didn't play 11 didn't even try it so I cant judge it,

all I know is after 10 and 12 stopped even playing FF games I mainly got into 14 because of friends who where in beta, and all the reviews ov seen of late about it, and after gdoing a bit of beta myself I was Amazed not cause the game is that good, but because its actually a good game I was expecting a pile of crap to be honest.

currenetly I am pleasnly supprised and and happy that I am enjoying the beta, and am looking forward to the launch, I don't know if I can call it a new home yet but I fill I will definetly get my moneies worth out of it for several months if not a year or more.

P.S. Final Fantasy Tactics was my favorite one :p

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.