Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone heard of Greed Monger?

13»

Comments

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by JamesP
    In time we plan on requesting that our forums be put back up. I really hope that MMORPG.com will be willing to work with us again at that time though I'd understand if they didn't want to. We will most likely wait until we launch our Alpha test though and have plenty to share with everyone.

Hope you guys do well, I personally am not looking into GM (though if it ever has an open beta or the sorts i'd likely check it out at minimum). It is unfortunate you guys will have an uphill battle trying to sway opinions with how serious people take GAMING, but that's life, you dig a whole and only you are to blame for it (no matter how ridiculous people tend to be). 

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595

Well I thought I would share with you guys how we are handling adding new content with out the need for restarting our Servers.

To pull this off I have created a Custom IronPython (C# version of Python) scripting Engine. Using this scripting engine we are able to create scripts that contains whole systems in them that can then be accessed from our Server software. This results in a dynamic system where we can add on to Greed Monger and make changes to our existing code base with out recompiling and restarting the Server Projects. 

So far we use IronPython for Chat Commands and for creating templates for all of our Items, Mobs, NPCs, Quests, Dialog, Spells, ect.

Below are 2 scripts the first one shows a Chat Command for the much needed /stuck command (During Development and testing you never know when you will need help getting unstuck from places). The 2nd Script shows a Vital template, Spell Template, and Item Template:

import GreedMonger

import UnityEngine

import Commands

import uLink

from UnityEngine import *

from GreedMonger import *

from Commands import *

from uLink import *

command = CommandManager.getInstance()

class Teleport(ICommand):

def GetCommand(self):

return "/stuck"

def HandleCommand(self, command, info):

Debug.Log("Teleporting Player!")

player = info.sender.localData

spawn = GameObject.Find("Spawn")

character = player.GetComponent("Character")

character.Teleport(spawn.transform.position)

return True

command.RegisterCommand(Teleport())

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import GreedMonger

import System.Collections.Generic

import UnityEngine

from UnityEngine import *

from GreedMonger import *

from System.Collections.Generic import *

combatMgr = CombatManager.getInstance()

items = ItemDB.getInstance()

## Vitals

vital = Vital()

vital.id = combatMgr.getVitalID()

vital.name = "Health"

vital.startValue = 47

vital.curValue = 33

vital.maximumValue = 120

vital.trigger = StatusTrigger.Death

vital.gain = 0.2

vital.tempValue = 0

combatMgr.registerVital(vital)

spell = Spell()

spell.id = combatMgr.getSpellID()

spell.name = "Fireball"

spell.maximumValue = 10

spell.curValue = 0.4

spell.gain = 0.1

spell.animation = "M_Warlock_fire_ball_spell"

spell.icon = "fire ball"

spell.delay = 5

spell.range = 20

spell.EffectPrefab = "Fireball"

spell.reduceOwnerVitalId = combatMgr.getVitalIDByName("Mana")

spell.baseOwnerDamage = 9

spell.damageType = DamageType.Fire

spell.tab = 3

spell.minLevel = 0

spell.castOnVitalId = 1

spell.castOnDamage = 20

spell.castOn = List[CastOn]()

spell.castOn.Add(CastOn.Player)

spell.castOn.Add(CastOn.Enemy)

spell.debuffDelay = 0

spell.aoeRange = 0

combatMgr.registerSpell(spell)

ironIgnot = InventoryItem()

ironIgnot.id = 323

ironIgnot.type = "Crafting Material"

ironIgnot.subType = "Iron"

ironIgnot.name = "Iron Ingot"

ironIgnot.equipableSlot = 999

ironIgnot.curStackSize = 100

ironIgnot.maxStackSize = 100

ironIgnot.isStackable = True

ironIgnot.textureName = "iron ingot"

ironIgnot.location = "Bag"

items.RegisterItem(ironIgnot)

If any one has any questions concerning any of this stuff feel free to ask me!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Vaporware imo
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Vaporware imo

Ehh you never know, Duke Nukem Forever did get released... lets just hope Greed Monger isn't squeezed out like that in a decade and a half.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Epicent
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    We don't talk about that in these parts.

I've already said my piece about that crybaby. Greedmonger literally makes me want to puke now. I find it insanely disrespectful that these guys are still posting on this forum.  I have never seen anything like this on this site. Come on Bill and gang. Get these guys out of here.

I 2nd this motion.

The Greed Monger guys are real spin doctors.  Whenever anyone has a valid complaint they essentially call them 'haters' rather than addressing the real issue.

It is outrageous that they have the balls to show their faces here after the stunts they pulled.

Extremely juvenile behavior on their part, and it seems that is the only kind of behavior they can display.

And after threatening to sue you guys are simply insane to think you can post here for free press, Get out, Go home.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I've already said my piece about that crybaby. Greedmonger literally makes me want to puke now. I find it insanely disrespectful that these guys are still posting on this forum.  I have never seen anything like this on this site. Come on Bill and gang. Get these guys out of here.

I 2nd this motion.

The Greed Monger guys are real spin doctors.  Whenever anyone has a valid complaint they essentially call them 'haters' rather than addressing the real issue.

It is outrageous that they have the balls to show their faces here after the stunts they pulled.

Extremely juvenile behavior on their part, and it seems that is the only kind of behavior they can display.

And after threatening to sue you guys are simply insane to think you can post here for free press, Get out, Go home.

I'm fine with them posting as long as they are civil.

So far, in this thread, the only people not being civil are people not associated with the game.

Keep giving us info James.  Thats why we're here. 

as an aside - I always found those 2 statements kind of opposing... "having the balls to show your face here" (indicating bravery) and "extremely juvenile behaviour" (typically not associated with bravery).

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I 2nd this motion.

If you have a valid complaint about Greed Monger I would LOVE to hear it.  Any complaints we get we will discuss them as a Team and see if there is any truth to the complaint if there is then we will make changes as needed. Like I've said we as a team made some mistakes and we are sorry about those mistakes. We can't do anything about them now except to be the best company we can be which we are trying to do. I'm here on MMORPG.com as both a MMORPG fan and now as a developer. I was here LONG before I took my job as Lead Programmer for Electric Crow Games and I'll be here as a Fan long after I'm finished with Electric Crow Games.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

Wow, users on this site are sorry and sad.

I don't know what the "other" thread was about, all I can see is this one.  And from this one the two guys from Greed Monger seem legit and ready to make a game they care for.  1) they are indie.  2) show me ANY other dev team that would dare walk into this site

From this tread the Greed Monger peeps are ready to move forward, and as expected the MMORPG users will hold onto the past and flame constantly.  The only person here who seems to have any brains is that Zaxx guy who accepted there were mistakes made and at least he has the sense to stop living in the past.

• GreezGreez Member Posts: 103

I don't particularly care about the drama... especially since it looks like it's the issue of one guy, although having what sounds like a corporate bully in charge of your company usually doesn't end well.

The game looks interesting, though, we could use a good crafting sandbox, but will you accomplish what many has failed to?

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

I have no clue what Greed Monger is, but reading some of these posts as to how the top dog acted the way he did here puts a serious dent in their credibility.

Will wait and see after launch to see the 'how's' and 'what's' to judge for myself whether it's worth my time or not.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wow! This thread made it to seven pages without being locked... this has to be a record for GM threads posted in the pub.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin
    Wow! This thread made it to seven pages without being locked... this has to be a record for GM threads posted in the pub.

lol That's what happens when we change how we respond to the community and start acting more professional... Everyone involved starts responding differently and we are actually able to share information with you guys and get your feedback so we can make the best game possible!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Good news! You've survived the apocalyspe. Now, the bad news: We've had an apocalypse. Brave the dangers for supplies and loot. Rebuild the ruined world with thousands of other players online. Make friends, make enemies. A massively multiplayer crafting adventure. Coming soon to windows and Android.

Aha, where I heard that before.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

I know little about and cared little about greed monger and really had no issue with you guys, that is until you threatened to sue the site because they where not blocking negative things said about you. that is the point that I took notice of goings on, and my entire opinion is based on that one thing.

sorry but look at how much negitive hype every single MMO out there generates no matter what it is, that kind of response tells of a unorganized group not used to or ready for what is to come.

best of luck and im glad you have improved your PR but you lost a lot of faith with that one action and it will hurt you in the future. 

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Just thought I would share some of our new stuff with you guys:

first up above we have a video of our Housing Demo

then a Screenshot from our House Construction Prototype:

And then finally the link to our released Housing Demo:

http://www.greedmonger.com/prototypes/housetool/

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive