Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of Nations: Resurrected as a MOBA

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

End of Nations is once again alive and kicking, though in a different iteration than originally planned. According to the newly updated site, EoN will now be a MOBA RTS, the first of its kind if you believe the site (and we think so...). 

The game is being fully worked on and published by Trion and you can find out a lot more, sign up for the newsletter and beta testing on the End of Nations site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Thats a bummer it didnt turn out the way originally planned.

Im no RTS player by any means,I absolutely stink as a strategist.But it would have been cool to see how this game would pan out as an MMORTS.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Trion LOL.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    I feel like i got trolled.... such a waste. Like we dont already have 101 clones of this.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Sounds terrible. Shame no one will really tackle an MMO RTS, the few that call themselves it are such a joke. Someone take the concepts that Shattered Galaxy started with a long time ago and advance them into modern times with some new features and better graphics.

If they're going to go this route, they'd better be looking at the game Myth and Myth2. The multiplayer was essentially what I'd imagine an "RTS MOBA" to be. People used points to design their squads for the match (bigger/stronger units cost more points) and then once in the match you didn't get any more units so it was a very strategic multiplayer battles. However, I doubt they will look at that and instead will make a LoL but with tanks version that is terrible.

Amazing how everything "new" or the "first" is really a rehash of a long time idea. Myth/Myth2 was out in the 90s and had what we would now call an "RTS MOBA" so it isn't like they invented anything at all here.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Uh.. wouldn't that just make it an RTS with hero units then?
  • WhitetragedyWhitetragedy Member Posts: 10
    I played the close beta and have to say it was pretty fun at the start, though it wasn't fun enough for me to stick around for the release. This time i'll go in not expecting anything and see how it plays out.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Trion LOL.

This was my reaction as well.

I never really write a game off till I try it myself but my first reaction to this...isn't good.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    A bloody MOBA? Jesus... it was bad as an MMORTS but this... just sounds ridiculous.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    What a disappointment, I had planned to play this. I don't play MOBA's though.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Trion: Man our End of Nations RTS is gonna be epic!

*EA announces a reboot of the C&C series to be just like the old games with new features*

Trion Well were boned...

*Trion goes silent for months*

Trion: Screw it lets just go moba like everyone else...

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Been looking for a new game like Shattered Galaxy for a long time. Was quite excited about End of Nations... well now it's just going to be a bullshit moba.

Hi

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Huge disappointment.

F you for crushing my dreams of Shattered Galaxy 2 ;/

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116
    there goes a possible shattered galaxy revival :(
  • razrwolfrazrwolf Member Posts: 7
    As someone who played End of Nations a fair bit I can tell you that it was practically nothing like Shattered Galaxy, at least in the ways that count, which was a real disappointment to me.
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Sad news indeed as everyone else has put so eloquently.

On the other hand...ARR remade itself and everyone seems to be enjoying that. Who knows?

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by SBFord

End of Nations is once again alive and kicking, though in a different iteration than originally planned. According to the newly updated site, EoN will now be a MOBA RTS, the first of its kind if you believe the site (and we think so...). 

The game is being fully worked on and published by Trion and you can find out a lot more, sign up for the newsletter and beta testing on the End of Nations site.

Oh, that was a good laugh.

• WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

Yeah...i was like WTF...

But keep in mind its not the traditional moba....and the game wasnt a MMO at all...you know if you were a beta tester.

Being that said..i wonder how you will change companies of units...

Because in moba you select your "Hero"(Company units here) and stay with them until the match is over.

If you can still change your company units ingame then there arent much big changes...game wasnt a mmo at all it was all instanced even on conquering maps features...just like a moba match.

I really can understand what happened with petroglyph vs trion....

Petro left and continued with "End of Nations" model but with different intellectual property "Victory" but it failed kickstarter :S

While Trion tried to save the game switching to MOBA...because the game wasnt getting better at all and it had serious issues.

Better play it before to judge the new playstyle imho.

Sry for bad english...isnt my main lol.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

well its official then.. EoN is vaporware.. in its place is this garbage.. moba's arent fun at all. and an RTS can not be a moba... how do you real time strat with a single unit while ai spams waves of garbage??? 

guess this is why trion went hush on this for so long... :/ id sooner play some stupidly lame FB "rts" then a moba that claims to be RTS...

~waits for trion to start outright banning players because they suck at moba's like LoL does....~

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I never got into multiplayer rts, the skill ceiling is too damn high

This however

I will not play either

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• tuzalovtuzalov Member Posts: 183

Noone has even played it and they already writing it off,Petroglyphs version was freaking terrible.Nothing Trion does could possibly make the new version worse.

• WhitetragedyWhitetragedy Member Posts: 10

I don't know where all the hate is coming from. If you look at the old EoN forums, the cbt experience was pretty positive. It seems that it's just the people who were expecting it to be like shattered galaxy that are hating it so much.

I think that if you guys will stop expecting it to be another shattered galaxy, but instead look at it as another game then perhaps it won't look so bad.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

another moba.

i personally dont like RTS and Mobas. but im pretty sure they thought "mobas are the new wow" lets chase that carrot instead!

shame.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    I love how people just assume its gonna be a bad Moba, i have faith in Trion!
  • MegatronicMegatronic Member Posts: 35
    Gotta love how we aren't supposed to get excited for a game without screenshots and video footage of gameplay (that's being hyped im told) but we can most definitely bust out the torches and pitchforks if a game is unreleased and "bad".
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

^Int his thread - people who do not seem to realize that EoN ALWAYS WAS A MOBA.

• - You selected a big unit and added smaller ones to support it.That's the same as selecting a hero, just in this case you have multiple units.
    • - You customized that group. That's the same as selecting  items.
    • - You matched it up to the groups your team has. That's the same as moba teamplay.
    • - You played that group with your team against the enemy teams in an arena gameplay. Yet again same as MOBA gameplay, just with more different objectives.
    Its already MOBA since the very start. They are simply adding more customizations to hero units.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON