Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arcane Saga: Operations Closing on September 16

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Net Marble has announced to its players that Arcane Saga will cease operations on September 16th. According to a notice on the official site, the cost to operate the game was more than the income it generated.

Q: Why is Arcane Saga closing?

A: After a deep review, we've determined that the costs to operate are greater than the income generated. We do not feel we will be able to properly support the game if we reduce the amount of staff currently working on it. Therefore our only option is to close the game.

This was a difficult decision for us and not one we made lightly or quickly. We have a full team of people who have dedicated the last few years to making Arcane Saga the great game it is. We want to thank everyone for their love and support of Arcane Saga.

Read the full letter on the Arcane Saga site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    That was fast. Didn't they just re-release it? Sorry to all the people loosing work due to this. I never tried this game myself, I think there are too many MMORPGs out anyway all of them trying to cash in on WOW's success and no one has even come close yet. (I have never played WOW either).

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It seemed like they spent quite a bit on advertising for this...i saw it on alot of gaming sites...The game itself looked cheap and articial though so i never bothered with it.....
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Prius Online had some interesting aspects to it, but the game was terribly mis-managed by gPotato. When NetMarble took it over, they gutted all of the lower level content, gave everyone an insane XP boost so level quicky (hence the 'get to level 25 fast' ads) and took away what little charm the game had. Graphics and mechanics were dated before Prius even came out, but there was a unique charm and personality that I actually enjoyed. This version of the game had none - just a lazy gutting of content and masking it as convenience. I don't know how they expected any other outcome besides this.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    never played Prius Online but just started playing Arcane Saga days ago. I really enjoyed it and was looking forward to decking out my Anima. this really sucks, so glad i didnt spend money in the cash shop

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Prius was an utterly forgettable, by-the-book modern MMORPG whose sole "unique" feature, the child-like companion, was marred by trite combat mechanics, a bland world and poorly written storyline. That it's revamped, retitled version failed is hardly a surprise; that it was even considered worthy of a second chance was.
  • onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161
    As Roxtarr said, company takes game, markets to former game's fanbase, game turns out to be a horribly gutted version, like a pod person from Invasion of the Body Snatchers. No wonder it's shutting down.
  • faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Kind of embarrassing that they even tried to revive it, then, nerf it so that people could get to max in a day. You expect people d to stick around when the game literally takes hours to finish?

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Prius Online had some interesting aspects to it, but the game was terribly mis-managed by gPotato. When NetMarble took it over, they gutted all of the lower level content, gave everyone an insane XP boost so level quicky (hence the 'get to level 25 fast' ads) and took away what little charm the game had. Graphics and mechanics were dated before Prius even came out, but there was a unique charm and personality that I actually enjoyed. This version of the game had none - just a lazy gutting of content and masking it as convenience. I don't know how they expected any other outcome besides this.

This.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Well that lasted a long time... NOT.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Not unexpected when they are so embarrassed about the game that they won't even put up in-game images or videos on their own website.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

That was exactly the problem I found with the re-release of the game. They took out a lot of the things that actually made Prius Online unique, like the ability to take your anime. Not only that but the graphics in the original were actually better than the re-release (how that is possible, don't ask me).

Smile

• wingoodwingood Member UncommonPosts: 33

Agreed.  I tried it a few weeks ago as I had played Prius Online when it first came out. 10 minutes later, I uninstalled it. Like others have said, the changes made to the game ruined what made the first game enjoyable in the first place, not to mention the poor graphics.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Ni big loss , many more games need to close down ASAP
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i liked Prius Online but Gpotato never did anything to improve its flaws. I was excited when i heard Netmarble was reviving the game...... These guys just made it worse. Killed it completely.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Grunty

Not unexpected when they are so embarrassed about the game that they won't even put up in-game images or videos on their own website.

...as with a lot of those "eastern" MMO's. You go to the site and can't find any screenshots or videos to see what the game looks like. I call them spaghetti MMO's. They just keep throwing loads of games out there till something hopefully sticks. lol.